Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
    Gooniac, I love your afterburner setup. What did you use? I've got to get one for mine.
    I make them and am selling them now. If you want one get a hold of me in private message.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Can you get 4 minutes ? :-)
      Its a pretty hot set up but it all depends on how you are flying. I limit my flying time to about 3 mins just to be safe. It draws about 145amps peak but at half its only drawing about 45amps but still has enough power to climb. I have done 4 mins with laid back flying... but wouldn't dare do that when hot rodding!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Would this be a good first 90mm?
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
          Would this be a good first 90mm?
          Its a question of what you have flown before... and with how much success.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Its a pretty hot set up but it all depends on how you are flying. I limit my flying time to about 3 mins just to be safe. It draws about 145amps peak but at half its only drawing about 45amps but still has enough power to climb. I have done 4 mins with laid back flying... but wouldn't dare do that when hot rodding!
            Hey Gooniac,
            I really appreciate your feedback and really enjoy your Vids! thanks again brother! ;)
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Would this be a good first 90mm?
              I personally wouldn't buy it for my first EDF, it is easy to fly and flies very well but if you get in trouble on landing it sometimes can be a handful at times, it likes a nice solid approach, heavy flyer as well so you have to pay attention to your landing, its very easy to land but it's your first EDF you said, I used to recommend the F-86 but I think the L-39 would make a great first EDF, it flies very well and lands like a trainer, gear is tough too. Just my opinion of course on that......:Cool:

Comment

• :Cool:+1 on the L-39!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I personally wouldn't buy it for my first EDF, it is easy to fly and flies very well but if you get in trouble on landing it sometimes can be a handful at times, it likes a nice solid approach, heavy flyer as well so you have to pay attention to your landing, its very easy to land but it's your first EDF you said, I used to recommend the F-86 but I think the L-39 would make a great first EDF, it flies very well and lands like a trainer, gear is tough too. Just my opinion of course on that......:Cool:
                  Wouldn’t be my first EDF, sorry I assume it was understood I was flying 64/70mm first

I’ve got UMX Mig, Eflite F-15,F16 and Viper. All been successful. Have a number of WWII prop planes
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Personally, I buy EDF Jets that I like to 'Look' at !! Simple as that. And if something is terribly 'Wrong' looking on one, I won't fly it until I 'Correct' it !! It may only fly once as we all know. Should have it looking good for that glorious occasion

Any of them can be made to fly well, if you've got the inclination, skills and resources to make it so.
                    It also helps if you have a 'Proper' FlyingSite for your desired 90mm EDF Jet !! Pointless to go through the motions if you've got nowhere to fly it. We've all seen the Videos of these Jets. By watching, One can usually determine how a given Jet will most likely behave.

Comment

Wouldn’t be my first EDF, sorry I assume it was understood I was flying 64/70mm first

I’ve got UMX Mig, Eflite F-15,F16 and Viper. All been successful. Have a number of WWII prop planes

Oh okay, my mistake, thought you were just getting into EDF Jets, I still think the L-39 would be good but for a 90mm the F-15 is a good flyer as well and it sounds like you can handle it, get the high performance pkg if you can, flies better than stock.

Comment

• Here’s my repaint in the Mod Eagle colors. I know, I know. It’s not much different than the original but I notice it. Tomorrow arrives an 8S setup from MRC for it. Can’t wait to see how it flys on the upgrade. I noticed a huge improvement when I applied the same upgrade to the 90mm F-16. Hoping to see this one perform more like an F-15.

Comment

• Would that be the 'Pacific Grey' you've got going on there ? NiceWork !

Comment

• Thanks! I’m not familiar with the term “Pacific Gray.” It is a rendition of a Kadena F-15 squadron out of Japan though. :)

The colors used for this Mod Eagle scheme were FS 36251 and FS 36176.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh okay, my mistake, thought you were just getting into EDF Jets, I still think the L-39 would be good but for a 90mm the F-15 is a good flyer as well and it sounds like you can handle it, get the high performance pkg if you can, flies better than stock.
                              I mean, I'm new, yes lol. I flew my viper and F-16 this past weekend and F4 both went great. Had a hiccup on the F4 and collapse the nose gear (Eflite). The wind was picking up and I shouldn't of been flying such a new bird. There's talk about elevator setting and if the CG that's in the manual the real cg.

The Eflite F-16 is just awesome. I hope the Freewing 70-90 fly just as well.
                              Planes

Comment

• DEATH OF AN EAGLE
                                Well, a couple weeks ago I lost my F-15. It's my fault, sort of. One of the wires pulled out of the EC-5 connector on the ESC. I bought it used from a guy on RCG. I checked everything over pretty good before I flew it, and it all seemed ok to me. I did get to fly it about 30-40 flights. But I really should have paid more attention to the connectors. After removing everything out of the carnage, I saw that the connectors were not soldered very good. I bought it as the HP version, which it was, but I think the guy did the conversion himself. Anyway, lesson learned!

I was all set to pull the trigger on the F-22 as a replacement, but then I got that darn e-mail from Motion on the new F-18 Blue Angels that will be coming out, someday soon I hope. I already have my CC ready to go. Ha Ha

Comment

• Such a Bummer when we lose one !! I know that horrible feeling.
                                  On a brighter note !!! That new Hornet looks Sweeeeeet indeed !! And I am loving the Blues PaintJob on there !! I'll be racing you with my 'Finger on the Button' for my spot on the Pre-Order roster !!! Hahahaha. GL with your next project. Cheers
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171026_124159.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	186727

Comment

• Bobaroo, how are you hanging your models?
                                    Planes

Comment

Bobaroo, how are you hanging your models?
                                      I either Make a FullOn TailHook capable of supporting the weight of the Jet, retractable of course or I Sink a wooden Anchor in them and run some Plastic Coated Steering Cable through that and make a loop on the end to Hand em !!!

You can see the 'Wire' on No.5 There !!! Cheers

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170502_124255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	186766
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1525704716821-881211832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	186767

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190327_125326.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	186768

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

I either Make a FullOn TailHook capable of supporting the weight of the Jet, retractable of course or I Sink a wooden Anchor in them and run some Plastic Coated Steering Cable through that and make a loop on the end to Hand em !!!

You can see the 'Wire' on No.5 There !!! Cheers

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20170502_124255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	186766
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	1525704716821-881211832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	186767

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190327_125326.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	186768
                                        That F-22 is hilarious, wish I would of thought of that for my F-15!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys View Post

That F-22 is hilarious, wish I would of thought of that for my F-15!
                                          ... I know Right ?? Wait a minute now, we'll have no more of THAT action !! They hang better off the Hook. Hate it when they get Plaque'd.

Comment

Working...
                                          X