Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys, hoping to stretch the flight envelope this weekend and do some formation flying with my buddy's F22.

Comment

• Gotta Build me a drone FPV Rig.... specifically for this purpose!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Ok experienced Freewing Eagle drivers. I cant figure this out. My F15 has flown twice, barely able to get it back on the ground in one piece both times. If I slow it down it starts rolling to the right to the point it is uncontrollable (I had to just roll rt gain speed in the dive to recover it). Even after trimming out it still snaps right. and very unstable.. Right ail input and it snaps over. If the speed is kept high flies ok still crazy roll sensitive, several times I had full left aileron input and until speed increased it was impossible to turn left.. Once I brought the flaps to position 1 it flew OK. With SB deployed and flaps full it stabilizes somewhat (landing was actually not bad). Here is the thing I cant figure out. After the first flight I checked and rechecked the control throws and they are spot on low rates.. Expo is 40% (the correct way). All control surfaces are streamlined with the wing and control throws are perfectly matched, elevators are spot on the required location, flaps are fully retracted. I cannot see any wing or fuselage or tail warp or abnormality. I have checked the cg multiple times both with a Xicoy cg machine as well as a visual check on a cg stand and it checks ever so slightly nose heavy (basically balanced on the forward cg) at the prescribed location ( I believe its 118mm but whatever it says in the manual). I have numerous freewing jets (F22x3, F16X2,Avanti) and have had great success with all of them and am an experienced pilot but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. the only changes I have made is it has electric brakes and a spektrum AS3X receiver ( I have the stabilization turned off). Seems like it flies much better with the flaps down but I should not have to maintain that sort of speed to keep it upright (too Heavy?). Any thoughts?

Comment

• Welcome to HobbySquawk and bummer smittymgs... I have not experienced anything like that on my F-15. It flies good, just a little heavy but no bad tendencies like you describe. Was it a brand new programmed model on your radio?

Comment

• Rcjetdude

I assumed it was something I screwed up (cg,control throws, sub trim etc) however this one has me stumped. I know it is a good flying aircraft but I have checked and rechecked everything. The only thing I can think of is put it on a diet, take the heavier wheels with brakes off, change out the receiver for something else recheck everything again, weigh it and see where we are at. Maybe I will check the wing incidence. Is it possible one of the gear doors is causing drag? The odd thing was when I was full flaps, gear and SB it seemed fairly stable in the landing configuration. Now its a challenge to figure out the reason.

Comment

• ​ I paint mine like starscream . Problem with landing gear, plane roll over . Need to cover the small damage! Question, how efficient would be with this new inrunner motor ? Or how much time flying will gain ?

Comment

• New vid with afterburners.
                #FPV, #drone, #quadcopter, #northeastfpv, #aerials, #GoPro, #immersionrc, #lrs, #longrange, #UAV, #FPVracing, #wing, #fx-79, #LongRange, #Drohne, #fx79, #bixler, #aerialvideo, #warbirds, #boystoys, #multirotor, #serioustoys

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                  Awesome video. The air to air footage is such a cool perspective. Well done. And the afterburner looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post

Awesome video. The air to air footage is such a cool perspective. Well done. And the afterburner looks great!
                    The afterburner is a similar design to Gooniacs but half the price.

Comment

The afterburner is a similar design to Gooniacs but half the price.
                      WOW!! Great stuff! Are you sure you are talking about my set up though? Mine is pretty cheap....
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• It's the postage that knocks the price up for us in the UK.

Comment

It's the postage that knocks the price up for us in the UK.
                          If you want one just let me know... I may be able to work something out... I know postage is a pain...but we may be able to get it worked out...
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

If you want one just let me know... I may be able to work something out... I know postage is a pain...but we may be able to get it worked out...
                            Cheers Bud.

Comment

• My flights from this past weekend...

Comment

• Its F**King snowing in Chicago ! :Angry:
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• And..... Great Vids, Thanks Brother!

Comment

• Come home to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!! (we just have hail and tornadoes) :Silly:;):Cool:

Comment

• Check out this new Squadron commander bird from the 144FW at Fresno ANG! The sickest paint scheme for the eagle. Some one get Callie Graphics on this one. I'll buy it as soon as they got it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Come home to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!! (we just have hail and tornadoes) :Silly:;):Cool:
                                        Would much rather an occasional shaking ground over hail and tornadoes... LOL I have seen what that hail can do and don't ever wanna deal with that again! LOL

Comment

• All True .... we all have our local challenges.... Just felling sorry for myself I guess! I need stick time! :Silly:

Comment

Working...
                                          X