X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phatbob,

When I set up my F-15 Eagle, I put the air brake on a separate channel on my receiver and did some flap / aux mixing.
    I have the flaps on a 3 position switch and the brake deploys at full flaps down. The brake closes on positions 1 & 2 for take off settings and flaps up.
    I run a Spectrum DX-18 gen 1, but you should be able to do the same on a DX-9.

This is just my personal preference but here is a break down of how I set all my flight controls for all my EDFs:

1) Throttle
    2) Aileron
    3) Elevator
    4) Rudder
    5) Retracts
    6) Flaps

7) Steering
    8) Aux 1 / special feature { Air Brake }
    9) Aux 2 / special feature
    10) BEC / E-Fuel
    11) expansion module out to channel 18

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcangel View Post
      Phatbob,

When I set up my F-15 Eagle, I put the air brake on a separate channel on my receiver and did some flap / aux mixing.
      I have the flaps on a 3 position switch and the brake deploys at full flaps down. The brake closes on positions 1 & 2 for take off settings and flaps up.
      I run a Spectrum DX-18 gen 1, but you should be able to do the same on a DX-9.

I guess that's what I'll be doing.I don't see any way around it. When you say " full flaps down", is that at 90 degrees, or the high rate setting per manual?

Thank you!!

Comment

• Hey Phatbob.

I always go with the maximum settings detailed in the manual. I see no reason to push a flight control past the manufacturer's suggested maximum limits.
        Although, in the case of my F-15, the maximum suggested limit for the flap deflection was further than I could physically get the flap to travel, so I went with the max physical deflection I could get from her wings. ;)

Comment

• Any one...Is the CG to be checked with the gear retracted or down on the f-15.

Comment

• I did mine gear down. It's still alive :)
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Yes, gear down.

Comment

• Okay... I am working on a ARF Model. I'm finding it to be tail heavy. I also built an PNP and it balanced fine with my battery location. this one requires it to be moved forward and I am still not where I should be. I wonder if they add extra weight to the nose cone on the PPN model and put in less on the ARF for the folks using a 8s power??

Comment

• My ARF had weight in the nose cone. I installed an 8S fan but had to remove the weight to get it to balance with my two Admiral 4S 5000 Pros

Comment

• Steve, I did the same thing when I replaced my fan with the FMS 90mm unit. It's a sizable chunk of metal, but I was surprised that it was only .7 oz.
                    Pat

Comment

• Got the ARF Plus 90mm F-15 and put the 1680KV setup in it. Setting the CG machine at 118mm with a Motion RC 5000 6s battery she comes up tail heavy. Suggestions on what is being used to balance it out. Thanks!

Comment

• Hey there Having fun,

I bought the high performance version with the 1680kv and mine came with a chunk of lead in the nose cone from the factory, I think the ARF plus kit does not come with this lead weight. I did leave it in and mine balanced out just a little tail heavy still so I moved my fan/motor forward, used two of the stock mounting holes and drilled out two holes for the front mounting screws, I did that for two reasons, it moves the CG more forward and it also helped the wires to be more relaxed on the ESC, I did grind some of the fan shroud too, it was pinching the wires right where they go under the cheater hole cover. Hope this helps and I don't have the weight of the lead I used, sorry, I glued the nose cone on solid because some people were losing it on a rough landing, I haven't had to remove it yet. This jet is forgiving on the CG too, you can be a little back on the CG and it flies fine. I know I'm not much help but thought the pictures might help you understand what I did to mine, you can also see that my fan cover doesn't sit down flush anymore because I moved the fan foward out of the foam ring, it's no big deal, got plenty flights with no issues, keep your timer to no more than 2:30, it loves to eat batteries with this setup but it's way faster over the stock F-15.

I can get you my CG range if you need it?? I use Gensace/Tattu 6S 5000 60C to power mine.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks DCORSAIR! Can't be flying a tail dragger through the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
                            Got the ARF Plus 90mm F-15 and put the 1680KV setup in it. Setting the CG machine at 118mm with a Motion RC 5000 6s battery she comes up tail heavy. Suggestions on what is being used to balance it out. Thanks!
                            I'm not sure if you have any juicier batteries, such as the RT 5500 or 6250. I believe this should get you another 1-2.5oz depending on the battery. I haven't flown my high performance version yet, but have also heard it's a pretty forgiving plane in regards to CG.

Comment

• Thanks purduephigam, I have some Roaringtop 70C 5500s I fly in my HSD F-16. I will try those. They are about 4 oz. heavier then the Admiral batteries

Comment

• Just placed my order. Looking forward to adding this bird to the fleet!

Comment

• The Eagle comes in today! :Cool:

Comment

• It is here in North Texas. Arrived in great shape and in a few days. Thanks Motion!

Comment

• congrats ! BTW, which version did you get ?

Comment

• Thank you! The standard 6s. Mainly for flight time. My T-45 has the inrunner setup, and it is a battery hog! ;)

Comment

• Anyone.....The stock bec failed on my F15. fortunately not in flight!! I purchased the castle creation 10 amp bec. After receiving it I discovered that it is only rated for 5 amps on 6s continuous. Am I safe with this? The stock one is rated at 8 amps but I do not know if that is Peak or continuous.

Comment

Working...
                                          X