Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Master, it flys very well and at around 2.9kgs TOW, it feels light in the air. Because it is so overpowered, you fly around at less than half power, so its only sipping fuel, plus you have almost unlimited vertical, so lot's of fun! I have never had any problem with the standard servos or the retracts, so you could say that I'm pretty happy with this conversion! Also, I'm hoping to get a video soon. It is very sensitive to roll, so I tend to use lot's of expo, but I may even try a gyro in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussie1 View Post
      Scale Master, it flys very well and at around 2.9kgs TOW, it feels light in the air. Because it is so overpowered, you fly around at less than half power, so its only sipping fuel, plus you have almost unlimited vertical, so lot's of fun! I have never had any problem with the standard servos or the retracts, so you could say that I'm pretty happy with this conversion! Also, I'm hoping to get a video soon. It is very sensitive to roll, so I tend to use lot's of expo, but I may even try a gyro in the future.
      Okay bro, good stuff! Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• Hey guys. I'm really interested in getting one of these. I do fly off grass but my F-22 does fine with it.

My bigger concern is finding the best setup for sweep wing configuration. I've read/watch RC Geeks videos over and over.

With the stock configuration I've read with swept wings the control output is not linear, maybe due to the dirty air the elevator is getting from the aileron.

I'll probably use RC Geek's setup but not the full span flaps, I'll j
        ust use factory flaps setup. For those that do use the full span flap what is your high rate elevator travel? I know with full span you need a lot of up elevator travel.
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I set mine up using RC Geeks direct SPM file. I wish I could say it was a success but the jet just never played nice with me. I don't blame his settings one bit mind you, it's just that I could never get this model to be the stable model I was hoping for. First model in years that made me doubt my skills, lol!! So I have much respect for those of you who are flying her with success.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Set mine up per RCGeek's recommendations(without full span flaps) and it flys great. Stick to the Geek's recommendations and you should be fine. Another very important thing to check is the ESC settings to make sure they are the same on both ESC's, especially the timing. Different timing settings on the ESCs will cause thrust differential, inducing yaw/roll axis instability. Aros if the instability that I mentioned is what you are experiencing, check your ESCs setting. Using a ESC programming is the easiest way. Good luck gents.

Comment

• I think that was definitely part of my problem MOFO1 (ESC calibration issues)...But it was the sensitivity to landing on pavement that really ticked me off and I sold her after half a dozen flights.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My F-14 flew better with an additional 10mm of elevator travel. The high rate in the manual specifies 34mm. I used 44mm of elevator travel and increased the exponential to 50%. I also had much better results landing with takeoff flaps.

Comment

• How do you check esc timing?
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    How do you check esc timing?
                    Same question...

Comment

How do you check esc timing?
                      You have to get one of those ESC program cards, MOFO will tell you which one works, I will ask him if he doesn't read these post, he bought my F-14 a couple of yrs ago and he found out that I was flying it with an out of sync motor, I could hear that the fans were not right in sync and it didn't want to track straight but I never thought to check it, I need to get one of those programmers myself, I think MRC has them, just not sure which one he has.

Comment

• Thanks I order this last night

Planes

Comment

• thisguy65, that looks like the right programming card. The way to check the settings on the ESCs is to plug the programming card into each ESC, this is done one at a time. Verify the settings and confirm that both ESCs are programmed the same. Just a suggestion, I like to set my cutoff voltage to the low setting. I do this do avoid early ESC power shut down(low voltage) in case I lose track of time or fly with my hair on fire. I would rather sacrifice a battery and not the airplane. I do this on all my EDF jets.

Comment

• Next project started..

I swear that I said "this time I fly before doing mods"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_063417 Kopie.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	213336
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great! lol, I have said the same thing many times!

As for the ESCs, I have no doubt that was part of my issue...If and when I get another one I will make sure the ESCs are perfectly timed and paired.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yep that is it. I also agree with MOFO1. Do each ESC one at a time, set timing to LOW and make cut off low. Kill the battery over the plane is always what I say as well...
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• What would you guys running for rates?
                                  Planes

Comment

• I'm working on making these upgraded lower wing platters to strengthen your landing gear for grass use... if interested, please let me know:)

Comment

What would you guys running for rates?
                                      I used the book low rates for everything except elevator. Those need another 10mm of throw on low rate.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                        I installed one wing today and recognized that while sweeping the bottom of the wing scratches the surface of the fuselage. Does your fuselage look the same, it seems Freewing has to rework the moulds or so. What do you think?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I don't know how often it happens but some people (including mine) has to remove foam here or the factory did a test fit and did the same thing.
                                          Planes

Comment

Working...
                                          X