Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Got my 3rd Hornet coming tomorrow (BA version) and I’d like to know if any of you BA pilots that have used minwax, have seen any gatoring from the added heat to the surface?
    I did after I was tooling around outside and getting the steering straight before I balanced it. It was probably in the sun way to long but, it was very hot and extremely sunny and in the heat of the day.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FAE48CDD-E3E3-44A8-BB52-2625135E5F43.jpeg
Views:	781
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	210194

Comment

• Flights 3 and 4 today. Much better than the first two. Added an A3L, it's turned down very low. The second flight today was a confidence builder, this thing really rips! I still managed to dork up what should have been a nice landing, trying to slow it down in the flare. Cosmetic damage only. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	210257

Comment

• Sweet looking Hornet !

Comment

• Thanks! It's plus a few skid marks right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
            Flights 3 and 4 today. Much better than the first two. Added an A3L, it's turned down very low. The second flight today was a confidence builder, this thing really rips! I still managed to dork up what should have been a nice landing, trying to slow it down in the flare. Cosmetic damage only. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	210257
            Excellent work Marine! My hornet is sidelined.... working on my CORSAIR! :-)
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by ken.swa@outlook.com View Post

I did after I was tooling around outside and getting the steering straight before I balanced it. It was probably in the sun way to long but, it was very hot and extremely sunny and in the heat of the day.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	FAE48CDD-E3E3-44A8-BB52-2625135E5F43.jpeg
Views:	781
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	210194
              Thanks for responding and that’s what I was afraid of. I’m glad my first 2 F-18’s were the grey version, don’t have to worry about it happening to them. So I’ll leave the BA alone and just enjoy her, a la natural.
              On a different note. I was setting my BA Hornet up with a Hobbyeagle A3 Pro and the strangest thing happened. The flight controls started moving on their own (gyro off). I tried another A3 Pro and the same thing happened. I put in a A3 and it all worked out fine. Anyone else have this happen to them using this gyro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post

Thanks for responding and that’s what I was afraid of. I’m glad my first 2 F-18’s were the grey version, don’t have to worry about it happening to them. So I’ll leave the BA alone and just enjoy her, a la natural.
                On a different note. I was setting my BA Hornet up with a Hobbyeagle A3 Pro and the strangest thing happened. The flight controls started moving on their own (gyro off). I tried another A3 Pro and the same thing happened. I put in a A3 and it all worked out fine. Anyone else have this happen to them using this gyro?
                I’m assuming you trimmed the plane before installing/activating the gyro? The gyro will only compensate for uncommanded changes at or above a certain rate (unless in a heading/attitude mode), not necessarily small drifts.

Comment

• So I finally figured out the difference between the two sets of BA shield decals on the decal sheet. One looks like a full decal with some black included, mainly around the carrier and the F-18 silhouettes are black. The other lets the blue of the paint show through so that it's blue around the carrier and the F-18 silhouettes are blue instead of black.
                  Pat

Comment

• I wonder what the precedent is for that graphic? Is the 1:1 black elements or blue? Curious why FW chose to add both.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey guys,

odd odd question but could you guys post a few pictures on how you store you F-18? Running out of room. Left my first one in RC plane stand and the foam on the underside were damaged. My f-22 sits on a box due to its flat bottom lol
                      Planes
                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Hope this is not a repeat and too spammy, but if you ever needed inspiration, this must be the definite F-18 solo of all time.

Same program shot in cuts from ground as well as a great run with onboard cams.

Hats off to our Finnish friends!

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          I wonder what the precedent is for that graphic? Is the 1:1 black elements or blue? Curious why FW chose to add both.
                          I think the black is scale. See attached pic. I guess you could put the clear one on first, then the black one over it. Maybe they did that as the yellow does not stand out as clearly as the bigger decals, and you need both to make it pop.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                            Hey guys,

odd odd question but could you guys post a few pictures on how you store you F-18? Running out of room. Left my first one in RC plane stand and the foam on the underside were damaged. My f-22 sits on a box due to its flat bottom lol
                            Home-made storage rack in the garage.
                            Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat, how long are those rods from the wall?
                              Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• They are 2' long and covered with pipe insulation foam for ding protection. I usually take the wings off all my planes as they don't fit too well with them on. The F-22 barely fits. But I usually transport them to the field with the wings off to get more of them in the car.
                                Pat

Comment

• Mine sets on one of these. That way I can have a plane under it, in this case my VooDoo is under it sitting on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Mine sets on one of these. That way I can have a plane under it, in this case my VooDoo is under it sitting on the floor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rio-Brand...stic/107312348
                                    Landing gear retracted I assume? Always told not to store plane on wheels or they will get flat spots.
                                    Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

I’m assuming you trimmed the plane before installing/activating the gyro? The gyro will only compensate for uncommanded changes at or above a certain rate (unless in a heading/attitude mode), not necessarily small drifts.
                                      Yes, the gyro is the last thing I do after setting the acft. I have 2 other Hornets with the HE A3 Pro and this never happened to them. Going to try a few things with one of my Beta jets (always a couple set up for testing) and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                        Thanks Pat, how long are those rods from the wall?
                                        Hey tg63,
                                        take a look at these stands I made from PVC tubing.

Comment

• I prefer to hang my planes when possible. I use bike/kayak lifts with a pvc rack to hold them. They also double as maintenance stands, it works for me since I don’t have to take the wings off for transport.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X