Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This does look to be awesome even without lights. Would you guys say the nose gear has a more rigid solid mounting platform versus the su35. I mention this cause from the video it looks like theirs very little material in that area. With the lightweight of this plane and the room for batteries I could run 10s in it. The 8s versions esc is rated for 10s and my thunder power batteries are lighter for 10s than most batteries at 8s. This thing on s or 10s will be insane

Comment

• did you also say the f22 is alreay on a ship making the journey here? So right before xmas. Santa better be good to himself and buy this jet

Comment

• Thanks for the detailed response. It makes sense what you say.

The only TV EDF I’ve got is the SEBART MiG-29 and I really enjoy the capabilities of 3 axis control no matter the airspeed or AoA. I appreciate though that a 90mm EPO EDF with rather more bells and whistles is a different beast!

Comment

• Yes, dbirds2, our ETA for the first shipment is December 17, they're already en route! :)

We tried to wait as long as possible, while still recognizing there was pent up demand for Project Foil. Tony flying at Arizona Jets next weekend made this week a perfect time to announce the bird. Arizona Jets will be its first public event where pilots can pour over Tony's and Evelyn's F-22 in person.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooch View Post
            Thanks for the detailed response. It makes sense what you say.

The only TV EDF I’ve got is the SEBART MiG-29 and I really enjoy the capabilities of 3 axis control no matter the airspeed or AoA. I appreciate though that a 90mm EPO EDF with rather more bells and whistles is a different beast!
            The Sebart MiG-29 was produced by Freewing. We flew them head to head here at the factory. While the MiG-29 is out of production, there's still one left in the engineering room that we get to toss around from time to time. You're right, it's a different animal but very fun in its own right!

Comment

• Alpha, you should be taking a rest. Isn't it like 3am in Shenzhen? :)

Comment

• Alpha random question:

I recall you mentioning in the release video that the airfoil was modified until the stall speed was reduced to almost a walking speed (or wording similar to that). For the various freewing designs, are these airfoil iterations tested virtually via some simulation software, or is it all done via field testing, or a mix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
                  Alpha, you should be taking a rest. Isn't it like 3am in Shenzhen? :)
                  That's when he usually goes to bed...

Comment

• Alpha sleeps? That's news to us. LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• While I'm not ecstatic about the lack of VT, I pulled the trigger on a 6S version regardless :D Will probably customize VT myself, but also want to keep it as light as humanly possible, so definitely 6S over 8 for me.
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Alpha sleeps? That's news to us. LOL
                        He must live on around 3 hours a day if that. :Yawn:

Comment

• I am still on the fence on 6S or 8S. A part of me wants 8S just for the extra thrust on those low passes and extended aerobatic capability and pull out (and the little extra woosh you get from a 12B versus 9B even though I know it's not that much of a difference). Yet I bought the F-4 Phantom 6S version and I absolutely love it. Can't imagine the 8S would make me any happier. So I may go with the 6S.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My wish was granted! It looks like a fun flyer. Only missing thrust vectoring and all the scale lighting but... I’m sure I will love it

Comment

• Super happy and excited, truly a wish jet come true, owned a few different versions of the Raptor and for years wanted a larger one! Thank you Motion and Freewing for getting this done! All the boys at my field have been buzzing today over this! My only question is will it come with NAV lights?

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                                While I'm not ecstatic about the lack of VT, I pulled the trigger on a 6S version regardless :D Will probably customize VT myself, but also want to keep it as light as humanly possible, so definitely 6S over 8 for me.
                                Awesome Jan. I too have conjured sweet thoughts of a TV mod but will fly it first stock. It honestly looks like it will not benefit it much for the potential penalties that could manifest themselves. Alpha's post #120 has a really good explanation for why it doesn't have it that might be worth a look if you haven't yet seen it.

Comment

• Sleep? What's that? You mean like a recharge cycle?

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                  Alpha random question:

I recall you mentioning in the release video that the airfoil was modified until the stall speed was reduced to almost a walking speed (or wording similar to that). For the various freewing designs, are these airfoil iterations tested virtually via some simulation software, or is it all done via field testing, or a mix?
                                  All of the above, Dirty Dee. We've got a few secrets up our sleeves but to summarize, there aren't many tools we don't use. Mathematics and engineering aside, our aero validation process is very thorough. Proof is in the pudding, I suppose.

Comment

• Exclusive photo of Alpha in his R&D laboratory...

Click image for larger version

Name:	mad-scientist2.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	160300
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	160304Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	157.5 KB ID:	160305Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	160306Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	160307Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	148.2 KB ID:	160308Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	160309
                                      Photos taken this morning. Still going through a bunch. Enjoy!

Comment

• Great shots as always! Now we all know Miss Evelyn isn't on the larger spectrum for human size of course but even still these are great shots to really appreciate the size of this F-22!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Welp, I think I said they're models I would have preferred to have seen instead of an F-22. I also understand why Motion decided to make this. However I do give credit, where credit is due! It's impossible to ignore the monumental achievements that Alpha, and motion has done here. The flight performance is impossible to ignore! The L-39 was something I just couldn't enjoy looking at. But this jet, I'm sure is something I could come to love. Especially with the incredible flight performance of the Motion RC 90mm F-22! For better or worse, this will be my first 90mm jet. Once again special thanks to Alpha, and Motion RC.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X