Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any hard facts on the type of LEDs used in this model?

My guess would be that the nav lights are 1W and the landing light is 3W, but would be good to know (building my own controller)
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Gonna be quite a few of those - completely understandable ❤️
      :-) Going to try to post the entire painting process.... I wanted something different ( that I could see) that I didn't have to weather. I cant wait!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

:-) Going to try to post the entire painting process.... I wanted something different ( that I could see) that I didn't have to weather. I cant wait!
        E4DG, Great choice and I am thinking the same thing, one that is a presentation or Fighter Weapons School livery, so it is clean. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18 Legacy Hornet 5.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	205494Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18 Legacy Hornet 4.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	205495Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18B Marines.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	205496
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

BA or gray?

Angels :-)

Comment

• Base grey for Europe didn't ship until the 8th of July so won't be seeing them in Europe until 1st or 2nd week of August. ☹ Gutted. Ordered on the 14th May and still waiting. At this rate the summer will be over before I get the model. So disappointed. Patience has never been my strong point but I have never had to wait this long for anything.

To those of you who already own it. Be honest guys. Is she worth the wait? I'm starting to think not with all the problems I've been hearing people have had. If I wait that long and then when it finally arrives I have all these issues and or crash due to one of those issues I will be seriously pissed off.

Bloody annoying though because I already have my callie decals, paint and 90mm centre burner.

Comment

Does anyone have any hard facts on the type of LEDs used in this model?

My guess would be that the nav lights are 1W and the landing light is 3W, but would be good to know (building my own controller)
              I believe you are correct.

Comment

• Does anyone have the freewing 90mm F16 as well as this F18? How do they compare? And as I already have the RC geeks centre burner would it look good to add it to the F16 in addition to its built in ring of LED after burners. Or would it look crap?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Beautiful looking bird. I hope all is good with it now.
                  Thank you,
                  I tested everything twice and completed all the taxi tests. The bird was powered for 30 minutes without any servo problems. It got a little windy and decided to fly it tomorrow morning before it gets hot. This has the Jetfan 90mm EDF with the HET 2250 kv motor and a Castle Creations 160A ESC. It puts out 7.1 lbs of thrust at 6,000'. The plane weighs 8.2 lbs with a Hobby Star 8,000mah, 100C, 6S battery. At full power it pulls 135A and develops 2850 watts of power. I expect it to fly well.
                  Thank you for your inputs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                    Does anyone have the freewing 90mm F16 as well as this F18? How do they compare? And as I already have the RC geeks centre burner would it look good to add it to the F16 in addition to its built in ring of LED after burners. Or would it look crap?
                    the ring and internal burners actually look pretty good together! I have done it on my F-104 and it looks pretty good!
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E4DG, Great choice and I am thinking the same thing, one that is a presentation or Fighter Weapons School livery, so it is clean. Best, LB

Name:	FA 18 Legacy Hornet 5.jpg
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	205494Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18 Legacy Hornet 4.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	205495Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18B Marines.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	205496
                      Well ****
                      now I gotta do two!

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I had the F-16. I thought it flew too slow, underpowered even when I put a 2400W 6S inrunner setup in it. Sold it and the current owner has it on 8S and it's much better but the battery bay is limited so you have to be picky about what batteries you use.

The F-18 is totally opposite. Flies light on 6S and great on 8. Big battery area that you can even go 12S on. The Hornet is a generation ahead of the F-16.

Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                        Does anyone have the freewing 90mm F16 as well as this F18? How do they compare? And as I already have the RC geeks centre burner would it look good to add it to the F16 in addition to its built in ring of LED after burners. Or would it look crap?

Comment

• I agree 100% with Evans assessment. I had the 90mm F-16 on a JP 8S fan using two 4S 5000 Admiral Pros. It flew OK but nothing like the F-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                            My opinion is totally opposite than most, I have both and they both have the new 1835kv units installed on 6S, both perform about the same for flight times, no way are they slow and I feel the F-16 wins for overall performance, scale wise, well the Blue Angel wins that one and it is also easier to land, maybe when I get more flights on the F-18, already at 29 flights but maybe I will change my mind with more flight time on the F-18.

Comment

• here is the latest mods we plan to test this Sunday on my new F-18C. My friend Shaq is the genius behind the tailerons, full span flaps with ailerons still working, and now toe-in on the rudders with the flaps down. Should be interesting to see how it flies. https://www.facebook.com/shaquille.j...7434648657889/

I don't know if pasting this link will work, we'll see. He shot the video at his shop the past day or so.

Comment

• I have all that in mine, have since I built it. Works well as long as you have the correct elevator mix.. good luck tomorrow.

Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                here is the latest mods we plan to test this Sunday on my new F-18C. My friend Shaq is the genius behind the tailerons, full span flaps with ailerons still working, and now toe-in on the rudders with the flaps down. Should be interesting to see how it flies. https://www.facebook.com/shaquille.j...7434648657889/

I don't know if pasting this link will work, we'll see. He shot the video at his shop the past day or so.

Comment

• Got 5 more flights on the F-18, flies great no issues, 34 flights total, two of my favorites this morning.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hy Guys .... Currently on page 84 of this thread! So I am getting there. F-18 Gray PMP arrives today! Woo hoo... Any hoo,,, is there a listing of .STL files for this bird? Specifically wheel covers and cockpit?
                                    Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

• F-18 Main Gear Wheel Version 2.zip

E4DG, have not heard anything back about STLs for an OEM cockpit. In an earlier thread, there was a posting for wheel covers (see attachment) that I modified slightly. Also, there was an instrument panel posting also in an earlier post, though no release of those STLs that I am aware. I apologize for not being able to credit the original designers of either of these 3DP prints. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        [ATTACH]n205567[/ATTACH]

E4DG, have not heard anything back about STLs for an OEM cockpit. In an earlier thread, there was a posting for wheel covers (see attachment) that I modified slightly. Also, there was an instrument panel posting also in an earlier post, though no release of those STLs that I am aware. I apologize for not being able to credit the original designers of either of these 3DP prints. Best, LB
                                        Hey LB,
                                        those are my designs. May I ask why you added that structure on the wheel cover? Did I miss something?

The mentioned posts can be found in the frame of #542-553, p. 28 here on my PC.

The European shipping has started for the BA versions, will receive mine on Tuesday. Then I'll scale the already exiting cockpit parts and add more parts for the office. Once I'm happy with those, the files will be released here.

Frank

Comment

• RG, Kudos on the design, no insult intended. I was researching the wheels and thought the oval openings were an optical based on a bump in the wheel radius. I could not find your original STL file so I simply zipped the one I had. Could be what I see is a nose gear wheel and not the mains. No offense intended, Sir. I typically tinker with all designs somewhat with resizing, additions, deletions. I am certainly not criticizing. Most of my stuff is based on the OEM model and not scaled from actual, as you, DirtyDee, Apmech1 and others do. I am not that good, believe me. Looking forward to your releases. Best, LB

Name:	F18 Main.JPG
Views:	1128
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	205571Click image for larger version

Name:	f18sgear-1.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	205572
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X