X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Since I have one of each coming should I be upset at myself? I am torn...:Confused:
    LOL:) to funny.

Comment

• Hi Alpha.. Just a query to confirm that the Elevator neutral is 7mm Down .. The illustration on the manual is tiny & could easily be overlooked .. It should have been larger.. Correct Elevator neutral could save Pilots from Diaper purchases on MaidenLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Since I have one of each coming should I be upset at myself? I am torn...:Confused:
        I hope not Steve. I ordered one of each too. Need a third (base gray) because I found another paint scheme I LOVE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcus4 View Post

I hope not Steve. I ordered one of each too. Need a third (base gray) because I found another paint scheme I LOVE.
          There are a lot of liveries to choose from for sure. :Cool:With just 8 posts I will say welcome neighbor! You are not far from TIA where I spend a lot of time.

Comment

• I was debating whether or not to get this as I have been waiting for a 90mm legacy Bug for a long time (the Super just does not do it for me), but I recently started getting into turbines and sold off a lot of my FW jets. But the more I look at it, the more I want one. I get a nice bonus check tomorrow, so I may just have to pull the pre-order trigger, especially since they are only a few weeks away.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
              Hi Alpha.. Just a query to confirm that the Elevator neutral is 7mm Down .. The illustration on the manual is tiny & could easily be overlooked .. It should have been larger.. Correct Elevator neutral could save Pilots from Diaper purchases on MaidenLOL
              You should be very clear about what you mean by "down". The picture in the manual is quite vague and is hard to visualize. On my Freewing V1 F-18, it's UP elevator that is the neutral. That means the front edge of the elevator next to the fuse points DOWN from the plane's mid-line. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with this one. It's also the case with the full flying elevator on the SU-35 and other similar planes. It's UP elevator for neutral trim.

Comment

• So I pulled a pic off MRC and looked at the manual, and here's what I figure. I also posted the unedited pic so you can see the seam line.
                Attached Files
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  So I pulled a pic off MRC and looked at the manual, and here's what I figure. I also posted the unedited pic so you can see the seam line.
                  Yup, that's much more clear and makes perfect sense. So, it's UP elevator but DOWN from the seam line (with the front point of the elevator).

Comment

I was debating whether or not to get this as I have been waiting for a 90mm legacy Bug for a long time (the Super just does not do it for me), but I recently started getting into turbines and sold off a lot of my FW jets. But the more I look at it, the more I want one. I get a nice bonus check tomorrow, so I may just have to pull the pre-order trigger, especially since they are only a few weeks away.
                    I did the same, and in the process I kept very few Freewing jets (all my foam jets are Freewing :)). However, I had to order this F/A-18C when it was announced. I've wanted a well engineered Legacy Hornet for as long as I can remember, and then when FW released the old 90mm Super Hornet, I didn't buy it because it's a Super and it looked terrible. The wait kept growing for a decade LOL. The wait is finally over :Cool:.

Comment

• I pre-ordered the new Legacy grey version within minutes of the announcement, having said that, am I the ONLY person on this thread who prefers the Super Hornet over the Legacy? To me the Super is much more of an attractive airframe...:Confused:

Comment

So I pulled a pic off MRC and looked at the manual, and here's what I figure. I also posted the unedited pic so you can see the seam line.
                        Thanks Pat.. Those pics definitely takes the confusion right out..:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                          I pre-ordered the new Legacy grey version within minutes of the announcement, having said that, am I the ONLY person on this thread who prefers the Super Hornet over the Legacy? To me the Super is much more of an attractive airframe...:Confused:
                          It’s those Round Lips that does it for me:)LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            I pre-ordered the new Legacy grey version within minutes of the announcement, having said that, am I the ONLY person on this thread who prefers the Super Hornet over the Legacy? To me the Super is much more of an attractive airframe...:Confused:
                            I think you must be. LOL I would have NOTHING to do with this release if it was a super. Legacy = sleek and sexy, super = meh!

Comment

• The immediate noticeable features of the Super Hornet in comparison to the Legacy are the rectangular intakes instead of round, the much wider leading edge extension, and the larger size. I really like the Super Hornet, but enjoy the look of the Legacy more. Both look amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_225001.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	197416Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_224715.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	197417

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                The immediate noticeable features of the Super Hornet in comparison to the Legacy are the rectangular intakes instead of round, the much wider leading edge extension, and the larger size. I really like the Super Hornet, but enjoy the look of the Legacy more. Both look amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_225001.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	197416Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_224715.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	197417
                                Those two features, are the exact reasons I prefer the Super over the Legacy. I don't know maybe it's because I believe the F-15 Eagle is "God's plane" lol, and it also had rectangular intakes...

Comment

• How come the neutral position of the elevator needs to be a little up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                    How come the neutral position of the elevator needs to be a little up?
                                    Look up chapter ‘incidence and decalage’

Comment

• Surely if the model needs up elevator to fly straight and level then the wing incidence must be wrong..

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                        Surely if the model needs up elevator to fly straight and level then the wing incidence must be wrong..
                                        Define up elevator? Referencing the leading edge of the elevator from a seam for neutral does not necessarily mean up.

Comment

• Oh fair enough. If the seem line isn't the centre line or thrust line then cool. Just the way everyone was describing it as up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X