Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a missing tooth or two on the drive gear of the potentiameter......aka bum servo. BTW I finally flew mine for the first flight after the terrible maiden landing. All dialed in and flying great but the nose gear gave out on landing. Looks like the original damage to the underlying foam is too much. Gonna have to replace the fuselage and switch everything over. All because I failed to set the ailerons to indicated throws when setting it up originally.:Loser::Crying2: Sure wish you could get replacement ailerons without having to replace the whole wing!!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      Sounds like a missing tooth or two on the drive gear of the potentiameter......aka bum servo. BTW I finally flew mine for the first flight after the terrible maiden landing. All dialed in and flying great but the nose gear gave out on landing. Looks like the original damage to the underlying foam is too much. Gonna have to replace the fuselage and switch everything over. All because I failed to set the ailerons to indicated throws when setting it up originally.:Loser::Crying2: Sure wish you could get replacement ailerons without having to replace the whole wing!!
      Could you make it (them?) out of balsa Brad? You know, that wood stuff...:)
      Tom

Comment

• Are you using a gyro?

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
        Anyone replace the elevator servos and if so what servos did you use? I can’t seem to get this bird dialed in. The first few flights were great but now she doesn’t want to stay stable. On the ground the servos work fine but I did notice the elevator servos a bit notchy and not smooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Could you make it (them?) out of balsa Brad? You know, that wood stuff...:)
          Tom
          Hey Tom, yes I could. Just need to replace the last inch or so of the trailing edge of the starboard aileron. Just being lazy.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Are you using a gyro?

I do use a s8r with built in gyro. My gains are turned almost off and when testing I shut off gyro but still have a unstable plane.

Comment

• The reason I ask is I’ve seen a gyro cause an itchy servo. Even with the gyro function off.

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

I do use a s8r with built in gyro. My gains are turned almost off and when testing I shut off gyro but still have a unstable plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                I can't get over how light the F-22, F-4 and other New Gen jets of ours are
                Definitely agree on that!

I'm flying my F-22 stock 6S and totally love the things you can do with it - which is very much a direct consequence of weight.

Had some interesting 8S vs 6S discussions on FB and other places, and a lot of people seem to not appreciate the impact of weight (and lack thereof) nearly enough.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                  Anyone replace the elevator servos and if so what servos did you use? I can’t seem to get this bird dialed in. The first few flights were great but now she doesn’t want to stay stable. On the ground the servos work fine but I did notice the elevator servos a bit notchy and not smooth.
                  I'm using Turnigy 306G for mine. Amazing speed, precision and power in a very small package. You will have to pad it a little bit though (it is slightly smaller in most directions).

Comment

• Mike, I read your post and went to the link. Are you offering a service or what? I am not sure I got this part. Thanks.

Comment

• After reading much on the CG, I decided to see where my CG was using the Xicoy machine and the 5000 battery. The wire clutter is from the after burner lights and so forth. I have not flown yet; therefore I cannot comment on how this CG behaves. It worked well with my other planes.

Comment

• I created a new thread to report blue box issues. If you've had any issues with it in any of the 3 planes it has been released in (L-39, F-22, F-18), please post the details on this thread:

Pat

Comment

• I finally got a chance to see one of these babies fly in person as one of our club members has one. Seems like a really sweet ride with a great speed envelope! Here's a quick little video from one of his flights.

Chris

http://thercgeek.com
                          http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• A little example of what this bird can do in the slow part of the envelope :D

Comment

• Wow! I know what I will be working on in my next flights! :Cool:
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Install TVs first...

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                Wow! I know what I will be working on in my next flights! :Cool:

Comment

• Oh I didn't realize he had TV...I guess I should have guessed. :Silly:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• What a great model, it’s so much fun to fly. Thanks to Geert and Peter for the videos!

Pilot Frank Born flying his Freewing F-22 Raptor equipped with a 10S Schübeler 90mm setup.Recorded on 22/6/2019 at the IFF meeting in Wey, club RFMC.#motionr...

Impeller, EDF, EDF-Jets, Jets, Modellflug, Flugmodelle, Elektroimpeller, Jetflug, RC, RC-Jets, Wey, Freewing, F-22, Raptor, Motion RC

Comment

• Aros, he doesn't have TVs. I have them on mine and it makes it so much more fun.

Oh I didn't realize he had TV...I guess I should have guessed. :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Wow! I know what I will be working on in my next flights! :Cool:
                                        Thanks, that's exactly the reaction I was hoping for :D

Oh I didn't realize he had TV...I guess I should have guessed. :Silly:
                                        I don't :D

Perfectly stock 6S F-22.

(actually a lie, I replaced the elevator servos due to stuttering, but that's it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Aros, he doesn't have TVs. I have them on mine and it makes it so much more fun.
                                          Yeah I have been considering it. Have flown a lot of SU-35 so kinda know what I'm missing out on. The flip side is weight. The ridiculously low weight on my current setup is making it sooo much fun, so I definitely am reluctant to add any

Comment

Working...
                                          X