Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building and detailing mine... installing pannel lines too with a little wheathering...
    All my best.
    Manolo.

Comment

• very nice.

Comment

• Got mine in the air a couple times yesterday. videos are uploading now...
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I have read of a few... I would remove the nose gear with the entire base still connected (and the gear extended). So it’s basically ripped from the model. Then put a bunch of glue (gorilla glue, contact cement, etc) in the entire area of where the base is supposed to be connected, and put the entire thing back in... use q-tips to remove excess...

the reason for leaving the gear installed and extended is you need to make sure it’s perfectly straight while the glue is curing. If not, you’ll be worse off than you are now.

That basically is required on the F-86 main gear straight out of the box
          C117,

After two attempts at using foam safe CA to repair the loose forward mount in mine, I thought I’d give your method a go. Using the extended gear as a handle didn’t allow the mount to let go on the right side. Perhaps more pressure would have worked but felt like I was at the point of tearing something else up.

I was able to create clearance between mounting flanges and foam to apply white (foam safe) gorilla glue for what appears to be a bullet proof gear mount now.

The guys at my field swear by this product and it was my first time using it. From now on I will wear surgical gloves when using it, as I had to dip into my toxic chemicals to free it from my finger tips.

John
          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Here's pics of the top and bottom. The panel lines are not painted. What I did was take a charcoal pencil and draw them in with charcoal, then used a short hard-bristle brush to blend in the charcoal. I finished it off with a couple coats of Testors Dull Cote to seal in the charcoal and protect the decals. It was somewhat tedious because of the large amount of panel lines, but the overall result was worth it!
            I ended up using a sharpie. I’m happy with the results. The lines really gave it that finished look I thought was missing. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

• Agreed, it looks much better with the panel lines done! If you look at the pic of the bottom of mine, you'll see where I drew in the lines for the front of the belly doors as the panel lines were not molded into the foam.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post

C117,

After two attempts at using foam safe CA to repair the loose forward mount in mine, I thought I’d give your method a go. Using the extended gear as a handle didn’t allow the mount to let go on the right side. Perhaps more pressure would have worked but felt like I was at the point of tearing something else up.

I was able to create clearance between mounting flanges and foam to apply white (foam safe) gorilla glue for what appears to be a bullet proof gear mount now.

The guys at my field swear by this product and it was my first time using it. From now on I will wear surgical gloves when using it, as I had to dip into my toxic chemicals to free it from my finger tips.

John
                I should have flat out said the white gorilla glue haha. That’s exactly what I use on areas requiring more than a small amount. I have a tube in a caulking gun that’s been my “go to” solution for repairs or sealing up modifications. I did use it last on the F-86 mains and it’s held up well. Turns out the F-86 doesn’t fly nearly as stable when the canopy blows off in flight. Fortunately, having one of the mains rip out was all that happened after touching down on bump in the grass where I was flying.

Comment

• Had some what of a hard landing with a switching wind gusting to 15mph while landing.

Tech tip for you guys

Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post

C117,

John
                    Do not use foam safe CA on this plane. It is EPO and it will not stick to it. EPO is like plastic in bead form. Regular Medium and super thick CA work really well on EPO.
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Planes
                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Anyone have the 3D files for the jet intake covers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big12fan View Post
                          Anyone have the 3D files for the jet intake covers?
                          Here they are.
                          Attached Files
                          Pat

Comment

• More fun each and every flight!!!! Great bird!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	33D7F7CA-98CC-4673-9122-344045B606B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	264.1 KB ID:	215947 Latest news!
                              US Marines to get F-22 Raptor... Click image for larger version  Name:	726967FA-A4F9-46B9-AD03-1BC6DD3A48AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	215946

Comment

• Looks great!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	33D7F7CA-98CC-4673-9122-344045B606B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	264.1 KB ID:	215947 Latest news!
                                  US Marines to get F-22 Raptor... Click image for larger version Name:	726967FA-A4F9-46B9-AD03-1BC6DD3A48AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	215946
                                  Where did you get the decals?

Comment

• Originally posted by hkduder View Post

Where did you get the decals?
                                    The decals are from Callie and there were an extra (Callie sent them by mistake) set for my FW F-4. They are the VMFA 451 Warlords. They make it so much easier to see this bird in the air, it’s night n day.

Comment

• Oh HELL YES!!!!! :-)
                                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• More flights on mine yesterday!! What a blast!!! I have had to force my self not to touch elevator on take off and it has paid off with much better rotations and no shooting up into the air! Just getting to love the plane more and more... Will share videos when I get them uploaded... got some formation time too...

Comment

• Hi to all. I just joined the site as I have an F-22 6s on order. I have admired the plane on YouTube for some time. It is my 1st edf. Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                          X