X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! The F-15 is a nice bird!!! Happy New Year!! Jerry
    Thanks Jerry! Looking forward to getting this thing going. And Happy New Year!

Comment

• Does anyone happen to know the length of the nose gear from the begining of the shaft to the tip of the tire. I want the fold back gear on my Raptors nose gear and it looks like the F 15 nose gear might fit but can't find any dimensions.

Comment

• I’m all but ready for the spring flying season to arrive... I have a question regarding the stock F-15 outrunner. I’ve been getting feedback lately from various people on the Motion RC Facebook fan page that state the outrunner version is lackluster and overall provides poor performance. And, the inrunner upgrade is the only way to go. Any input from members of this group would be greatly appreciated. I have no issue upgrading to the inrunner if it’s worth it.

Would the inrunner upgrade require full replacement of the fan unit? And how about the stock ESC?

Thanks all!
        Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
          I’m all but ready for the spring flying season to arrive... I have a question regarding the stock F-15 outrunner. I’ve been getting feedback lately from various people on the Motion RC Facebook fan page that state the outrunner version is lackluster and overall provides poor performance. And, the inrunner upgrade is the only way to go. Any input from members of this group would be greatly appreciated. I have no issue upgrading to the inrunner if it’s worth it.

Would the inrunner upgrade require full replacement of the fan unit? And how about the stock ESC?

Thanks all!
          Jeff
          You can fly the stock F-15 as is, just don't expect it to take off and climb out at a fast pace, when you rotate, pull the gear up asap and let it clean up and it will get going, it's not bad, I flew mine stock for a few flights and sold it because of the performance just wasn't there for me, bought another F-15 and put the FW 4068-1680kv unit in, it flies so much better, I also tried the new FW 4068-1835kv unit and that works even better, longer flight times and a little more vertical. It is worth the investment and I did use the stock ESC with no problems so far, but that is up to you to decide if you want to stay with the stock ESC and take a chance, and yes it is a complete fan and motor replacement. Get the 4068-1835kv complete unit and it is a drop in fit, you will have to change your CG, the upgrade is a heavier unit. Well worth the $150 investment.

Some people will tell you to try the FMS 90mm 1900 and it works better and all that blah blah, I tried it and it wasn't much better than stock, maybe I didn't have it set up right or something but it didn't work for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

You can fly the stock F-15 as is, just don't expect it to take off and climb out at a fast pace, when you rotate, pull the gear up asap and let it clean up and it will get going, it's not bad, I flew mine stock for a few flights and sold it because of the performance just wasn't there for me, bought another one and put the FW 4068-1680kv unit in, it flies so much better, I also tried the new FW 4068-1835kv unit and that works even better, longer flight times and a little more vertical. It is worth the investment and I did use the stock ESC with no problems so far, but that is up to you to decide if you want to stay with the stock ESC.
            That’s excellent info, thanks for taking the time. I live in Colorado at about 4500’msl. The air is a little thin up here. I’m tempted to get a few flights on it before spending the upgrade $$$. If I like the F-15 overall after a couple flights, then the upgrade would be worth it.
            Thanks again.

Comment

That’s excellent info, thanks for taking the time. I live in Colorado at about 4500’msl. The air is a little thin up here. I’m tempted to get a few flights on it before spending the upgrade $$$. If I like the F-15 overall after a couple flights, then the upgrade would be worth it.
              Thanks again.
              Well, now that you told me Colorado....:Confused: Not going to say it won't fly but it might really struggle on take off, it will be fine once it gets going.:)make sure you use a good quality battery with plenty of C..........:Cool: Seriuosly I can't give you advice on that, I never have flown in Colorado, but I'm sure you won't be happy with it, my buddy here in Ca. just bought a stock one and he flew it one or two times and pulled the stock unit out and dropped in the 4068-1680. Think about this, you can always sell the stock unit and add some to it and get the upgrade, I seen those stock units go for $60-80 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Well, now that you told me Colorado....:Confused: Not going to say it won't fly but it might really struggle on take off, it will be fine once it gets going.:)make sure you use a good quality battery with plenty of C..........:Cool: Seriuosly I can't give you advice on that, I never have flown in Colorado, but I'm sure you won't be happy with it, my buddy here in Ca. just bought a stock one and he flew it one or two times and pulled the stock unit out and dropped in the 4068-1680. Think about this, you can always sell the stock unit and add some to it and get the upgrade, I seen those stock units go for $60-80 bucks.
                Again, thanks for the info. I might just go straight for the upgrade.

Comment

• It's been a few years since I had mine but I always loved mine even stock, but admittedly I always felt it lacked some punch. Flew great but a touch under-powered. Good upgrade suggestion DCORSAIR I will have to remember that whenever I pick one up again.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I’m all but ready for the spring flying season to arrive... I have a question regarding the stock F-15 outrunner. I’ve been getting feedback lately from various people on the Motion RC Facebook fan page that state the outrunner version is lackluster and overall provides poor performance. And, the inrunner upgrade is the only way to go. Any input from members of this group would be greatly appreciated. I have no issue upgrading to the inrunner if it’s worth it.

Thanks all!
                    Jeff
                    That was me on FB... I’m at 1500’ flying off grass and I did fly on the outrunner for a few flights. (I know that 1500 is basically nothing) I wrecked by putting the flaps up too soon on takeoff climb. I stalled and had no altitude or speed to do anything. Then I bought a new fuselage and the Inrunner.

Comment

• Oh, it’s just the EDF unit. It’s the same ESC... Look on RCGroups Classifieds for one. That’s the best place for parts. Here’s the link to the newest generation of that fan.

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for the input. Much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks all!
                          Jeff
                          If you are in thin air then go for the hotter set ups!! There are a couple new ones out from freewing now that motion is selling. The outrunner and inrunners will work out pretty good with the newwer rotor design! There are some other pieced together units that would works really well too. My set up of choice is the stock inrunner housing with a 4082 Leopard 1600kv inrunner spinning a Supreme Hobbies 13 blade rotor. Using the FMS rotor with 1800-2000kv motors works really well too!
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

•  

Comment

• You really haul the F-15 around, nice flying! You make it look like it handles well, even without a gyro.

Comment

• First flight on mine this weekend, sporty to say the least. Somehow I got ailerons reversed and still didn't catch it in pre-flight. Started my initial turn and it went right instead of left. Thought I felt a gust at that time so thought maybe the wind had bumped it. another slight left input and again right, this time kept rolling at which point I realised what might have happened. Ran the checklist in my head and got some altitude to confirm my initial thoughts. Flew the rest of the pattern and landed safely. I must say it lands beautifully. I have one question and one comment. The flaps seem to have different travel, approximately 3/16" at full factory deflection settings. Has anyone else had this issue? They are spot on in neutral (zero flap).
                                Second item is just a comment about the batteries above and is purely an observation and personal preference. I tend to fly a little slower than firewall on all my aircraft. I think the aircraft look more realistic in flight. While I fully appreciate the increased aerobatics, etc I find the slower flight just looks more natural, plus I get more battery time. The A-4 was where I first noticed this. The model can reach around 100 mph, but if you do the math for the scale it should really cap around 70-75mph. Just thoughts.
                                ;)

Comment

• videos from sunday's flying

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Hey Gooniac.. is that an FMS FAN/Motor Combo?
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                      Hey Gooniac.. is that an FMS FAN/Motor Combo?
                                      no mine is not. I use a Freewing inrunner housing, Leopard 4082 1600kv motor with a Supreme Hobbies 13 blade rotor. ESC is a Red Brick 200amp and battery is either a 6s 55c 5000 or 6s 50c 6200

Comment

• Gooniac, I love your afterburner setup. What did you use? I've got to get one for mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

no mine is not. I use a Freewing inrunner housing, Leopard 4082 1600kv motor with a Supreme Hobbies 13 blade rotor. ESC is a Red Brick 200amp and battery is either a 6s 55c 5000 or 6s 50c 6200
                                          Can you get 4 minutes ? :-)
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X