Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCS, WOW, that's quite the list. I have yet to plug a battery into mine. Still working on the 3DP Cockpit parts, but I will fire it up in a couple days and report any issues. Thank you for the heads up. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• What are you powering the receiver with? The stock BEC and ESC?

Comment

• Originally posted by rcSpanky View Post
        I plugged the gear wire into every working channel and got no response on any of them
        I then bypassed the blue box and went directly to receiver to all known working channels and no response
        I did wait a considerable amount of time to see if it was just a delay.
        All three gear are stuck down.
        Single cable, so I assume you are using a 3-way splitter? Have you tested them one-by-one? Have you tried flipping/reversing the single connector to the receiver? Could one retract connector be flipped/reversed. affecting all 3? The nosegear servo connector is readily accessible, so that's an easy test. You could also test the main landing gear ones by removing them while pulling the snaked cables out, disconnecting them, and testing at the retract connectors.

Comment

As far as the lights,
          The green is just dead, doesnt light up no matter where its plugged in
          the strobe light works, but not in the strobe channel on the blue box
          the red works but only in two places in the blue box
          the nose gear works but not in its channel
          The LED connector might have been dislodged. You can lift the tape on the underside of the leading edge root extension, there is channel molded in the foam for the LED wires and connector.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

The LED connector might have been dislodged. You can lift the tape on the underside of the leading edge root extension, there is channel molded in the foam for the LED wires and connector.
            UGH.. I'd hate to have to start with that.. just finished painting this thing..

Comment

Single cable, so I assume you are using a 3-way splitter? Have you tested them one-by-one? Have you tried flipping/reversing the single connector to the receiver? Could one retract connector be flipped/reversed. affecting all 3? The nosegear servo connector is readily accessible, so that's an easy test. You could also test the main landing gear ones by removing them while pulling the snaked cables out, disconnecting them, and testing at the retract connectors.
              I checked the nose gear directly to the reciever and thru the bluebox - dead..
              also - using stock bec

Comment

I checked the nose gear directly to the reciever and thru the bluebox - dead..
                also - using stock bec
                So with the nosegear disconnected, the main gears operate?

Comment

So with the nosegear disconnected, the main gears operate?
                  NOPE. They are all dead.

Comment

NOPE. They are all dead.
                    Have you tried any of them directly hooked up to a servo tester?

Comment

• And if you had the gear swinging in the air, it's possible that a wire broke off near the microswitch side.

Comment

• FROM MOTION RC MOMENTS AGO::: - Keep in mind I didnt ask for anything but tech support.. see previous post..

Product Warranty Does Not Cover Modified Products – Modifying the product in any way voids the warranty offered by our manufacturers. This includes painting, gluing, cutting, soldering, modifying electrical connectors on Motors / ESCs / Batteries, or modifying an aircraft airframe. If you attempt to return a product which has been modified, your warranty claim will be denied.
                        I always test everything before customizing a plane because of this. I would recommend getting a servo tester for the retracts and test them individually because 3 bad ones are very rare. I wish I could be of more help but with the plane painted and it does look beautiful Freewing will tie my hands.

Derek

ABSOLUTELY ZERO HELP FOR MRC.. NOT GOOD, If Im left to replace parts on this thing on my own, it will be my last purchase from MRC

Comment

• Yup, test everything before doing any mods or taking it up in the air.

Comment

• RC, where are you located? a second set of eyes physically looking at what you have may help.

Comment

• Im in Suffolk County Long Island.. Im getting a servo tester to test the gear, but the fact that MRC just turned their back on all the other issues is leaving a sour taste in my mouth

Comment

• I am really sorry to hear about your issues but our warranty has been in place from the start and it's quite clear. Always, always, always check your model thoroughly for any defects before starting any customizing of the model. If you do, we are perfectly capable and happy to assist any issues. Again, I am very sorry to hear about your issues but it underscores the importance of knowing about our warranty policies when purchasing from us. I do hope you get the model issues taken care of one way or the other as it is a great jet I am sure you will enjoy.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                  I am really sorry to hear about your issues but our warranty has been in place from the start and it's quite clear. Always, always, always check your model thoroughly for any defects before starting any customizing of the model. If you do, we are perfectly capable and happy to assist any issues. Again, I am very sorry to hear about your issues but it underscores the importance of knowing about our warranty policies when purchasing from us. I do hope you get the model issues taken care of one way or the other as it is a great jet I am sure you will enjoy.
                                  The model completely WORKED the day before.. honestly, this is bullsh!t. painting a model does not warrant no help on an electrical issue. Not good customer service - Warranty or not.

Comment

• Soooooooo, ... A Base Gray model marketed as 'Easily Customizable' and 'Ready for your Custom 'Paint' and 'CallieGraphics' which initially checks out fine on the bench... goes "Sorry, Out of Warranty" once you apply those Graphics !!!

The implication here is that, the only way you are going to be able to take advantage of this 'Warranty' if need be, is, you must Fly it around all 'Gray' ... ??? Completely unmodified until the new purchase 'Warranty' period expires... ????

I realize that this is the wrong place/forum to be inciting anarchy but I'm guessing anyone changing out Servos or Pushrods, Reinforcing your LandingGear Mounts...etc. ..etc.. and thus Modifying your Airframe, even on a Blue model is SOL if a seemingly completely Unrelated fault/failure on your Jet occurs !! Hmmmmm. . . Okay !!

And, furthermore, the Application of all of these nice 3DP Parts and Accessories we all love, cannot be applied until this 'Warranty' period expires if we have any hope in making a valid claim on a MRC item. Clearly, I'll never be submitting a Claim on anything I've gotten or plan to get. My modifications start as soon as the Box gets Opened !!

It is conscious 'Choice', some of us make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181218_093641.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	216597

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190722_110141.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	216596

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191012_121719.jpg Views:	9 Size:	241.8 KB ID:	216594

Comment

• Should be a difference between warranty and tech support too...

Comment

• Ok, so MRC is slowly coming around... sending me a replacement blue box. Its a start. Hopefully that fixes most of the lights issue. the fact that the green is dead, will just be par for the course... the gear working is of much greater concern.

Comment

• Hi, I'm talking with my customer service team here at Motion RC. Sorry guys. We've had a bit of a miscommunication on our part. Painting a plane has nothing to do with electronics issues and we're happy to get you all fixed up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X