Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing was, this was not planned. We just both happen to go up at the same time. And Brent is a damn good pilot. I was throwing my F-5 all over the sky, and he stuck to my tail like superglue! Tons of fun.

And that first pic is my favorite. Looks right out of the movie!
    Pat

Comment

I would have loved to have been there to watch it. :)

Comment

Photos of my old trusty Tomcat taken by Photographer Ken Simmons. Thanks Ken!

Comment

Drool..... Those shots are incredible! My favorite is the second. Swept back and bearing down!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Awesome photos! Love that perfectly timed photo just before touchdown and that inverted pass!

Comment

Having a difficult time getting mine set up like RCgeeks recommended. I downloaded a file off the RCgroups thread for my DX9 ,but it doesnt seem to work right. anyone have a DX9 set up like that could share it?
              www.TSHobbies.com
              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

so I ditched the file that I got on RCgroups and went with the manual setup... cant get my elevator servos to work right. only 1 will move slightly in the up stick control, but thats all I get. I tried hooking the servos directly to the Rx and they work fine. I did submit a ticket to Motion, but before I was able to read their response , they shipped me 2 servos..which, its not going to fix the problem..pretty sure its the control board. I have no idea how to bypass this board and get elevons, along with the additional mixes etc for the full span flaps for my DX9
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Any idea when the 14 will be back in stock?

Comment

Just thought I'd post some pictures from yesterdays flight ith Alpha's repainted Tomcat - looks great!

Comment

Great pics, Sam! Good seeing you yesterday.

Comment

Serious talent behind those shots!

Vic

Comment

Wow! Excellent pictures and amazing paint job. Talk about cool and unique.

Comment

I would like to see a new livery for the F-14 by the time I am ready to get one. Here are two of my top choices.
                            Check out this site for a complete list of every F-14 Tomcat squadron there was and their different livery iterations. http://www.f-14association.com/squad...squadrons.html

VF-84 Jolly Rogers
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Jolly rogers.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	71531

VF-31 Tomcatters

Name:	VF-31 Tomcatters.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	71532

Comment

Here are some photos I took of my friend Roy's F-14 flying at JAXRC in Florida. These jets really look nice in photos.

Comment

Love the foggy takeoff pic!
                                Pat

Comment

Looking for a setup using the dx9. I'm sure it's probably already on here and I'm just not seeing it

Comment

New F-14
                                    Last week I was delighted to find an F-14 in Motions scratch and dent section. While I rarely ever look at scratch and dent planes I'm sure glad I did on this one. After reading Motions disclaimer about this plane I decided to take a chance.

I got got the plane in 1 day. Motions description of the plane was spot on. Apparently the plane was returned for a wing servo and circuit board failure. I think it's amazing that Motion took the plane back and too me this speaks volumes about their dedication to their customers. They stated that the wing sweep servo and circuit board were replaced and the plane had minor fuse damage where the nose had to be removed for shipping but that it was minor foam damage.

It was a simple fix putting the nose back on and the damage was minor just as Motion described. Since I dont have to worry about getting hangar rash I can simply concentrate on getting some flight time on the plane and then I'll paint it ( all ready ordered the graphics from Callie) VF-84 high vis markings.

I have a question about about the routing of the two swing wing servo leads. Are they suppose to come up from under the swing wing lower plate between the aft edge of the plate and the foam or up through the two large holes the servo leads pass through. I ask only because the swing wing assembly had to be removed to replace the one servo.

Assembly went well it actually took longer to organize and bundle the wiring to get a good hatch fit. I'm very excited about this jet and can't say enough good things about Motion. The design work and engineering that went into this plane is very good.

Back in the day I built a 1/10 scale F-14 that I've never flown. I bought a semi kit from Jet Hangar shortly after the movie Topgun came out. I set it up with Dynamax fans and OS 91's. I never flew it because I felt the plane was heavy and my swing wing design could be greatly improved. As it turns out the Freewing tomcat is pretty similar in design and that's making me rethink my old hangar queen. Funny thing this past winter I disassembled the old tomcat thinking a couple of Jetfans would be perfect. Gotta love those Tomcats.

Thanks again Motion, can't wait to get my pre-ordered A-10 at the end of the month.

John

Comment

Thought I'd add a picture of my 1/10 scale Tomcat. This freewing Tomcat is inspirational
                                      thanks
                                      john

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                        I would like to see a new livery for the F-14 by the time I am ready to get one. Here are two of my top choices.
                                        Check out this site for a complete list of every F-14 Tomcat squadron there was and their different livery iterations. http://www.f-14association.com/squad...squadrons.html

VF-84 Jolly Rogers

Name:	Jolly rogers.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	71531
                                        Evoman,
                                        I vote for the Jolly Rogers.......... 77 was the last year for the Navy F-4 Phantom on board the USS Nimitz being replaced by the Jollies F-14.
                                        I distinguished the F-4 by Navy because the Marines stayed on board with their F-4's(VMFA-333)
                                        I remember it all very well. ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Is there no one flying this bird? Considering getting one but not much to read about it. Any feedback would be great.
                                          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X