ID:	209692

Comment

• Originally posted by Twister006 View Post
      Just finished up my VFA-81 Hornet.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_183014.jpg
Views:	1201
Size:	181.1 KB
      One word...BADASS! Ok, maybe that should be two words, but very nice weathering job.

Where did you get the weapons and pylons if may ask?

Comment

• Weapons were 3d printed, thanks Dirty D, and pylons were robbed from my 90mm F-16. May 3d print better ones later. As for weathering I was shooting for "end of cruise".

Comment

Just finished up my VFA-81 Hornet.
          T6, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Great work. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Badass!!!!

Comment

Nice job on both the Maverick and the Paveway II! They look really good, and I'm way too familiar with how they should look.

Comment

• Really nice job! Cool!

Comment

• And I thought I was the only one with that livery...

Comment

• Comment

• Hoomi not a bad thing. The Mav is one of my favorite weapon systems. I shot my fair share during my mil days so I made it a point to get the launcher assembly included. Never utilized GBUs just MK82 but those were always fun.

Comment

Looks brilliant!
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

WOW! Holy crap that looks badass! Nicely done!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got the maiden plus 2 additional flights done on BA #2 today. Happy with the way it flies after replacing the stock elevator hybrid metal gear servos with FW 17g full metal servos (same as the F-22). No issues with pulling out of power dives for a high speed pass.

It was a Blue Angels kind of day, although I was not able to get the turbine in the air. Still need to work on the fuel lines, but I'm getting there.
                            Pat

Comment

• RCjetdude, where did you get those drop tanks from? And Bobaroo where can I get the Full Cockpits and Complete Ejection Seats from
                              ?? Twister006 did you print up your missiles and pylons yourself?

Comment

• Just wanted to install my RC Geek centerburner but turned out that one of the screws on the motor cone has been turned too hard - cannot remove it all :-(
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                  Just wanted to install my RC Geek centerburner but turned out that one of the screws on the motor cone has been turned too hard - cannot remove it all :-(
                                  If you have a slightly larger torx key bang that in the head of the Allen key. The torx key should grip it as it has more sides. Works everytime on rounded Allen key bolts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                    Just wanted to install my RC Geek centerburner but turned out that one of the screws on the motor cone has been turned too hard - cannot remove it all :-(
                                    The grub screw may also have some Loctite applied to it at the factory. Take a soldering iron and heat it up to loosen the Loctite, then as Carl said above, try using a slightly larger Torx key, or take the regular Allen key and hold it at an angle. Should come out then.
                                    Pat

Comment

• I think just the heat will be enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                                        RCjetdude, where did you get those drop tanks from? And Bobaroo where can I get the Full Cockpits and Complete Ejection Seats from
                                        ?? Twister006 did you print up your missiles and pylons yourself?
                                        I did. I have a couple printers in my office at home. Those on the model now were robbed from one of my 90mm F-16 aircraft. I'll likely return them to the Viper and print some new ones for the Hornet. They look great on the deck but as for flying with them I would likely need 85% power to keep in the air with lots of trim. Might dress up some foam ordnance for flying. The AIM-54 from the Tomcat are almost the same size as the Mavericks but are much lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          The grub screw may also have some Loctite applied to it at the factory. Take a soldering iron and heat it up to loosen the Loctite, then as Carl said above, try using a slightly larger Torx key, or take the regular Allen key and hold it at an angle. Should come out then.
                                          Thank you, that worked!

Comment

Working...
                                          X