Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good so far! How are you going to do the A nozzles? I'm going to be doing a VF-1 Wolfpack A model and would like to have some scale nozzles for it. I have a 3D printer, so if you are going that route please let me know where the files can be found.
    Pat

Comment

• I have a set of 1/18 scale TF-30 nozzles. I just need to scan them and scale for this model. I have printers just no scanner yet. So if someone has a means of scanning them Id be happy to send mail a part to them.

Comment

• Unfortunately I have no scanning capabilities. But if you do come up with a set of nozzles, I would appreciate a copy of the file so I can print a set as well.
        Pat

Comment

• Once I have something I will drop the file in here.

Comment

• Some slow motion video of my buddies F-14 after I installed my custom LED afterburner set up. We installed it at the field and it took about 15 mins to get it done!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I just finished working on F-22 #3 (ARF+ and moved over the 12S power system from the beat up one), and doing the same on A-10 #3 now. Once that's done I'll get to work on the F-14. I had an RC Geek twin burner setup that I have never installed in the first one, so it will definitely be going in this one.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Twister006 View Post
                Finally got around to my second F-14 build. I still have a few details like A model nozzles and gear doors for the mains. This is Grumman F-14A prototype #6 used for test and evaluation. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190812_091225.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	209956
                Awesome livery!! Thanks for that! Click image for larger version

Name:	A beck.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	210030 This shot is one of our club members who has past on, a true hero...more than likely he flew in that very airframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post

Awesome livery!! Thanks for that! Click image for larger version

Name:	A beck.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	210030 This shot is one of our club members who has past on, a true hero...more than likely he flew in that very airframe.
                  That has absolutely made my day. So glad I could pay homage.

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post
                    Awesome livery!! Thanks for that!This shot is one of our club members who has past on, a true hero...more than likely he flew in that very airframe.
                    PUN, She's a beaut, Sir. Great Tribute. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I want to remove the decals from my new F-14 and then apply a Wolfpack Design. Did someone say that removing decals works best with ice cubes?

Comment

• Since all but the red stripe around the rear fuse are waterslide, just paint over them. That's what I'm doing on my Wolfpack. If they used a setting solution after application, they may not come off no matter what you try.
                        Pat

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	BB86E141-3A67-4E73-9710-84AC4E3362AA.jpeg
Views:	1047
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	210234Click image for larger version

Name:	E22A50D0-A599-4424-9B5A-CF9D18A2C01A.jpeg
Views:	1028
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	210233 Painting over the decals is a lot easier. Did a couple of lite cotes to fully cover the old decals.

Comment

• That's looking good! I can't wait to get started on my Wolfpack version. Although I'm going to have Callie fix a couple of the decals first (for instance, the NK on the inner tails should be slanted).

Don't forget to paint over USS Constellation and replace it with USS Enterprise.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Very cool, you must get Vid!! :Cool:
                              How many ounces is your custom fuel tank? I'm planning to put 2 X-45's in mine..... its gonna be nuts

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post

How many ounces is your custom fuel tank? I'm planning to put 2 X-45's in mine..... its gonna be nuts
                                I'm not sure whether you are referring to my conversion, but I am using a 700ml diced fruit plastic tank. I cut the foam out back to the aluminium swing wing mount, and that is as far back as I can get it. With my batteries back as far as I can get them, it is still slightly nose heavy, but flies well. I have two X45's myself, and this jet would be way overpowered with these!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussie1 View Post

I'm not sure whether you are referring to my conversion, but I am using a 700ml diced fruit plastic tank. I cut the foam out back to the aluminium swing wing mount, and that is as far back as I can get it. With my batteries back as far as I can get them, it is still slightly nose heavy, but flies well. I have two X45's myself, and this jet would be way overpowered with these!
                                  Yes I was talking to you my man. So 700ml is about 23.6oz. If you are using to k-45 that burn way more fuel you would be lucky to get a minute and a half of flight time with taxi time to and from. My buddy Dan used one k-30 with a 24oz tank and he barely got 3 min flight time with taxi. He had about 3 ounces left + his 2oz UAT. Your right the jet is and will be way over powered, but that's what throttle management is all about. I would suggest you sell your K-45 while you can and get the two X45's, they are much lighter and smaller and burn less fuel which will help your overall situation, all together with the same amount of thrust performance. Do you have any more detailed pics?

Comment

Yes I was talking to you my man. So 700ml is about 23.6oz. If you are using to k-45 that burn way more fuel you would be lucky to get a minute and a half of flight time with taxi time to and from. My buddy Dan used one k-30 with a 24oz tank and he barely got 3 min flight time with taxi. He had about 3 ounces left + his 2oz UAT. Your right the jet is and will be way over powered, but that's what throttle management is all about. I would suggest you sell your K-45 while you can and get the two X45's, they are much lighter and smaller and burn less fuel which will help your overall situation, all together with the same amount of thrust performance. Do you have any more detailed pics?
                                    I have a K30 in mine, but also have two X45's, but these are in other jets. I set my timer on 6 mins and land with about two minutes left, enough for a go-around and circuit.Not sure why he is burning so much fuel, but the earlier video I posted showed one of these with a T25 in it and it is around the same output as the K30. I may yet try a X45 in this jet, as it would be the perfect combination! Carrying enough fuel for two X45's would be hard because you would need at least 1.5 litres. I don't really have any other pics other than what I have posted, but I am thinking of moving the engine off the bottom, as it is so close to the runway on takeoff and landing.I will watch with great interest how you do your conversion.

Comment

I have a K30 in mine, but also have two X45's, but these are in other jets. I set my timer on 6 mins and land with about two minutes left, enough for a go-around and circuit.Not sure why he is burning so much fuel, but the earlier video I posted showed one of these with a T25 in it and it is around the same output as the K30. I may yet try a X45 in this jet, as it would be the perfect combination! Carrying enough fuel for two X45's would be hard because you would need at least 1.5 litres. I don't really have any other pics other than what I have posted, but I am thinking of moving the engine off the bottom, as it is so close to the runway on takeoff and landing.I will watch with great interest how you do your conversion.
                                      Okay Sounds good. For some reason I thought you were running TWO K30's but I see now you just running one underneath the jet, all good. I have two other threads of my turbine conversion projects (F-22 and F-16) Here are the links below:
                                      I'm thinking very seriously about the Freewing 90mm Super Scale F-16, but a couple of guys at my field who've had it don't speak well of it. They say it was

Comment

Okay Sounds good. For some reason I thought you were running TWO K30's but I see now you just running one underneath the jet, all good. I have two other threads of my turbine conversion projects (F-22 and F-16) Here are the links below:
                                        I'm thinking very seriously about the Freewing 90mm Super Scale F-16, but a couple of guys at my field who've had it don't speak well of it. They say it was

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...thread/page130
                                        I just checked out your other posts and conversions, very nice work!! I have now sold all of large turbine jets and now my largest jet, physically is actually the F14, and I now have five micro turbines. I may sell my P20's and K30's and just use the X45. I think that Gasper and Mike Wren have created the ultimate engine for small jets, such as the 90mm Freewing range, but recently I converted my 70mm F35 to X45 power and my TAKE-OFF weight is less than 3kgs!!

Comment

I just checked out your other posts and conversions, very nice work!! I have now sold all of large turbine jets and now my largest jet, physically is actually the F14, and I now have five micro turbines. I may sell my P20's and K30's and just use the X45. I think that Gasper and Mike Wren have created the ultimate engine for small jets, such as the 90mm Freewing range, but recently I converted my 70mm F35 to X45 power and my TAKE-OFF weight is less than 3kgs!!
                                          Awesome dude, that F-35 must fly on rails!! How hast have you got it? did you ever go full throttle,? How did the plane do? Are the digital servos from FW strong enough at speed? My experience so far is that the servos are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X