X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Once I get my 70mm F-16 done I gotta come fly with you! It will be the same scheme!
    That would be awesome. Come on down to visit.

Comment

• Zip_F-18C_RadarCoolant_Vents_4_STL File.zip

Hey Y'all, Thought I'd post a new F-18C external part here. These are the later style Radar Coolant Vents located aft of the Nav Lights on the top of the LEX below the fence. See pics. If want the forward Vent a bit larger, scale one, actually 2, LOL, up around 5% or so in your slicer. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Radar Coolant Vents.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	219621Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0144.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	219622Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0143.JPG Views:	0 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	219623
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Maiden plus 3 more flights on the F18 yesterday. Could not have asked for a better maiden. 2 clicks of down trim was all she needed. Awesome flying plane for sure. Zero complaints about this one!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            Maiden plus 3 more flights on the F18 yesterday. Could not have asked for a better maiden. 2 clicks of down trim was all she needed. Awesome flying plane for sure. Zero complaints about this one!!!
            Congrats on the maiden!! It is a really good flying plane!!

I left mine at home this weekend because I wanted to fly other planes... I plan to get the graphics installed and then put a thick coat of clear on it...
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Congrats on the maiden!! It is a really good flying plane!!

I left mine at home this weekend because I wanted to fly other planes... I plan to get the graphics installed and then put a thick coat of clear on it...
              Yes it is! Still contemplating upgrading to the 1835kv inrunner setup. But, it is a good bit peppier than I expected from the 9 blade outrunner. Didn't get a chance to radar it this time but I will next time out.

Comment

• Contemplating getting this one. I have the FW F-16 8s set up. Flies really well. I also have the FW A-10 which most people are familiar with.

Comment

• Do it. Good plane. Mine has about 100 flights on it Jetfan 8S set up but otherwise stock.

Comment

• Good shots of the cockpit...

Comment

• Motion RC team, any plan to release a high performance version of this F-18 on 6S (i.e. a PNP 6S setup with an inrunner EDF unit) in near future? Thanks.

Comment

• Does anybody know if the 90mm F-16 power system will drop in and work. I figured this plane is much lighter than the f-16 and I have it sitting around so why not.

Comment

• It will...

Comment

• Hey Guys thought I would share,
                            Full Repaint FW F-18
                            Hitec Elevator servos
                            Re-glued the Elevator mounts
                            Bypassed the blue box ( lights and gear only )
                            Tripple Y'd the Gear removed the deployment delay
                            Added HE Gyro
                            Jeti MUI for Battery monitoring
                            Light Burner AFB
                            Call Graphics
                            Attached Files
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Great job!!! Like it!

Comment

• That bird is too cool! Had to look at the pics again Bro! Congrats

Comment

• Thanks man!! This one is next ... full repaint! the gear is just way too cool!! Got a full cockpit planned!
                                  Attached Files
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• That will be sweet too! ! !

Comment

• Awesome work - great attention to detail! Look forward to seeing the E-flite one as well!

Comment

• A couple flights before the weather set in after thanksgiving.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Just received my F-18 and while looking over the fuselage I notice the left, aft wing mount didn't look right. I determined by comparing to the right mount that the left mount appeared to be upside down or that the right mount was in the left position. My suspicion was confirmed when I tried to fit the wing. You can see the big difference in spacing between the right and the left mount positions. I called Motion and they will be sending me a return postage label next week when they are open so I can return the plane and then send me another once they get my defective one and confirm the problem. Trying to decide if I even want another one. Between the servo issue and the stab pivot mount shimming requirement (yes, this one seemed to be loose), I might just stick with the 70mm FMS version which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Really disappointing, as I was very excited to finally have an F18 to fly. Ive been watching gooniacs videos of his 70mm since he first got it and started posting video. I stayed away from the 80mm eflight F 18 because of problems people have been having, even though when I first saw it I thought it would be the perfect size. If anyone has both the 80mm and the 90mm I would really like to hear your thoughts on the two and which one you enjoy the most and would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                          X