Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha makes much sense. Leaving something like a gyro for manual activation (especially on a plane like this) may be trouble waiting to happen. All will work well until that first brain fart.

Comment

• Dear Xviper, dear Alpha,
      thank you very much for your comments and help. Indeed, I have to re-think my configuration. I will fly the stock setup and will later decide, whether I will use a gyro (Alphas 2nd setup)

Comment

• Experimenting in trying to detail the F-14 cockpit. I have found that the F-4 Phantom ejection seats at 145% are correct.
        I am printing them split front/rear appx 4mm behind the cushion in the enlarged scale to reduce the amount of supports needed. (may not be the ideal split, but it works well)

I'd recommend scaling them off a little to make them not as thick front to rear though. Its butchering my badly gatored cockpit (planning to get a new one) to get the rear one in.

Use another "rear" of the F-4 phantm's ejection seats for the front. the Tomcat front seat uses the same full figure pilot figure as the rear. The Phantom uses a bust only in front is why it uses a clipped ejection seat in front.
        Tons of room for a canopy servo with the larger scale 3D printed seat, but I am not doing that mod.

I will upload my edited STL to Thingiverse after verifying with another print.
        This is the SPLIT, done in Blender, not the scaling. I did the scaling in Cura slicer. So you could print the split version without scaling for the Phantom.
        I'll similarly split the front ejection seat because I also have the Phantom.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          Just put in my order for a pair of centerburners for the cat, can’t wait to try them out!
          where do you get these?

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

where do you get these?
            The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Comment

• Perfect morning to put a few flights on Vark 101

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 blowing pollen.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	196411Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 blowing pollen 2.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	196410

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 pass.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	196418Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 pass 2.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	196419Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 flare.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	196420Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14 touchdown.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	196421

Comment

• Hey everyone! New here and wondering if anyone has done a successful 8s setup in the f14? Sorry if this has already been answered but I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate the site. Any info would be awesome! Thanks!

Comment

• Hi RaptorMan, welcome home to Hobby Squawk! We designed our F-14 for 6s power systems. I think in the early days after its release there were a couple pilots who tried 8s, but I can't think of anyone who still actively flies 8s in this bird. It's really intended for the power/weight/cost balance of 6s. 8s can get expensive and heavy in a hurry, without massively meaningful benefit to how the aircraft already flies. As the lead project developer I always recommend trying the model as we intended it, in its stock PNP form. If you're not satisfied, then consider the costs of upgrades (inrunner 6s, lightweight 8s, etc). Largely, the vast majority of our customer family ends up coming back to the stock setup.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Alpha! It definitely appears that information on a solid 8s setup for this beautiful bird is few and far between. I really appreciate your input as I haven’t added the F-14 to my collection as of yet and am just trying to weigh out my options in the power system department. I’m the kind of guy that likes to burn a hole in the sky with speed and really want this thing to hall ass. I guess I’ll just try the stock power system first and go from there. I was extremely happy with the F-22 8s btw. Great job on that thing!

Comment

• I have the F-14 and I am replacing the stock power with the A-10 Setup, Supposed to be lighter and pack more of a punch... ;)
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I just posted this the other day.... Special thanks to Carl Lydick for filming this Flight Demo & sending me the file to play on the RCINFORMER YouTube Channel:) See carls YouTube Channel at wilmracer on YouTube.....

F-14 Tomcat available at: https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-14-tomcat-twin-80mm-edf-jet-pnpSpecial thanks to Carl Lydick for filming this Flight ...

Comment

• Hey Rich, good to see you on the Squawk. Will definitely check it out. Thanks! I sure enjoyed seeing you fly it at Nall. That was actually the first time I have ever seen the Tom Cat fly in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCINFORMER View Post
                                I just posted this the other day.... Special thanks to Carl Lydick for filming this Flight Demo & sending me the file to play on the RCINFORMER YouTube Channel:) See carls YouTube Channel at wilmracer on YouTube.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXo5IpU7_gk
                                Great work Rich!

Comment

• Yea!!! Welcome Rich.

Love your Vids X10. Great work.

You guys out front. You Steve, Jeremy, have really set the tone for the rest of us!

Thanks for all of your efforts and insights! Hope to see you at Jet Jam! :Cool:

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hi guys. I have the F14 and although I skimmed through every page of this thread I would love to know where to purchase the center burners? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aces View Post
                                      Hi guys. I have the F14 and although I skimmed through every page of this thread I would love to know where to purchase the center burners? Thanks for the help.
                                      The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Comment

• Thank you! Ordered!! 😜

Comment

• Originally posted by Aces View Post
                                          Thank you! Ordered!! 😜
                                          Now you need aluminum tape!
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X