Clear All

• Guys we are slow close

Click image for larger version

Name:	73495072_937516253290052_6388296431509176320_n.jpg
Views:	1209
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	218717
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• As much as I want an F-14 (I grew up near Pt. Mugu during the days of VX-4), I can't help but think there is a V2 coming in the next 12-18 months that will incorporate all these improvements.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post
          As much as I want an F-14 (I grew up near Pt. Mugu during the days of VX-4), I can't help but think there is a V2 coming in the next 12-18 months that will incorporate all these improvements.
          Never know what the future holds.
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• For sur an F14 V2 with twin 90mm 9 blades and a little bigger than v1 should be a a ry very nice choice....i love this bird...Top gun livery should be the must for 2020 when the movies top gun 2 start .....

Comment

• I don't think there will be a V-2 myself, I have seen this jet sell out to many times, so it must be a good seller as it is, I just put a new one together, it's all stock right out of the box, all I did was change the battery tray, lowered it down even with the front tray, that's all I did to mine, set up as per the manual and no issues, flies great as is in regular flight and swept wing mode, I can't see FW doing a V-2, maybe new power systems is all.

Comment

• Mulling over adding the F-14 to my fleet this winter, after selling a few other models, mostly to make room for it....:)

Strongly considering getting the ARF plus version and adding the set of A-10 80mm fans and the A-10 ESC set up, to replace the stock fans, for a little more thrust and a little less weight, as discussed a few posts back.

Any downside to going this route? The cost increase seems minimal for the benefit.

Or, would some other option like the new FMS Platinum 80mm fans mentioned a few posts back have any advantages?

Comment

• I should have said "High Performance" rather than V2. No need for a new airframe. And preferably no markings.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                    Mulling over adding the F-14 to my fleet this winter, after selling a few other models, mostly to make room for it....:)

Strongly considering getting the ARF plus version and adding the set of A-10 80mm fans and the A-10 ESC set up, to replace the stock fans, for a little more thrust and a little less weight, as discussed a few posts back.

Any downside to going this route? The cost increase seems minimal for the benefit.

Or, would some other option like the new FMS Platinum 80mm fans mentioned a few posts back have any advantages?
                    This is exactly what I am doing! Again.... I had 2 sold them both NIB....Kicking my self a bit.... but I need an F-14!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hi guys,

I made it to program the Tomcat with JETI. Wow that was a tough brain work but finally I made it. Got some help and now I have full flaps, spoiler up only and taileron when fully sweeped.

Now I can close the turtle deck properly and do some weathering.

I attached the F4 wheels but as they block with the struts a bit, I don't know if I like that for the start phase. I do think about and maybe go back to the original wheels. Furthermore the main struts are almost completely compressed. I wonder about that. I also did some mods on the battery tray and rear fuselage where the landing gear sits. Waiting for the rcinformer mod too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191123_135826 Kopie.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	220189

Did anyone have a problem with the sweep wing rod? The thread does not seem to be rock solid and as the rod in total was a bit to short I had to "unscrew" some of it which I don't like.

the mod would be an M3 threaded rod with carbon tube. It would look like that in the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191123_131715 Kopie.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	220191

Comment

• Wobisch, You've done it again, your Tomcat looks great. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm ready for the maiden, if only the weather would not be bad.

Maybe I can get down to the field tomorrow. I have another set of plates heading to Rich (RCInformer) for final approval. I'm not a modeler by any stretch of the imagination but if I can do this, anyone can do this.

Picture below when I was using filler and sanding.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1364.PNG Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	220250

Click image for larger version  Name:	59538956464__A04C13CA-5B69-4D27-8714-E61611A21AE4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	220249

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_46870.jpg Views:	26 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	220248
                          Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                            I'm not a modeler.]
                            TG65, I most vehemently disagree, Sir. Your work is exemplary...and a bunch of other 'big word' compliments, I can't think of just now. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wobisch Wolfpack! That brings back so many good memories!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's my VF-143 Pukin Dogs livery. In the tail pic you can see that the starboard rear anti collision light is now red. Somebody from the squadron busted me on it so I had to change it. Haven't worked up the skill to fly it quite yet. Started flying a YAK 130 to get my skills up. Also have a Freewing F-16 and an A-6 for practice. This is set up per the RC Geek with full span flaps and spoilers. Hoping the maiden goes well. Click image for larger version

Name:	33921064_2105080739521620_2466861698212954112_n.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	220684
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful! I wish you luck on the maiden when the time comes!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Lost Dogs :)

Comment

• PD57. Welcome and really nice job!! Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Jerry

Comment

• Yes welcome man! Very Nice Cat!!!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with my F14 turbine, where a K30 is mounted in the tail, but this guy has gone the whole way, TWO P20 turbines!!
                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                          X