Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there 3D printed Cockpit Parts available out there? What Pilot size do I need from Jet Hangar?

Comment

• look I finally found the ultimate 4 in 1 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_212500.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	214171 Rivet Tool in my kitchen...

Comment

• Kind of,,, depends on scale! Too funny,

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
          are there 3D printed Cockpit Parts available out there? What Pilot size do I need from Jet Hangar?
          Wo-B, My really bad. I thought I was answering your question in the Freewing Fa-18 Forum. What a j@ck@ss. Apologetically, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got my maiden done on my F-14 this morning, four flights total, first flight was for trim and the next three were with the wings swept, all good, mine is all stock and set up as per the manual, well close anyway, no mixes or anything fancy, just a dual rate set up in the swept wing configuration, using my good old faithful Futaba 7CH radio with a 617rx, ESC power and swept wing leads plugged into ch 7 on a Y, all works great, didn't bypass anything, rock solid right out of the box, I did modify the upper battery tray, just lowered it down even with the stock front one, dug out a little foam here and there and CG was perfect with two Gensace 5000 60C batts. If anyone needs pics of the battery tray, let me know and I will get some pics of that and how I mounted the 617 rx in the back next to the control board. I have flown one before and forgot how it floats on landing, had to slow it down more and use full flaps and it landed like a baby.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              Got my maiden done on my F-14 this morning, four flights total, first flight was for trim and the next three were with the wings swept, all good, mine is all stock and set up as per the manual, well close anyway, no mixes or anything fancy, just a dual rate set up in the swept wing configuration, using my good old faithful Futaba 7CH radio with a 617rx, ESC power and swept wing leads plugged into ch 7 on a Y, all works great, didn't bypass anything, rock solid right out of the box, I did modify the upper battery tray, just lowered it down even with the stock front one, dug out a little foam here and there and CG was perfect with two Gensace 5000 60C batts. If anyone needs pics of the battery tray, let me know and I will get some pics of that and how I mounted the 617 rx in the back next to the control board. I have flown one before and forgot how it floats on landing, had to slow it down more and use full flaps and it landed like a baby.
              I'd be interested in pics of the battery tray. Mine is still sitting in the box waiting. It's refreshing to hear that stock set up works GREAT!! I am looking into the upgrade for the main landing gear might do that while initially putting it together. Congrats on the successful maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post

I'd be interested in pics of the battery tray. Mine is still sitting in the box waiting. It's refreshing to hear that stock set up works GREAT!! I am looking into the upgrade for the main landing gear might do that while initially putting it together. Congrats on the successful maiden.
                Thanks, and I will get you some pics posted as soon as I can. I know others have made a new battery tray and all that but I like to do things simple and easy, so I used the stock tray and just dropped it down even with the front tray, I did try the batteries first in the stock configuration but just not enough room and a pain to make it work, with the new tray it makes life so much easier. Hope these are good enough to show what I did. The pic with the wooden piece is what I used for the battery tray to sit on, glued it all will 15 minute epoxy, also of my rx mounted in the rear.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wanted to get a opinion on how and the reason of why I'm going to program my radio for this plane. For the maiden I'll run the plane stock and get the throws nice. I will then be able to measure my throws for when I do my mixing. I'll have the ailerons eventually plug directly in to the RX for when I sweep the wings and disable the ailerons. Thus I'll have flight mode of taileron. I'm still playing around with the ideas of it.

1 Throttle
                  2 Elevator
                  3 Aileron - Y harness, w/ the aileron plugged directly in to the RX
                  4 Rudder
                  5 Gear
                  6 Flaps
                  7 Sweep

I do not want to run full span flaps, I'm still evolving my skills ( I know we all are) as I've only been flying about a year but I fly a lot

* Will have mix for flaps to come up in case they are down when I sweep swings back**

Reason why I'm thinking of programing the radio like this
                  1) Keep my triple rates.
                  2) Want to keep alierons functioning up and down for roll (disable when in sweep wing mode)

Issues I for see
                  1) I don't think you can use a 3 position flight mode and have the middle selection not be used. I know you can have flight mode 1, flight mode 1, flight mode 2 as options when using a 3 position switch. Switch H is my throttle cut.

Sorry that this is long winded. Yes, I'm probably thinking about this to much.
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    Wanted to get a opinion on how and the reason of why I'm going to program my radio for this plane. For the maiden I'll run the plane stock and get the throws nice. I will then be able to measure my throws for when I do my mixing. I'll have the ailerons eventually plug directly in to the RX for when I sweep the wings and disable the ailerons. Thus I'll have flight mode of taileron. I'm still playing around with the ideas of it.

1 Throttle
                    2 Elevator
                    3 Aileron - Y harness, w/ the aileron plugged directly in to the RX
                    4 Rudder
                    5 Gear
                    6 Flaps
                    7 Sweep

I do not want to run full span flaps, I'm still evolving my skills ( I know we all are) as I've only been flying about a year but I fly a lot

* Will have mix for flaps to come up in case they are down when I sweep swings back**

Reason why I'm thinking of programing the radio like this
                    1) Keep my triple rates.
                    2) Want to keep alierons functioning up and down for roll (disable when in sweep wing mode)

Issues I for see
                    1) I don't think you can use a 3 position flight mode and have the middle selection not be used. I know you can have flight mode 1, flight mode 1, flight mode 2 as options when using a 3 position switch. Switch H is my throttle cut.

Sorry that this is long winded. Yes, I'm probably thinking about this to much.
                    I would love to be able to answer some of your questions but I like simple, no expo, no mixes or flipping to many switches, my wing sweep and dual rate for wing sweep is on one switch, easy, flip one switch and done, only thing is I can't disable my ailerons in sweep mode, I am running everything through the control board, no big deal, I only use full flaps for landing anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I would love to be able to answer some of your questions but I like simple, no expo, no mixes or flipping to many switches, my wing sweep and dual rate for wing sweep is on one switch, easy, flip one switch and done, only thing is I can't disable my ailerons in sweep mode, I am running everything through the control board, no big deal, I only use full flaps for landing anyway.
                      Thanks, I use to run a lot of expo but I used about 20-25 on most jets now. Typically my rate switch for maidens are on 2 switches for alieron and elevator. I'll them to where I like the feel. Then I'll put those on one swtich.

Really only mixing for the flaps, is a flap to flap mix and which flight mode. I only want to fly taileron while sweep back.
                      Planes
                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thanks, I use to run a lot of expo but I used about 20-25 on most jets now. Typically my rate switch for maidens are on 2 switches for alieron and elevator. I'll them to where I like the feel. Then I'll put those on one swtich.

Really only mixing for the flaps, is a flap to flap mix and which flight mode. I only want to fly taileron while sweep back.
                        I just moved my linkages in on the aileron servo horns, that slows down the response and cuts the throws down and by the time you dial less throw on the tailerons in wings out mode, the ailerons are perfect and then when you dial in even less tailerons in wing sweep, the ailerons move just a tiny bit to help with roll, I know some say it doesn't fly good but mine flies just fine that way. So basically my ailerons are never disabled.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• This plane will be mine soon.... just gotta find room!!!!
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I have my flight modes on a three position switch-B (DX9). This switch works as the wing position switch. In flight mode one the wings are extended, ailerons function just enough to help the roll and tailerons function with a high throw setting, rolls real nice. In flight mode two the wings remain extended, ailerons are disabled in neutral position and the tailerons remain on high throw setting, will still roll but a bit sluggish. In flight mode three the wings are swept, ailerons remain disabled in neutral position and taileron throws are reduced.The reason for reducing the roll rate on the tailerons in flight mode three is due to the jet now being a delta and it will roll like a drill bit with high roll rate throw. Each flight mode also has its own trim settings so the jet transitions smoothly through each flight mode. So one switch does four functions, it controls wing position, activates trim modes for each flight mode, controls throw rates for each flight mode, controls mixes between ailerons and tailerons. Sounds complicated but it was easy to set up by following RCGeeks instructions and recommendations. I only use the stock(half) flaps and it takes off and lands just fine. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                              I have my flight modes on a three position switch-B (DX9). This switch works as the wing position switch. In flight mode one the wings are extended, ailerons function just enough to help the roll and tailerons function with a high throw setting, rolls real nice. In flight mode two the wings remain extended, ailerons are disabled in neutral position and the tailerons remain on high throw setting, will still roll but a bit sluggish. In flight mode three the wings are swept, ailerons remain disabled in neutral position and taileron throws are reduced.The reason for reducing the roll rate on the tailerons in flight mode three is due to the jet now being a delta and it will roll like a drill bit with high roll rate throw. Each flight mode also has its own trim settings so the jet transitions smoothly through each flight mode. So one switch does four functions, it controls wing position, activates trim modes for each flight mode, controls throw rates for each flight mode, controls mixes between ailerons and tailerons. Sounds complicated but it was easy to set up by following RCGeeks instructions and recommendations. I only use the stock(half) flaps and it takes off and lands just fine. Hope this helps.
                              Thanks MOFO, you have the alierons plugged directly in to the RX it sounds like and mixing in the radio for your tailerons? So is the plane set up as a normal 1 wing 1 flap 1 elevator and mixing gives you taileron?
                              Planes

Comment

• Update:

First run of the plates to make sure bolt holes lined up well and they do! Only 2 need to be moved over about 0.020-0.030.

more coming in the next few days!

Click image for larger version

Name:	kcShTBS.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	215619

Click image for larger version

Name:	RXZXK1W.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	215620
                                Planes

Comment

• What are they going to be used for? It's all aluminium?

Comment

• To reinforce the fuse at the mains. RCinformer (Rich) has a video on it, on youtube. We've team up together.
                                    Planes

Comment

• Are these going to be for sale?

Comment

• Hello, I'm interested in buying the ARF version of the F-14 and building a "High Performace" version of it, the local field is at 4700ft elevation (Idaho Falls, ID) so the extra power won't hurt, I have never customized an EDF jet before so it would be a great winter project for me and great learning opportunity. Any suggestions on what type/brand/combination of FAN, motor, ESC would you suggest for this airframe?? Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by BushPilot View Post
                                          Hello, I'm interested in buying the ARF version of the F-14 and building a "High Performace" version of it, the local field is at 4700ft elevation (Idaho Falls, ID) so the extra power won't hurt, I have never customized an EDF jet before so it would be a great winter project for me and great learning opportunity. Any suggestions on what type/brand/combination of FAN, motor, ESC would you suggest for this airframe?? Thanks for the help!
                                          mmmm…...A-10 setup.....interesting

Comment

Working...
                                          X