Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus I hope this centre burner is worth it. Bloody expensive for me. Just had to pay £23.64p customs & handling charge too ☹

Comment

• Thanks for this wonderful jet, already ordered the Blue Angels version. I do love the Freewing models and I am usually quite happy (although I had a wrong wiring on my F35 V2 but that was easily fixed).

Greetings from Cologne, Germany.

Comment

• Carl, yes, the centerburner is worth the expense if you can manage. It's taking the EDF jet sector by storm to be honest. Completely transforms the "after burner" effect from what was once a silly fake-looking ring of LEDs at the trailing edge of the exhaust to a realistic internal housing of simulated fire that quite frankly looks amazing in person.

Quax, welcome to Hobby Squawk!! You are only a mere 4,998 miles away from me! LOL :Cool:
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Quax, welcome to Hobby Squawk!! You are only a mere 4,998 miles away from me! LOL :Cool:
          Well, that is just an eleven to twelve hours flight ;-)

One question came to my mind a few minutes ago:
          Does anybody have a good measurement of the actual amp draw? Is it max 130A? I would prefer XT90 over EC plugs and was wondering if that will work.

Comment

• Some eye candy from Jet Power Norway this weekend 😎
            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Same system is in the F-22 and F-4 and pulled 110A and 2445W for me.

Originally posted by Quax View Post

Well, that is just an eleven to twelve hours flight ;-)

One question came to my mind a few minutes ago:
              Does anybody have a good measurement of the actual amp draw? Is it max 130A? I would prefer XT90 over EC plugs and was wondering if that will work.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                I have a balance port plug that I wired to the centerburner tap off pin 1 for ground and pun 3 for 2s off of the main battery. Less weight. It's not on all the time and the current draw is minimal. Unlike fpv gear, it only draws when the LEDs are on. Where as fpv gear draws as soon as you plu in until you unplug.
                What APM1 said. He gave this same tip to me for the Phantom and the logic is sound. Works great. Thanks again. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  Same system is in the F-22 and F-4 and pulled 110A and 2445W for me.
                  So no way to use the XT90 plug if that is the average value. :-( Thanks for the info.

Comment

• I disagree but I use T connectors and everyone knows that planes fall from the sky when you use them.

Originally posted by Quax View Post

So no way to use the XT90 plug if that is the average value. :-( Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post

I'll be using XT90 because all my 6s models and packs use XT90.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        I disagree but I use T connectors and everyone knows that planes fall from the sky when you use them.

LOL It must rain planes when you go flying. I did have a V1 Freewing SU-35 years ago. It had "Deans" and on the first flight, it lost all power and crashed. When I got to the plane, the Deans were melted and fused together. They may not have been "genuine" Deans. I also have another plane that uses Deans with 6s and never an issue.
                        I prefer EC5 for my 4s and 6s planes/batteries. HobbyKing batteries (6s) have been coming with XT90 for a while now. My planes that take them has EC5. I have an adapter so I can use them without have to cut the ends off and solder EC5 onto them. For my 6s applications, I don't detect any difference between EC5 and XT90. If XT90 are anything like XT60, they are a pain to solder, so I don't.

Comment

• The thing with T connectors is there are good, bad and very bad versions. Genuine Deans are good. The old ribbed XT T connectors that Hobby King sold were the best. There are clones that are not worth a darn of both and some clones are slightly smaller and don't fit the regular ones well. Plus you need to know what you are doing soldering them.

Using good ones, used properly and soldered properly they are hard to beat. I use them on everything from a 16 foot span 12S airplane, to 12S helo's and EDFs. The only other connector I use are the small XT30 on my smaller planes and quads.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                            Made a static air brake for the F-18 yesterday. I ended up printing a big raft on my 3d printer (then cancelling the rest of the print). I heated it up with a hair dryer and it molded in the spot perfectly. Painted it white then put the decal on and cut the excess. This is too much fun!
                            looking good James!!

How did the stickers work on the vertical stabs? did you use heat gun or hobby iron?

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                              Thanks for this wonderful jet, already ordered the Blue Angels version. I do love the Freewing models and I am usually quite happy (although I had a wrong wiring on my F35 V2 but that was easily fixed).

Greetings from Cologne, Germany.
                              Greetings back to you Bro!!! Welcome to the Squawk!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool: Blessings!!! Jerry

Comment

• Mid June is only a week away!;)

Comment

• Right now all my models have XT60 or XT90 connectors except my LX F/A-18, which has banana plugs as it's current draw is quite high as well, so that could be an alternative although I personally do not like those connectors. That is why I was asking (and because this will be my first 90mm EDF). I would like to use the XT90 but 110A continuously may be to much for them.

@Hardway
                                  Thank you for the warm welcome.

Comment

• It may be a translation thing but 110A is a peak reading. Your average is probably 40-50A.

Comment

• Got my Callie graphics still waiting for plane...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

I'll be using XT90 because all my 6s models and packs use XT90.
                                        I use XT90S connectors on all my jets. Haven't had any problems.

Comment

• Mid June is this coming week folks! Not much longer!! CAN'T. WAIT.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X