You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mipi View Post
    i got sometimes problems to take off from grass runway. my f-15 is power version with innrunner. if i test the power i just get 2.5kg, but edf should around 4 Kg?
    calibrate throttle and make sure batteries are properly broken in too.
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

    I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

      calibrate throttle and make sure batteries are properly broken in too.
      Gooniac, what do you mean by making sure the batteries are properly broken in?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

        calibrate throttle and make sure batteries are properly broken in too.
        Thanks Gooniac, but what you mean by making sure the batteries are properly broken in?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

          calibrate throttle and make sure batteries are properly broken in too.
          did calibration, but no effect

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Phantom View Post

            Gooniac, what do you mean by making sure the batteries are properly broken in?
            When you get a new battery you shouldn't just start flying it as hard as possible right away. You should put a few cycles on it at low amp draw to get it ready. I try my best to get at least 10 cycles on the batteries before I really go hard on them. In my experience they don't really start performing to their full potential until about 20 cycles.
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

            I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

              When you get a new battery you shouldn't just start flying it as hard as possible right away. You should put a few cycles on it at low amp draw to get it ready. I try my best to get at least 10 cycles on the batteries before I really go hard on them. In my experience they don't really start performing to their full potential until about 20 cycles.
              ok, got it. Thanks a lot mate.

              Comment


              • I think FW should consider this new F-15EX color scheme - it's gorgeous!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                  I think FW should consider this new F-15EX color scheme - it's gorgeous!
                  I 100% agree!!!
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                  I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

                  Comment


                  • I’m expecting the 6s upgraded power system to arrive soon, the 1835kv Inrunner with the ZTW 155a ESC, and I’ve read it’s basically a drop in replacement for the original 1550kv setup. Besides pulling the BEC out are there headsup item or issue, beside CG adjustment to be aware of?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by caddguy6 View Post
                      I’m expecting the 6s upgraded power system to arrive soon, the 1835kv Inrunner with the ZTW 155a ESC, and I’ve read it’s basically a drop in replacement for the original 1550kv setup. Besides pulling the BEC out are there headsup item or issue, beside CG adjustment to be aware of?
                      The CG will shift a lil rearward but nothing to worry about. Just put the battery in the same place as before and you should be fine. I maidened one for a fellow club member and it was an amazing flying machine with that set up!
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                      I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by caddguy6 View Post
                        I’m expecting the 6s upgraded power system to arrive soon, the 1835kv Inrunner with the ZTW 155a ESC, and I’ve read it’s basically a drop in replacement for the original 1550kv setup. Besides pulling the BEC out are there headsup item or issue, beside CG adjustment to be aware of?
                        I just kept the stock 130 ESC in mine, many flights with no issues and the 1835 does add more weight to the tail so be careful and check your CG again before flight.

                        Comment


                        • I grabbed this bird late last year and finally got around to putting it together and flying it this Fall.
                          I had to pull the two blue boxes off the walls of the fuse and put them under the battery tray, that allowed me to CG her with a 6S 5000 mah Turnigy battery. I split the difference on the high and low rates and dialed elevator, rudder, and ailerons there.
                          The maiden was uneventful, but she did feel "heavy" as she flew. Not sluggish or slow, just heavy.... She had a great presence in the air, similar to the F-22 Raptor, as she was flying her circuits. The only thing that I found was after take off and climb out I was bringing her back and flipped the gear switch and found the mains went up but the nose did not. I cycled three times and watched the mains go up and down but the nose gear did not budge. I brought her in and landed without incident, and a post flight check showed the gear were functioning without a problem. I think maybe, after she was up the wind drag on the door that is attached to the strut may have been creating enough drag the retract was not able to pull the front gear up while she was at speed.
                          My second flight was a little more interesting. I had a fellow club member stand at the end of the runway and as soon as she rotated and I could see she was off the runway I flipped the gear switch he shouted that all the gear had gone up. She flew without incident and I put on flaps and dropped the gear for final. I have to say that I love the front gear landing light as it really helps me, usually, judge distance and height. Well that being said, I thought I was on a real good glide path with the nose slightly up and then I realized she was sinking too fast on approach. I powered her up but was too late and she "landed" in the grass abut 50 feet short of the runway. She touched with the mains first in the grass and for whatever reason it acted like an arresting cable, and she didn't even bounce just slapped down onto her nose gear.
                          The damage was minimal, I did find all the retract servo housings cracked, the starboard main gear door was broken in half, and some mud/ grass stains on her belly. The plastic pockets the servos mounted into were not even damaged nor were any of the screws pulled or stripped. Parts are enroute and repairs will be affected soon. Not too bad, I really think my ego was hurt more than the Eagle.
                          The end of the flying season is here so after she gets her new legs on I'll re-maiden her in Spring 2020.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by loki255 View Post
                            I grabbed this bird late last year and finally got around to putting it together and flying it this Fall.
                            I had to pull the two blue boxes off the walls of the fuse and put them under the battery tray, that allowed me to CG her with a 6S 5000 mah Turnigy battery. I split the difference on the high and low rates and dialed elevator, rudder, and ailerons there.
                            The maiden was uneventful, but she did feel "heavy" as she flew. Not sluggish or slow, just heavy.... She had a great presence in the air, similar to the F-22 Raptor, as she was flying her circuits. The only thing that I found was after take off and climb out I was bringing her back and flipped the gear switch and found the mains went up but the nose did not. I cycled three times and watched the mains go up and down but the nose gear did not budge. I brought her in and landed without incident, and a post flight check showed the gear were functioning without a problem. I think maybe, after she was up the wind drag on the door that is attached to the strut may have been creating enough drag the retract was not able to pull the front gear up while she was at speed.
                            My second flight was a little more interesting. I had a fellow club member stand at the end of the runway and as soon as she rotated and I could see she was off the runway I flipped the gear switch he shouted that all the gear had gone up. She flew without incident and I put on flaps and dropped the gear for final. I have to say that I love the front gear landing light as it really helps me, usually, judge distance and height. Well that being said, I thought I was on a real good glide path with the nose slightly up and then I realized she was sinking too fast on approach. I powered her up but was too late and she "landed" in the grass abut 50 feet short of the runway. She touched with the mains first in the grass and for whatever reason it acted like an arresting cable, and she didn't even bounce just slapped down onto her nose gear.
                            The damage was minimal, I did find all the retract servo housings cracked, the starboard main gear door was broken in half, and some mud/ grass stains on her belly. The plastic pockets the servos mounted into were not even damaged nor were any of the screws pulled or stripped. Parts are enroute and repairs will be affected soon. Not too bad, I really think my ego was hurt more than the Eagle.
                            The end of the flying season is here so after she gets her new legs on I'll re-maiden her in Spring 2020.
                            Yeah this bird requires that you stay ahead of it on the throttle. You need to keep throttle on so that if it sinks a little too much you can blip the throttle to get it back up a little.... You will get used to it though! Its one of my fave birds to fly!
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                            I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                              Here’s my repaint in the Mod Eagle colors. I know, I know. It’s not much different than the original but I notice it. Tomorrow arrives an 8S setup from MRC for it. Can’t wait to see how it flys on the upgrade. I noticed a huge improvement when I applied the same upgrade to the 90mm F-16. Hoping to see this one perform more like an F-15.
                              Love the Kadena markings! I want to get Callie to make up some ZZ markings for me with the Shogun for the inside! miss Okinawa!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bchboy1206 View Post

                                Love the Kadena markings! I want to get Callie to make up some ZZ markings for me with the Shogun for the inside! miss Okinawa!!!
                                bchboy1206 I'm fond of the Kadena markings as well; 'last passed through in 1994. Am I reading that right, you signed up on Squawk 3.5 years ago but today was your first post? If so, welcome to [the posting part of] Hobby Squawk!

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Alpha View Post

                                  bchboy1206 I'm fond of the Kadena markings as well; 'last passed through in 1994. Am I reading that right, you signed up on Squawk 3.5 years ago but today was your first post? If so, welcome to [the posting part of] Hobby Squawk!
                                  Hahaha, yes, I lurk and use the search function a lot!

                                  Comment


                                  • I had my old bird out last weekend... she is a beast!!! Still turning heads after all this time!



                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                                    I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

                                    Comment


                                    • dodged a bullet yesterday. I do pretty thorough preflights... and caught a bad right aileron servo. Pretty happy with this plane over all though. I have flown it like crazy ever since summer of 2016 when I got it as a kit plus! These are all original servos that have too many flights to count at this point! I have over 400 videos of it flying but there were quite a few that I had before my hat cam was in effect. I still got some flights on sunday but none yesterday with the bad servo. time for a major overhaul....
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                                      I am an RC addict and innovator. Ask me anything via PM if you need help!

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X