Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! I am counting the days! Hopefully within the next 3 weeks. T-CAT why can't you fly at your field?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys. The flying field is Apollo. Due to the new FAA rules released and our field being in controlled airspace (Delta), it is not on their approved "fixed site" list for RC aircraft operation. The situation is currently being worked on in hope of gaining approval from the FAA to be added to their list of approved flying sites within controlled airspace. Although I'm optimistic, there is always a chance that the request will be denied. The field just had a jet rally over the weekend and two FAA reps. were at the field observing, answering questions, etc. They appeared very nice, but the decision isn't directly theirs. If the field does get approved, they can further limit flight operations such as lower altitude ceiling, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        Thanks guys. The flying field is Apollo. Due to the new FAA rules released and our field being in controlled airspace (Delta), it is not on their approved "fixed site" list for RC aircraft operation. The situation is currently being worked on in hope of gaining approval from the FAA to be added to their list of approved flying sites within controlled airspace. Although I'm optimistic, there is always a chance that the request will be denied. The field just had a jet rally over the weekend and two FAA reps. were at the field observing, answering questions, etc. They appeared very nice, but the decision isn't directly theirs. If the field does get approved, they can further limit flight operations such as lower altitude ceiling, etc.
        That's interesting. Where I am (Canada), MAAC is the counterpart to your AMA and Transport Canada is the counterpart to your FAA. TC's new regulations come into effect June 1 (in a couple of days) BUT because MAAC rules are so much more restrictive than TC rules, MAAC members flying at MAAC fields are exempt from TC rules. We have one MAAC field within regulated airspace - international airport (probably others as well) and it'll be business as usual. There are club (MAAC) rules governing max altitude, no fly zones, numbers of models in the air at any time, no flying if and when real air traffic is approaching (visually and audibly). It's only the small aircraft that can fly near or over the field. Commercial aircraft like airlines, are quite far away and high up by the time they take off or come in for landing, even though the field is within the 5 mile radius of regulated airspace.

Comment

• It's an interesting situation and hope it works out for the best. The flying site is closer than 2 miles to the local airport, which happens to be one of the busiest general aviation airports in the world. Here are a few documents I saw online regarding the matter, and what the eventual plan will be. The "fixed sites" list appears to be a temporary solution, and they explain the plan to come in the future. An excel list and other documents are linked within the websites below such as the current fixed site list of approved flying fields within controlled airspace.

Comment

• Oh man, that sucks it being Apollo. I love that field! Hopefully they can get a Letter of Agreement in place with the Van Nuys airport quickly. That's all that's really needed. I had to do this with another club before we got shut down for construction.
            Pat

Comment

• It's definitely an amazing field! It would be great to see it continue for years to come. Hopefully the agreement will be successful. It's unsure how long it will take to receive word, but hopefully it's sooner than later.

During the event, they had the altitude ceiling down to 250 from 400 feet. It would be likely that they'll keep that lower ceiling if the field receives approval, but we'll see what conditions are stated when/if it occurs.

Comment

• Woohoo, got my shipping notice today, anyone else get one?? No, didn't think so, I was just practicing for when I do get one.......LOLLOL.

Come on middle of june...........:):Drooling:

Comment

• Bait and Switch mister!! You're so fired. :Angry: :Scared: :P LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Yes! I am counting the days! Hopefully within the next 3 weeks.
                    Oooo, lets hope so!

Still waiting for Callie to do my scheme, but need to set it up and get it maidened before painting/detailing anyway

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• I have Callie doing the pilot rank/name for what will be my B/A #5. Are there any other B/A decals that do not come with the F/W decal sheet ?

Comment

• Other than any detailed nomenclature you might find on the 1:1 I think the decal sheet should have you covered.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• There's a rumor the F-18 and F-35 shipments were on the same boat... Hope hope hope.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            There's a rumor the F-18 and F-35 shipments were on the same boat... Hope hope hope.....
                            James just posted on FB that the F18s didn't make it on that shipment. :(

"As some have posted already the Freewing F-35 pre-orders have started shipping and ALSO the FlightLine Dora has started shipping as well in the US, they will arrive in the EU tomorrow and hopefully start shipping depending on the time the container arrives. F/A-18 are a few short weeks out, they would have been on this container, but got a tad delayed making the gray versions. Going to be a fun couple of weeks!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

James just posted on FB that the F18s didn't make it on that shipment. :(

"As some have posted already the Freewing F-35 pre-orders have started shipping and ALSO the FlightLine Dora has started shipping as well in the US, they will arrive in the EU tomorrow and hopefully start shipping depending on the time the container arrives. F/A-18 are a few short weeks out, they would have been on this container, but got a tad delayed making the gray versions. Going to be a fun couple of weeks!!!"
                              But still on the mid-June schedule!

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

But still on the mid-June schedule!
                                Haven't seen MRC miss a scheduled arrival date yet! :Cool:

Comment

• The good news is she will be worth the wait and the wait is nearly over! :Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Darn gray version..

Comment

• Hahaha! I'm glad I ordered the gray, but now I feel ever so slightly bad that it delayed the order a bit. LOL

Comment

• Some of you just had to have the Gray version, now you delayed the Blue Angel version as well.........:P

LOL:)

Comment

• Since I have one of each coming should I be upset at myself? I am torn...:Confused:

Comment

Working...
                                          X