Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

Comment

• good day to all, I receive my F22 some days ago, made my test flight last weekend in bogota at 2600 mts in grass field I feel its slow i have a lot of things in opposition to fly so I am thinking in upgrade just the edf unit and engine with speed control on 6s maybe jp or jetfan. somebody know about how can I improve my performance whit out go to 8s and increase my weight?

EDF fan option: https://effluxrc.com/Jetfan-90mm-V3-...-90-V3-EDF.htm

ENGINE option: https://effluxrc.com/HET-700-68-2100...T700682100.htm

whit this configuration need to upgrade speed control or can I go with the 6s standard freewing?

if not SP option: https://effluxrc.com/Castle-Phoenix-...?categoryId=-1

thanks

Comment

• Ran into my first blue box issue with my 8s F-22 last weekend. The steering and landing light stopped working. When I plugged the steering servo directly into the receiver it worked fine. Also, when I plugged the landing light into another port in the blue box it worked fine as well. So just those two ports on the blue box stopped working for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	33D7F7CA-98CC-4673-9122-344045B606B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	264.1 KB ID:	215947 Latest news!
          US Marines to get F-22 Raptor... Click image for larger version Name:	726967FA-A4F9-46B9-AD03-1BC6DD3A48AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	215946
          The Marines aren't the only ones to get their hands on an F-22. Beware! Hydra has one too... BTW, your Marine livery looks awesome!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3332.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	281.3 KB ID:	217154
          Last edited by txcreature; Oct 23, 2019, 07:56 AM. Reason: add compliment

Comment

• Really great work txcreature! I saw this pop up on Facebook the other day. Welcome to Hobbysquawk!

Comment

• Outstanding

Comment

• Never shared my videos... hat cam so if you don't like just ignore...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I now have the F-22 for over a year and can't believe what an awesome model this is. Still keep discovering new aerobatic possibilities - just mastered high-alfa stalls and it looks so scale like the real plane. What an amazing aerodynamically performing model!

Alfa - it is time for a 120mm EDF 12s version please! We need a bigger F-22!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                    I now have the F-22 for over a year and can't believe what an awesome model this is. Still keep discovering new aerobatic possibilities - just mastered high-alfa stalls and it looks so scale like the real plane. What an amazing aerodynamically performing model!

Alfa - it is time for a 120mm EDF 12s version please! We need a bigger F-22!
                    I don't think anyone besides Alpha has had one for over a year yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

True. My pre-order was delivered on 12/10/18. But close enough to call it a year.
                      Pat

Comment

• txcreature, Hail Hydra!

My original Foil 001 turns two years old next month. Still alive, surprisingly!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          txcreature, Hail Hydra!

My original Foil 001 turns two years old next month. Still alive, surprisingly!
                          It's wild to me that you had one flying a year before they were announced. Shows how much time goes into these awesome planes!

Comment

Ok you guys are right, just looked at the purchase date, it's 9 months :-)

Comment

It's wild to me that you had one flying a year before they were announced. Shows how much time goes into these awesome planes!
                              I'm flying our 2021 planes. Greetings from the future!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46111.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	217683
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20190929_121215[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	217684Click image for larger version  Name:	20191007_114649[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	217685Click image for larger version  Name:	20191007_114651[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	217686
                                I got my Raptor a couple of months ago when the 6S standard power system went on sale. I picked up Gooniac33's LED afterburner system (awesome product Ray!!!). Here's a pic after she was assembled, Star Trek Enterprise playing in the back ground. Before installing the LED system I lined the exhaust with aluminum duct tape I picked up at Lowes. Great stuff as it really carries the light back and the LED is visible during daylight, sorry no pics of it in operation.
                                However on my first landing, which I thought was going to be rather uneventful. I misjudged the approach and landed her adjacent to the geotex runway. The grassy part of the field is well kept and short being cut twice a week. One of the mains pulled out on touchdown, I don't have the bird in front of me right now so I don't recall if it was port or starboard. But as you can see the damage was minimal as was the glue. I epoxied it back in, and went to pull the other main out to epoxy it in. But I was unable to do so. It was really glued in there and did not budge or want to come out.
                                Other than the main pulling out I have had no other problems, knocking on wood, and I have about twenty flights on her so far and she is really nice and flies like she's on rails.

Comment

• So is a 8s version of this plane that much better than 6s? I want fast with power on tap. I will be flying it high Alfa and such. Should I go with a plug and play and add my own power system from another manufacturer for the price difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by loki255 View Post
                                    I got my Raptor a couple of months ago when the 6S standard power system went on sale. I picked up Gooniac33's LED afterburner system (awesome product Ray!!!). Here's a pic after she was assembled, Star Trek Enterprise playing in the back ground. Before installing the LED system I lined the exhaust with aluminum duct tape I picked up at Lowes. Great stuff as it really carries the light back and the LED is visible during daylight, sorry no pics of it in operation.
                                    However on my first landing, which I thought was going to be rather uneventful. I misjudged the approach and landed her adjacent to the geotex runway. The grassy part of the field is well kept and short being cut twice a week. One of the mains pulled out on touchdown, I don't have the bird in front of me right now so I don't recall if it was port or starboard. But as you can see the damage was minimal as was the glue. I epoxied it back in, and went to pull the other main out to epoxy it in. But I was unable to do so. It was really glued in there and did not budge or want to come out.
                                    Other than the main pulling out I have had no other problems, knocking on wood, and I have about twenty flights on her so far and she is really nice and flies like she's on rails.
                                    I was wondering when you were gonna get all of that together!! Glad you like it! The F-22 is one of my fave planes at the moment but I have a bigger problem... I can't get all of my birds to the airfield when I want them!! I have to pick and choose what I bring which is not fun... may need to get a trailer....LOL
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Depends on what you want to do. Keep it light weight and it does the high alpha a little better. Go 8S (or more) and get some speed and vertical going... I have mine on a lighter weight 8S set up and put TVs on it to get the best of both worlds.

Originally posted by Joshflyboy007 View Post
                                      So is a 8s version of this plane that much better than 6s? I want fast with power on tap. I will be flying it high Alfa and such. Should I go with a plug and play and add my own power system from another manufacturer for the price difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshflyboy007 View Post
                                        So is a 8s version of this plane that much better than 6s? I want fast with power on tap. I will be flying it high Alfa and such. Should I go with a plug and play and add my own power system from another manufacturer for the price difference?
                                        Personally.... IMHO.... FOR me.. the 6s was Doggy... the 8s is Schweet!!!!! X10. I will always own a freewing f-22 I LOVE THIS PLANE..
                                        I remember seeing a post " possibly by Alfa recounting an example running on 12S with burner and brakes and full lights complement. Plane still retained all of its fantastic flight and landing attributes.

Also have a Hobby Eagle A3L smoothes out the slight wobble during slow high alpha
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Personally.... IMHO.... FOR me.. the 6s was Doggy... the 8s is Schweet!!!!! X10. I will always own a freewing f-22 I LOVE THIS PLANE..
                                          I remember seeing a post " possibly by Alfa recounting an example running on 12S with burner and brakes and full lights complement. Plane still retained all of its fantastic flight and landing attributes.

Also have a Hobby Eagle A3L smoothes out the slight wobble during slow high alpha
                                          We have several 12S (and heavily loaded mind you, with relatively large LiPo's, main wheels brakes, centerburner, etc.) Jetfan 90 equiped Freewing F-22 90mm jets at my local field. Out of all the 90mm jets in Freewing's line up, the F-22 handles the weight best, and is rather impressive to see. I would imagine Freewing and Alpha didn't design it for that, and I'm not saying I recommend it either, but it was impressive how the plane handled with the extra load. I'd imagine Alpha was amazed as well.

Here is a video I took of my friends flying their F-22's. The video isn't the greatest since it's filmed from my smartphone, but I did film it in 4K (the camera had a hard time keeping up with the speed of the jets, but still decent), so make sure to select 4K when playing the video on a TV or device that allows 4K playback. Some jets in the video are the 8S stock power system, while others are 12S Jetfan 90 (with HET motors) power systems.

Comment

Working...
                                          X