Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Jerry! It's great to be here! I'm very excited to say the least. Time to check out some more vids showcasing this incredible plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by TECHSING View Post
      Thank You Jerry! It's great to be here! I'm very excited to say the least. Time to check out some more vids showcasing this incredible plane.
      Some examples of the slow end of things :D

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Thanks janmb. The fact that the F22 is so steady at that speed makes me feel better about eventually landing it one day, LOL....

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

If your CG is closer to 140mm (back from the wing leading edge), that is even more nose heavy and should require even more up elevator trim for neutral flight. Meaning less than 5.5 up from the bottom foam edge.

But yes, Pogo's elevators are a curios thing indeed. With 150mm CG one would expect something around the 5.5mm from bottom edge as the manual calls for (which is actually a fair bit of up elevator trim since the plane is nose heavy at 150). The by far most likely explanation would in general be that the CG is indeed more tail heavy than 150, maybe more like 160-170 (I currently fly mine around 175, but please don't try that without going baby steps). But if that can be ruled out, I'm not really sure that else to look for. It is hard to imagine the AoA of the wings are SO different from one model to another to explain this much difference in elevator positions. Even at 175, my elevators are more positive than Pogo's I think.
          Yes, it is a conundrum! I'll report back after (hopefully) more flights this weekend.
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by TECHSING View Post
            Thanks janmb. The fact that the F22 is so steady at that speed makes me feel better about eventually landing it one day, LOL....
            Not hard to land at all. I use a gyro in mine to make it look better when gusty (it is a very light model with a huge wing area so gets tossed around a lot by wind, which in turn ruins the scale looks completely).

Certainly doesn't need a gyro at all - it is very steady without too once you have your rates and expos dialed in. It just makes it look better.

Also definitely recommend tailerons. It is a huge improvement over the stock configuration. Just be aware that tailerons add a LOT of roll authority, so rates need to be dialed down quite a bit.
            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Copy that and I am definitely planning on running a gyro.

Comment

• I would like to get the arf+ version. Have the freewing 4075 1250kv 12 blade 8s setup lying around. You guys think it would be a good match for this airframe ?

Comment

• Yes. I have a JF 8S set up in mine but another at my field has the FW 8S and it's a good setup.

Comment

• Thanks Evan. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Just joined the club with an order of the arf+. Really looking forward to this one, as it's my second favorite next to the F117.

Comment

• I have about 8 flights on my Freewing F-22 and loving it more and more each time I fly her. Recently, I installed an afterburner by LIGHTBURNER. The afterburner arrived on time and packaged well. The instructions were easy to follow and with color illustrations. Very simple installation and set up. I Y-Harnessed the unit to my throttle channel and connected power with the installed balance port to the 6s lipo's balance port. I also painted the exhaust ducts with Rust-Oleum CHROME paint. The LIGHTBURNER is a DUAL edf afterburner that adds some extra realism to the F-22 Raptor.

Comment

• Lookin' good!!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutter262 View Post
                            I have about 8 flights on my Freewing F-22 and loving it more and more each time I fly her. Recently, I installed an afterburner by LIGHTBURNER. The afterburner arrived on time and packaged well. The instructions were easy to follow and with color illustrations. Very simple installation and set up. I Y-Harnessed the unit to my throttle channel and connected power with the installed balance port to the 6s lipo's balance port. I also painted the exhaust ducts with Rust-Oleum CHROME paint. The LIGHTBURNER is a DUAL edf afterburner that adds some extra realism to the F-22 Raptor.
                            Thank you Cutter262, your business is highly appreciated!
                            Get your Lightburner here: https://www.facebook.com/thelightburner

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutter262 View Post
                              I have about 8 flights on my Freewing F-22 and loving it more and more each time I fly her. Recently, I installed an afterburner by LIGHTBURNER. The afterburner arrived on time and packaged well. The instructions were easy to follow and with color illustrations. Very simple installation and set up. I Y-Harnessed the unit to my throttle channel and connected power with the installed balance port to the 6s lipo's balance port. I also painted the exhaust ducts with Rust-Oleum CHROME paint. The LIGHTBURNER is a DUAL edf afterburner that adds some extra realism to the F-22 Raptor.
                              wow your lightburner kit looks amazing on your raptor Cutter262, this will be my next project as well , the Rust-oleum is what i like to use as well. Glad to hear you have a good experience with the lightburner kit. My opinion is this is the best kit money can buy.

Comment

• here is a sample of my lightburner on my mig, no thrust reduction what so ever, the dual setup will be just as amazing for you F22 guys. waiting for funds to get mine soon

Comment

• Thinking about buying the 8S version. Is there any reason why I can't fly a smaller pack to start (ie same as the 6S spec)... and upgrade to the larger pack once I feel more confident?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richo107 View Post
                                    Thinking about buying the 8S version. Is there any reason why I can't fly a smaller pack to start (ie same as the 6S spec)... and upgrade to the larger pack once I feel more confident?
                                    The 8s is a heavier 12 blade that runs at 1390 times 8 cells (11,120 rpm). Using 6 cells would only be 8,340 rpm... That being said, it might fly at sea level, on pavement, and would be a handful to keep airborne.

I bought the 8s version, and just bought (3) 2s packs to run with 3 almost new 6s packs (same brand and specs). If I had the same plan, I would just buy a 6s fan off RC Groups classifieds to use until wanting to fly 8s...
                                    Or just fly 8s, being as the F-22 is actually pretty easy to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richo107 View Post
                                      Thinking about buying the 8S version. Is there any reason why I can't fly a smaller pack to start (ie same as the 6S spec)... and upgrade to the larger pack once I feel more confident?
                                      There are newer fan options now as well. You can get a higher kv 6s set up from motion that will drop right in and use the same 6s pack.
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Ok the time has finally come! I will be getting a kit plus of this plane... still not sure what EDF unit to use but I have 3 on standby at home...
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                          Ok the time has finally come! I will be getting a kit plus of this plane... still not sure what EDF unit to use but I have 3 on standby at home...
                                          Howabout a 'Spoiler' Goon,... You've seen them Fly and had your hands on the Sticks I'm Guessin' .... You going for Lightweight SlowFlight with good Speed ?? Or..... Ballistic Performance on HighCell ??? I know you've got this already figured out !!! Hahahahaha. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X