Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Fredmdbud, we've got ARF Plus in the first shipment, so you're covered my friend ;)

Themudduck, yes, the cockpit is sheathed in thin plastic. No gatoring! The seat itself is still foam, like the L-39, but it's painted in medium gray (the tinted canopy finishes the illusion of a darker cockpit without sacrificing the visual detail) so it doesn't popcorn easily.

Andrew_flyguy, We've filmed flights at 3 minutes, and we've filmed flights at 4:45 minutes, same battery. It just depends on flight profile and energy management. We'll be posting some of my 4+ minute flights to show that with proper energy management this bird can be flown longer than other 90mms and still have lots of fun with all the maneuvers in the book.

262demon, our psychic connection is working!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Mannnnnnnn......thank you.....thank you LOL. I felt in my heart and soul this jet was coming. Hahaha. The detail work is amazing as are the great features like plastic lined intakes, plastic lined cockpit, paint shading, etc. Very very very sweet. I’m biased though, as I’m a massive F-22 fan anyhow. The full scale demo’s are always fun to see, and they are also too cool seeing them fly in Hawaii.

I am super pumped about this.

Comment

Glad I never bothered with the LX one...Been waiting for a good size, quality F-22!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

A long time ago I changed my Avatar to the F-22’s heads up display in hopes of it providing me some good luck and vibes for a future F-22 model, and here it is! Giddy-up!

Comment

T-Cat I've been watching your HUD in your avatar for months.... I figured you'd be happy with Foil's revelation. Add some green film to the free-to-download 3DPUP Cockpit Set and get going! We've replicated the coaming down to the vents, rivets, and peculiar shapes of the HUD frame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2670.JPG
Views:	2580
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	160027Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2665.JPG
Views:	2546
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	160028

Name:	_DSC2641.JPG
Views:	2441
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	160030Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2646.JPG
Views:	2503
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	160029

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              T-Cat I've been watching your HUD in your avatar for months.... I figured you'd be happy with Foil's revelation. Add some green film to the free-to-download 3DPUP Cockpit Set and get going! We've replicated the coaming down to the vents, rivets, and peculiar shapes of the HUD frame.

Name:	_DSC2670.JPG
Views:	2580
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	160027Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2665.JPG
Views:	2546
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	160028

Name:	_DSC2641.JPG
Views:	2441
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	160030Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2646.JPG
Views:	2503
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	160029
              Yeahhhhhhh buddy ;). I absolutely love the way they fly and love the way they look, and the full scale has always impressed me since I was younger. Slow flight is beyond amazing and fun, landings are beautiful, and it still has some stinkaroo when you want to do a low fast pass.

THIS will definitely get a 3D printed cockpit when it’s in my hands. I just have to, along with some other fun stuff that I thought of over the years drooling over that this would be created someday sometime.

Comment

:Cool:Gotta have the 3D printed parts for that cockpit
                i may have overlooked it, but I’m not seeing prices anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                  I just saw a few things flash by on the You Tube reveal and I saw 479.00... Alpha, if you are still there and not popping the corks, LOL Is that about right?? Thanks again for all you do Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

I guess 1022 is a bit early, but you can celebrate with us here at home!!!

Comment

I saw $479 as well for the 6S PNP standard.
                      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                        The STL files are free to download, they'll be on the product pages when they go live at some point over the next several hours (probably by the time you wake up depending on your time zone). The factory printed sets will be uploaded to the website in about a week. There's always a lag between the STL files and the factory printed sets, not least because the STL files can be uploaded in a minute versus shipping physical sets across the Pacific, but also because we use the initial download period as a datapoint in determining the quantity of sets we print. The correlation isn't linear for obvious reasons, but it's still valuable information. I'm still not convinced that 3DPUP cockpits have mass-appeal, yet. But in the meantime, we're still going to make it an option for all our new premier releases as we have since 2017's B-24. Eventually, I think they'll catch on. With this F-22, aside from the cockpit, weapons bay, and canopy frame, we're also releasing wheel chocks and intake covers (these two as STL files only), to increase the static display factor of the model. We all know many of us sometimes spend more time sitting on the flight line with our friends looking at planes than we do actually flying them. So we might as well make it look cooler while it's sitting there.

Comment

• JLambCWU
                          JLambCWU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Preach.....

Man oh man this is exactly what I was hoping for! I'll be first in line tomorrow! Thanks for all your hard work Alpha!!!!

Comment

This looks absolutely awesome!! Each release is getting better and better. Will be preordering for sure! The flight envelope, retracts, and 3D printed sets really are on another level. Already eyeballing some quick mods, some more scale sized tires for flying off geotex, and some outer gear doors to cover up the rest of those wheels.

Comment

Correct, the 90mm 6s PNP will be $479. We worked very hard to make that price point a reality amid this late 2018 tradewar world. With all the... "challenges"... on this side of the pond, controlling our price was no small feat. But we did.

A model this size, with the multiple foam sub-assemblies necessitated by the F-22's shape, prevented us from using a traditional two piece symmetrical fuselage design like the F-4. The result was 40% more surface area in the F-22's molds, making them our largest yet.

The all-new main gear struts, the new ball bearings and receivers, the new plastic servo pockets, the reworked wing to get the stall down to almost walking speed, the necessary reinforcements for agility loads on 6s and speed runs on 8s, it all added up quickly. But we were adamant to deliver a 2019-era 90mm EDF that pilots could jump into from a 70mm EDF and have a good chance of being successful. The Raptor accomplishes that. That's its primary function in our pantheon of products, to prepare a new generation for what's to come in this category.

Buckle up, friends, we're going places!

Comment

So who's going to be the first? ;)

Pat

Comment

Comment

Dump the cash men

Comment

OH my...…. Callie will be busy!!!

Comment

or