X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
    so are we in agreeance to push the cg back to 93-95mm?
    Why should it? Just set it to suit your preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
      are the orange maple leafs outlines paint? I always pull the tape off and am lucky if I don't pull paint and foam and everything else off the plane...
      Yes I airbrushed around the decal I left the transfer paper on the vinyl then airbrushed over it then peeled the transfer paper off that way not lifting off anything over what I painted

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Thanks Man! Good intel, Is this "fe-nom" only with Jeti gear or is it receiver agnostic?
        All cases I have heard of this far has been with Spektrum installations. But probably not related I would think
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Jeti ftw! Love MUI telemetry as well - especially on EDFs!

Word of warning on the Hobby Eagle though. I have over 100 flights on one myself, and it is a fine littly gyro at affordable price, but there has unfortunately been some issues you should be aware of. In short, ALWAYS check gyro directions during every single pre-flight check. Someone on this forum a couple months back had a unit that simply wouldn't store setup correctly at all (correct procedure was confirmed by video). And worse, a friend of mine lost a model when the aileron direction reverted to factory defaults on flight 4 of the day. 3 flights no problem at all, on the 4th, the aileron compensation was wrong. No tuning what so ever in the meantime, only swapped batteries.
          Well my buddy flew his this weekend... He uses the radio you are referring to... plane is totaled... He used the blue box and just as he was doing a pass the plane lost all control. The RX has telemetry and it was showing zero loss in signal. Not sure if it was a bad servo or a the box but the plane went in and is a total loss. He will be contacting motion about this but from what I saw in person and from the video it locked up and just went in... Crash sequence starts at about 2:35

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Hey Gooniac

Sorry but you are referring to Jeti correct ?
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
              Well my buddy flew his this weekend..Crash sequence starts at about...
              Hey G, Please let us all know what the prognosis is after debrief and also, what MRC has to report. Didn't look like anything structural failed; however... Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                Hey Gooniac

Sorry but you are referring to Jeti correct ?
                Yes sir it was a jeti.
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hey G, Please let us all know what the prognosis is after debrief and also, what MRC has to report. Didn't look like anything structural failed; however... Best, LB
                  I forwarded the video to the pilot and they will let me know what happens. I am sure that MotionRC will do whats right. Their customer service is top notch for that reason. Just worried about the quality of freewing at the moment... Not sure what the actual issue is yet but I suspect the Blue Box... but when final determination is made I will let everyone know.

Comment

Yes sir it was a jeti.
                    Thanks man !
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Today I powered up my Gray F-18 on the bench with all the functions connected for the first time. The blue box was in the circuit. It sat there while I checked things over and everything was working fine. Then I wondered to the other side of my bench to get something and the nose steering servo started acting erratic. I tried moving it with the Tx stick and it would move back and forth and lock full one way. At the same time the elevator servos were twitching. I removed the steering servo from the plane and hooked it up to a servo tester. It still acted erratic and heating up so I entered a ticket with Motion and now have a new servo on the way. I then connected my battery back to the plane and all the remaining surfaces are solid. No jittering.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Why should it? Just set it to suit your preference.
                        Stock cg is pretty nose heavy...stated often.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

I forwarded the video to the pilot and they will let me know what happens. I am sure that MotionRC will do whats right. Their customer service is top notch for that reason. Just worried about the quality of freewing at the moment... Not sure what the actual issue is yet but I suspect the Blue Box... but when final determination is made I will let everyone know.
                          It made a sudden nose down movement. He was coming across the sky and slowing it looked like. Did he deploy flaps or gear as he was doing so? Would have been about time to start thinking about doing such on a maiden.

Comment

Man I am sorry to see that! Yes this is always a good reminder if you purchased a product from us and an unforeseeable event occurs not due to your own hand (like we have seen in a handful of cases here) to make sure you contact our Customer Support Team. They will absolutely take care of you. Video is of course always a good piece of evidence as well, not just for verification but to help try to identify the cause. Good luck!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Well my buddy flew his this weekend... He uses the radio you are referring to... plane is totaled... He used the blue box and just as he was doing a pass the plane lost all control. The RX has telemetry and it was showing zero loss in signal. Not sure if it was a bad servo or a the box but the plane went in and is a total loss. He will be contacting motion about this but from what I saw in person and from the video it locked up and just went in... Crash sequence starts at about 2:35

Sad stuff indeed. But as telemetry already has confirmed, the radio had nothing to do with it.

Hard to tell if this was a BB, BEC, or servo issue, but quite obviously has to be one of them.

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

To me (and many others) there seems to becoming a bit of a trend that the BB fails under load, either it be immediate or accumulated. Many have reported various flight surface anomalies during retract operation. And several crashes has failed with total loss of control a few minutes into the flight.

Comment

• Testimonials about the Lightburner will look amazing on this F-18 check out the details of the unique setup in the link provided

Click image for larger version

Name:	67233952_10217545262974820_3880606069805809664_o.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	206043

I ordered 2 different versions for my planes. One was a single 70mm f16 eflite and the other was a dual setup for my fa18. What sets this apart from...

Comment

The Jeti people just like to bash Spektrum as they ignore that most crashes that look like signal loss on YouTube are people holding Jeti radios...

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

The Jeti people just like to bash Spektrum as they ignore that most crashes that look like signal loss on YouTube are people holding Jeti radios...
                                    never had an issue with spectrum equipment love their stuff.

Comment

• Been using Spektrum exclusively all of my entire RC hobby years...That's thousands and thousands of flights ranging from micros to giant scale composite and it's been nothing but rock solid for me.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

I have yet to see any "Jeti people" bashing Spektrum what so ever.

That being said, I have never seen a video of anyone flying jeti losing a model from signal loss neither. Obviously not saying it doesn't happen, just that I have never seen any examples of what you make sound like a common occurrence.

For my part, I've been through Spektrum, FrSky, Futaba and Jeti. The latter is by far the better system of the lot, but that doesn't mean the others aren't good too. Spektrum works well beyond visual range if done right.

Comment

• Here's my flight from this morning. Spektrum TX, Lemon RX, HobbyEagle gyro, stock wiring through blue box, 5000mah, 6s Admiral. Flew it twice today, both times were uneventful except that the flight I didn't get on video was the one that landed perfectly flat and didn't tip over on the bumps like the one in the vid.

Comment

Working...
                                          X