Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes i calibrated the esc.......i calculated that it pulls 2800 Watt. So i‘m pretty disapointed

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackhawk71 View Post
      Yes i calibrated the esc.......i calculated that it pulls 2800 Watt. So i‘m pretty disapointed
      I used my phone on my last response and didn't see that everything I said was already covered... sorry. If its not a setting in your transmitter for the throttle channel then I think you're out of luck.

Comment

• Mine is running a JP 8S fan so I am not the best person to provide input. I don't have any trouble getting off of well manicured grass. Perhaps someone else could better offer their experiences? Anyone? I have seen the inrunner version fly off of grass no problem and flew great!

Comment

• Well rcjetdude if it would help to modify it to 8s i would do it, the present Problem is that i dont know if it is a technical issue?!

Comment

• I fly off grass with the outrunner... works fine. Just build speed before you turn

Comment

• You may want to put a watt meter on it and check for battery voltage drop under load. That 1680 motor should be pulling over 120 amps at full throttle.
              That's the reason I went to a Jetfan 90 and 8s on mine. Didn't like the short flight times and overheated batteries it gets on 6s
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• How about the weighing after the 8s modification ?
                About the question how much it pulls if i set the the esc timing to low it pulls around 98 Amps at medium 115 Amps and with the timing set to high it goes up to 124 Amps. like the of model a lot so i like to fly it. It’s a pity but i have no acces to a paved runway........unfortunately i have to live with the grass strip.....are you guys taking off with flaps?

Sorry if i‘m writing with the time delay. I‘m living in Switzerland so we have at least 6 hours more the you guys!!
                But in any thanks for all the ideas and help it’s highly appreciated.....

Comment

• 8S isn't necessarily a cure for your problem because of the additional weight penalty. I already had the fan so that is what I went with. I find it odd that increasing the timing saw no increase in thrust. Almost seems like something is limiting airflow but I don't believe your cheater or intakes are blocked. I do use 1/2 flaps to take off but have not had any trouble getting off grass myself. The grass I flew it off of was like a fairway. If the wheels are spinning freely and the ESC is calibrated you could try some flaps and see what happens. Make sure you are not nose heavy. You want it to be able to build up enough speed to become airborne without forcing it. Last resorts would be to try a different ESC and motor but that is expensive. Shorter grass might also help if there is even an option for that...just throwing out ideas here. Battery could also be an issue if it is tired or brand spanking new. Bad solder joints?

Comment

• I thought the same thing about the 8S but i‘m considering all possibilities. I want to get this model in the air. I checked the wheels and running freely. I haven‘t done any take off with flaps down yet...it might help?! AoA is big concern due to the behavior of fuselage during take off. I personally think that the esc is fine. What could be another source of a lack of thrust are the intakes maybe they are to small........but then why would I have the problem and others don‘t.......I will try it on Friday and set the cg back......and see what happens.....

Comment

• I fly my inrunner off grass but the grass must be short. I also have my CG slightly tail heavy which helps. Also be sure there is no grass stuck in the fan unit. Any grass caught in the fan will definitely degrade power.

Comment

• I test flew my F-15 with the 9-blade power system and it sounded great and had plenty of power. It’s the same power system as installed in the stock F-4 Phantom. I just need to move the battery aft and mix some up elevator with the flaps on my next flights.

Comment

• Every jet I fly off grass takes off better with 1/2 flaps than with no flaps. Also, use a healthy amount of back pressure on the takeoff roll to lighten that nose wheel. If you can get the nose wheel up a little she will accelerate better. In grass, lighter birds fare better than their heavier counterparts.
                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• When is motion planning on getting F-15 gear struts back in stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                              When is motion planning on getting F-15 gear struts back in stock?
                              I just bought some from RC Castle. They took about a week to get here from China.

Comment

• Copy that.

Comment

• Maidened my F15 today. After conversing with Steve, it is most definitely an inertia flyer. Still needs some adjustments but otherwise super cool in the air. I bought the high performance version so I am adhering to a strict 2:30 flight time.

I am running it with a 6250 pack and had to counter balance with 2oz of weight in the nose. I'm wondering if it'll be more efficient if I remove the counter weight and just balance with the 5000 packs. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking this type of plane would respond more favorably to less weight rather than a larger pack (with the idea of getting more flight time)

Comment

• I have the Inrunner version too and I use 5000’s. My timer is set at 3:15. Mine also has the weight in the nose. It flies awesome on 5k’s. I most definitely do not fly past the timer. I ran a battery out the first couple times I flew it. I was flying pretty hard on the throttle. I managed to make a “good” dead stick landing. They drop like a rock without power on landing, and I broke the MLG doors off. Overall I think it’s one of Freewings best airplanes. The landing gear is rock solid and the CG is really forgiving. I bought one of the new FW 90mm outrunners that I’m going to use. It weighs 145g less and produces similar thrust than the 1650 Inrunner does... it’s on my list of projects

Comment

• I will try the 5000s and see if there's a difference in character. Tempted to try that outrunner as well. Thanks for your input!

Comment

• I’ve been following these f15 tests and wanted to share my results with the fms 90mm 12 blade 1900kv fan upgrade. Aircraft weight with fms fan 2443g w/o battery.

Here are my numbers.

5200mah Zeee 50c pack
                                        low timing 112amps 2236g thrust
                                        mid timing 115amps 2300g thrust
                                        high timing 126amps 2330g thrust

5000mah 70c chinahobbyline
                                        low timing 125a 2450g thrust
                                        mid timing 127a 2465g thrust
                                        high timing 130a 2540g thrust

All amp results are peak amps and they usually drop off.

I don’t see how the manual says 4300g thrust.. Even fms says that the fan should push 3.26kg thrust @112 amps. Now I understand that it’s not getting any air pushed into intakes and my kitchen method is flawed. But really 4300g stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                          I’ve been following these f15 tests and wanted to share my results with the fms 90mm 12 blade 1900kv fan upgrade. Aircraft weight with fms fan 2443g w/o battery.

Here are my numbers.

5200mah Zeee 50c pack
                                          low timing 112amps 2236g thrust
                                          mid timing 115amps 2300g thrust
                                          high timing 126amps 2330g thrust

5000mah 70c chinahobbyline
                                          low timing 125a 2450g thrust
                                          mid timing 127a 2465g thrust
                                          high timing 130a 2540g thrust

All amp results are peak amps and they usually drop off.

I don’t see how the manual says 4300g thrust.. Even fms says that the fan should push 3.26kg thrust @112 amps. Now I understand that it’s not getting any air pushed into intakes and my kitchen method is flawed. But really 4300g stock?
                                          I stuck the same unit in my F-15 and it actually felt slower to me and flight times were not any better than my 1680kv, so I went back to the 1680kv, way better, just tried it for fun, I never checked the timing or anything but I wasn't impressed after several flights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X