Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all are getting even me excited to get one, and I have two in this room right now.

Here are a few pictures to share that show more detail that we've been discussing here in words. Remember that in 24.5 hours James will be doing a Live Walkaround on YouTube with this model. Join us there! We're trying this idea out to give more people a closer look at upcoming products.

For those asking about the weight of the 90mm 6s PNP without the battery, my photo is dark because of the contrast with the LCD screen on my digital scale. The weight is 2623g. I'd call it 2650 or so. By comparison, the 90mm 6s F-18 is lighter than my 90mm 6s F-4 and 90mm 6s F-22. This may give you a better idea of how it handles, if you've flown either of those models and also watch our flight videos.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• The BL bypass is so boss, love it. And hey look! Yellow helmet! Now it's officially the best foam F-18 ever! LOL ;) :P
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Y'all are getting even me excited to get one, and I have two in this room right now.

Here are a few pictures to share that show more detail that we've been discussing here in words. Remember that in 24.5 hours James will be doing a Live Walkaround on YouTube with this model. Join us there! We're trying this idea out to give more people a closer look at upcoming products.

For those asking about the weight of the 90mm 6s PNP without the battery, my photo is dark because of the contrast with the LCD screen on my digital scale. The weight is 2623g. I'd call it 2650 or so. By comparison, the 90mm 6s F-18 is lighter than my 90mm 6s F-4 and 90mm 6s F-22. This may give you a better idea of how it handles, if you've flown either of those models and also watch our flight videos.
        These are the best photos I've seen regarding getting a better idea of the size of the inlets, but wanted to inquire about the dimensions of the inlets. I was hoping to get transducers in both of them, any chance the speakers would fit, or are they too small? Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

These are the best photos I've seen regarding getting a better idea of the size of the inlets, but wanted to inquire about the dimensions of the inlets. I was hoping to get transducers in both of them, any chance the speakers would fit, or are they too small? Thanks Alpha!
          Hi Purduephigam, there's no way you'll fit transducers in between the intake and fuselage, if that's what you meant by "size of the inlets". The Hornet has a very long nose, so I'd say you can fit one forward in that area, and *maybe* one behind the MFCB near the CG.

Comment

• Well, I am in for one or two for sure!!! Maybe only one, since I just bought the V2 EPS from my neighbor!!! Doh!!!:Silly: It is new, never flown, with a JPS fan and inrunner??? :Thinking:and a CC 150 ESC and A3-L gyro and a 12 channel Spektrum receiver.... So, not a bad deal for 500.00...….. And a 20 amp CC pro BEC too!!

Comment

Y'all are getting even me excited to get one, and I have two in this room right now.

Ha-ha! That bypass is absolutely amazing. It looked very cool seeing it in the video, and those up-close pictures really show it off. The weight is great for an EPO jet of its size and features. I'll be sticking with 6S on this for a while as I think I'll be plenty happy with its performance. I will use an aftermarket 6S EDF/Motor, but with the stock ESC/BEC. I'll enjoy using just one battery instead of two (also no series adapter to use, and I will get more flights considering I own more 6S batteries), not having to use a HV capable ESC, won't have to worry about fitting the batteries in the battery compartment, may provide a good balance of thrust and weight, and potentially reduces cost for me.

Comment

• really looking forward to this... if its light and clean then the same units I used in my F-15 will make this a rocket ship!!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Flight Review is live!

Comment

• thankyou, very cool!

Comment

• Enjoy the Flight Review and don't forget the live walkaround/Q&A with the F-18 tomorrow at 12pm EST on our Youtube Channel

Comment

• Originally posted by ILiketogofast View Post
                        thankyou, very cool!
                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Iliketogofast, too! :Cool:

Comment

• So how is it 3-6 min flight time when you guys are getting 3.30 in the videos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                            So how is it 3-6 min flight time when you guys are getting 3.30 in the videos?
                            I saw 4:30 in the video, which to me, is between 3-6 min. I can easily see that 6 minutes is achievable if the plane is flown at low throttle most of the flight. The standard flight time for my Avanti S is about 4 minutes, but managed to extract almost 10 minutes out of it once, just to see if it could do it flying it near stall speed the whole flight. I've got EDF jets that I've got 2:30 set on the timer. 4:30 is pretty good.

Comment

You defiantly hit the mark with this on Alpha!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys View Post
                                I lost my F-15 a couple weeks ago, I just posted on the F-15 forum. I was planning on getting a F-22 as a replacement, and then I got the e-mail on the F-18. No brainer for me, I'll wait this this jet is available via pre-order.

Anyway, it just so happens I have the air brake assembly out of my crashed F-15. So for you guys that want to add the air brake to your F-18, I'll gladly send mine to you. I probably have the talent to add the actuator, but not enough talent to make the brake itself. I would rather someone with a little more talent than me take a shot at it. Just send me a message with your address and I'll ship it to you. But please, ONLY if you are really planning on making this mod.
                                Hey guys, thanks for the PM's. The actuator is spoken for. Hopefully we will all get to see this mod some day....

I will be buying the BA version as soon as it comes out. If it flies half as good as it looks, I may end up buying a grey version later on. I took these pictures a couple years ago at Miramar Air Show with the idea of painting one up just like it someday. My son is Marine (grunt on the ground), and so is my new son-in-law. Both stationed at 29 Palms. Most of my jets and planes are done up in the Marines livery.

Comment

• Hey Motion,.. If you're gonna go through the Process of putting Decals on these, can you please make an effort to get them 'Correct' and 'Correctly Applied'. It's such a pain getting rid of those Factory Applied Decals and then trying to match the finish, when they are obviously incorrect. If there's time on this one, why not have someone with a keen eye look over some photos of the FSA and build your Decal Sets and Placement templates from them.

Comment

• Nicely done! Way to raise the bar yet again:Cool:

Comment

• I say leave all decals off

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                        I say leave all decals off
                                        Absolutely !!! Yes, and a Second Yes.
                                        We should have a Poll for this option as well.

I may find myself Purchasing a Base Gray Jet only to then Paint it 'Blue' and 'Yellow' and then add some Decals. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                          So how is it 3-6 min flight time when you guys are getting 3.30 in the videos?
                                          Our product team tests these planes 100's of times on all different batteries to come up with the book numbers. But here, we showed 2 flights, the first was an average flight with mixed throttle and he landed at 4:30 with 3.8 left. He could easily have been in the air for over 5 minutes with some slower flight. (disregard the second flight as he just landed when we accomplished what we were trying to accomplish, he didn't land because he had to) Over the past 4 weeks we flew this jet probably 25 times now, all we used were 5000mAh Admirals and every flight Patrick was between 4-5minute flight times depending on the purpose of the flight. This jet can easily handle larger mAh LiPos like our new Admiral 6000mAh which doesn't weight much more where you could easily push close to 5:30-6min. We will certainly go fly her again on the new 6000's when we get a chance to show everyone but these numbers come from Freewing and our product team who develop these jets over months of testing. She can fly a good while if you want her to.

Comment

Working...
                                          X