Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor - Official Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
    Well boys I finally got my "Star Scream" F-22 Turbine conversion complete! I waited for the new X-45 to com in @ 10lbs of thrust instead of using the slightly bigger and heavier K30 @7.5lbs of thrust! This motors diameter is smaller than a soda can. This Turbine is bad to the bone, high quality, light powerful with a 2 stage compressors. The pump is brushless, and the GSU is small and super light weight. Super easy plug and play set up, NO programing needed from you radio for throttle trim settings as it already knows you radios end points, unlike the kingtech stuff which required the "in learning" process to get things set up. The pics show pretty straight forward installation right where the old EDF unit was. Made the fuel tank with a 33.6 ounce Fuji bottle that squeezed right over the CG area, not using a UAT to save space, so I'm using a felt tip clunk and air trap soft cover over it. Jet has JP wheels and brakes (60mm). 3 lipo backs to power everything; 950mAh/brakes, 2000mAh-50C/ECU, and 2000mAh/Servos along with a BEC. See pics. If you have any question let me know!

Love the look of this new turbine. Xicoy has great stuff and very high quality. This is something I would like to have, but it is a bit expensive for the size (IMO)

Keep us updated...…. so much fun

Rich

Comment

• Well done! Look forward to the video!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• well, i decided to hold off on the F-18 for a bit. Although the Service Bulletin and Support from Motion/MRC has been outstanding, i just decided to go the F-22 Route for now. Wow. 131 pages of comments. Is there a recent post someone can refer me to regarding refinement of CG/Throw or Mix settings? or if the Owners Manual references are still the baseline. Maybe Pin a post for those things for the next newby.

Comment

• I have found the manual to be pretty spot on for me. This is one model you will fall in love with fast. Excellent flight envelope and performance on 6S...Tracks exceptionally well, very well behaved. Floaty at times (in a good way). A breeze to takeoff and land. Go by the book and have a ball.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• This... if you want a nice simple setup just go by the manual.

Originally posted by Aros View Post
            I have found the manual to be pretty spot on for me. This is one model you will fall in love with fast. Excellent flight envelope and performance on 6S...Tracks exceptionally well, very well behaved. Floaty at times (in a good way). A breeze to takeoff and land. Go by the book and have a ball.

Comment

Well boys I finally got my "Star Scream" F-22 Turbine conversion complete! I waited for the new X-45 to com in @ 10lbs of thrust instead of using the slightly bigger and heavier K30 @7.5lbs of thrust! This motors diameter is smaller than a soda can. This Turbine is bad to the bone, high quality, light powerful with a 2 stage compressors. The pump is brushless, and the GSU is small and super light weight. Super easy plug and play set up, NO programing needed from you radio for throttle trim settings as it already knows you radios end points, unlike the kingtech stuff which required the "in learning" process to get things set up. The pics show pretty straight forward installation right where the old EDF unit was. Made the fuel tank with a 33.6 ounce Fuji bottle that squeezed right over the CG area, not using a UAT to save space, so I'm using a felt tip clunk and air trap soft cover over it. Jet has JP wheels and brakes (60mm). 3 lipo backs to power everything; 950mAh/brakes, 2000mAh-50C/ECU, and 2000mAh/Servos along with a BEC. See pics. If you have any question let me know!

Wow man! That rocks!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• sad news as Bill 34207 has passed away in sw fla I beleave it was Friday...bill was a great guy and would help anyone with there planes or boats anytime RIP Bill

Comment

• Ron, My condolences to you and to those who knew Bill 34207. I did not have the pleasure, though my thoughts and prayers go out to those who called him friend. Best, Steve
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1000w_q95.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	210759

Comment

• Rest in the arms of the Lord. We will miss you here Bill. Blessings and peace to your family and friends... Jerry

Comment

• For those who don't know, the avatar above was his on Hobby Squawk.

Comment

• Condolences to Bill's family and friends. RIP Bill.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I remember that avatar. Sorry to hear.

Comment

• Have my F-22 ready to maiden. One question, which reference seam is used for setting Neutral on the Elevator? The higher seam just in front of the elevator leading tip? or stepped down seam just slightly aft of it?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
                                Have my F-22 ready to maiden. One question, which reference seam is used for setting Neutral on the Elevator? The higher seam just in front of the elevator leading tip? or stepped down seam just slightly aft of it?

Thanks for the help.
                                You measure up from the bottom edge of the fuselage. This pic should help.
                                Pat

Comment

• Lots of flying this past weekend!! will share videos when they are uploaded....
                                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• CRAP!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• I still have many more to upload... but here are a couple that are done thus far...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks Skyboom! They are position lights bars (on the vertical stabs, wings, and forward fuse) for night ops and formation.
                                        Very nice job! May I ask where you got the formation light bars?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post

Very nice job! May I ask where you got the formation light bars?

Thanks
                                          They were 3d printed then wired up the LED's in them. There is some videos on YouTube showing how to do it.

If you want to purchase this kit send me an Email to
                                          Solt4923crew@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X