Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there Jet10, was your F-15 under warranty? If so, contact MRC's support team at motionrc.com/support and they'll happily take your case through the requisite warranty evaluation procedure.

If your F-15's warranty was expired, your next best option is a UBEC. I've seen the CC 10A BEC used in several Freewing 90mm aircraft, including the F-15. However, for the record I'd be more comfortable recommending the stock 8A UBEC. The headroom is worth the peace of mind. At a minimum, consider the 6A UBEC from ZTW:

ZTW 10A Universal Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC/UBEC) - ZTW300200010 The ZTW Universal Battery Eliminator Circuit or UBEC is the easiest and least expensive way to protect your plane from an ESC failure or "brown out" condition. The ZTW UBEC is a crucial device if your ESC does not have a battery eliminator circuit o

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Howdy! I always use the CC 20 amp in the 80-90mm jets. It has two power outputs to the reciver, so you have to have enough channels on the receiver to handle that aspect. I usually run the Spektum 8 or 9 channels, so that is not an issue... Works every time!!! :Cool:

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Rated at 13 amps at 6s voltage.

Comment

• I use the ZTW 10amp and have had no issues. I use them in almost every plane I have...

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Ok thanks guys... I'll have to look at the specs more carefully... not what the advertised capacity is.

Comment

• How do you guys store this airplane? I can't come up with a good way to hang it on the wall like I do my other airplanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet10 View Post
              How do you guys store this airplane? I can't come up with a good way to hang it on the wall like I do my other airplanes.
              Mine hangs from the ceiling. A couple of 1/2" PVC pipes a couple of inches longer then the wing root, drilled for cords to run through and a couple of pieces of the foam insulation to cover the PVC.
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Giving the Eagle a little life alongside the F4.

Comment

• Nice work! Panel lines and weather really do set these models off!
                  Pat

Comment

• Anyone running the RT 6250s? I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this or not, but when balancing (upright and gear down), it's perfect. When gear go up, it's still balanced, but relatively nose heavy. I've tried to adjust the battery and move weights around internally to get a more balanced stance when gear is up, but it's either super nose heavy on the stand, or pretty nose heavy on the stand. Anyone else have this, assuming you look at gear both up and down? I figured worst case I just mix a little up elevator with 0% flaps. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                      Anyone running the RT 6250s? I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this or not, but when balancing (upright and gear down), it's perfect. When gear go up, it's still balanced, but relatively nose heavy. I've tried to adjust the battery and move weights around internally to get a more balanced stance when gear is up, but it's either super nose heavy on the stand, or pretty nose heavy on the stand. Anyone else have this, assuming you look at gear both up and down? I figured worst case I just mix a little up elevator with 0% flaps. Thanks everyone.
                      The are great packs!! They actually weigh quite a bit less than most 6s 5000mah packs. They will work great in there.
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Great thanks. Everything is all balanced and it's ready for a taxi test and maiden!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Hey there Having fun,

I bought the high performance version with the 1680kv and mine came with a chunk of lead in the nose cone from the factory, I think the ARF plus kit does not come with this lead weight. I did leave it in and mine balanced out just a little tail heavy still so I moved my fan/motor forward, used two of the stock mounting holes and drilled out two holes for the front mounting screws, I did that for two reasons, it moves the CG more forward and it also helped the wires to be more relaxed on the ESC, I did grind some of the fan shroud too, it was pinching the wires right where they go under the cheater hole cover. Hope this helps and I don't have the weight of the lead I used, sorry, I glued the nose cone on solid because some people were losing it on a rough landing, I haven't had to remove it yet. This jet is forgiving on the CG too, you can be a little back on the CG and it flies fine. I know I'm not much help but thought the pictures might help you understand what I did to mine, you can also see that my fan cover doesn't sit down flush anymore because I moved the fan foward out of the foam ring, it's no big deal, got plenty flights with no issues, keep your timer to no more than 2:30, it loves to eat batteries with this setup but it's way faster over the stock F-15.

I can get you my CG range if you need it?? I use Gensace/Tattu 6S 5000 60C to power mine.
                          I tried moving the motor forward like you did and it stalled on takeoff after many successful flights in the normal position. I didn’t have to drill new holes or zip tie my esc. I did notice there is now an opening where the motor wires feed forward so it is no longer air tight. I need to measure the thrust in both configurations. This plane is the worst to damage out of all my EDFs. There is a ton of moving parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I tried moving the motor forward like you did and it stalled on takeoff after many successful flights in the normal position. I didn’t have to drill new holes or zip tie my esc. I did notice there is now an opening where the motor wires feed forward so it is no longer air tight. I need to measure the thrust in both configurations. This plane is the worst to damage out of all my EDFs. There is a ton of moving parts.
                            Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you, mine flies just fine this way and sounds like you should have left yours alone, you said it was flying fine? I had to move mine because the motor wires were to short for some reason and it helped with my cg. You said it stalled on take off as in not enough thrust or speed, looks like you would have noticed your ground speed wasn't fast enough if this was the case?? It had to be really slow to stall it on take off.

Comment

• My T-45 had the short esc wires issue as well. I had to add 3" to the throttle cable on the original esc. Also, they had the motor wires so tight that they were being chaffed by the fan unit. The FMS upgrade and new esc solved all of that.
                              I don't like wires being under stress and definitely don't like them touching edge of the fan unit.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you, mine flies just fine this way and sounds like you should have left yours alone, you said it was flying fine? I had to move mine because the motor wires were to short for some reason and it helped with my cg. You said it stalled on take off as in not enough thrust or speed, looks like you would have noticed your ground speed wasn't fast enough if this was the case?? It had to be really slow to stall it on take off.
                                I fly off a golf course... so every takeoff is slower than it should be. I moved it forward to remove the nose weight. That plane flies like it has a brick on its back compared to other 90mm's

Comment

• Hello Folks, i‘ve got a question. I bought my Deluxe Version 1680 kv 6 months ago and tried to fly it of our grass Strip. It is trimmed (1inch) quite well so it should have taken off, but it never did .
                                  The strip is around 350 ft long and i used allready 300ft at full thrust but it was never possible to get a lift off.

I checked the thrust and it’s producing around 2400 gramm at full Power in the manual it says that there should be 4300 Gramms! Is the brushless System faulty???....do you have any ideas?

Comment

• Welcome to HobbySquawk. Did you calibrate the ESC?

Comment

• Yes i did! And i have set the timing to Medium to see of it is producing more thrust.......it stays at 2400 Gramms but now it Pulks 115 Amps instead of 98Amps!

Comment

• Ouch! That hurts

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackhawk71 View Post
                                          Hello Folks, i‘ve got a question. I bought my Deluxe Version 1680 kv 6 months ago and tried to fly it of our grass Strip. It is trimmed (1inch) quite well so it should have taken off, but it never did .
                                          The strip is around 350 ft long and i used allready 300ft at full thrust but it was never possible to get a lift off.

I checked the thrust and it’s producing around 2400 gramm at full Power in the manual it says that there should be 4300 Gramms! Is the brushless System faulty???....do you have any ideas?
                                          Is your ESC calibrated? Also, the ESC timing could be off. Either that or there is an issue with the fan or motor. Or... there is something blocking air from the inlet or exhaust.

If you hadnt measured thrust I would say check that your wheels move easily. Just the other day one of the wheels on my SU-35 nose gear was locked. I attempted takeoff and aborted when I could tell there was an issue

Comment

Working...
                                          X