Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These next few days are going to go by so slow I bet, got the F-35 coming on Tuesday and the F-18 on Wednesday of next week.......:Yawn::Yawn:
    Please FedEx, can you speed it up a little.............LOL

Comment

• Mine will be here Saturday and ready to maiden soon after with Callie Graphics. Now the only issue is getting weather and time to maiden the FA/18, F4 and F16.

Comment

• Just crashed my F-35 V2 (elevator hinges broke). So I am even more eager to get the F/A-18... Or should I get the F-35 V3 in addition? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
          Just crashed my F-35 V2 (elevator hinges broke). So I am even more eager to get the F/A-18... Or should I get the F-35 V3 in addition? ;-)
          The V3 (2019) F-35 is superior to that old V2 in every way, especially in the reinforced elevator hinge department, so it's not a bad idea to get the new V3 is you love F-35s. But the F-18 is fun in its own way, too. Either way, you can't go wrong.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

The V3 (2019) F-35 is superior to that old V2 in every way, especially in the reinforced elevator hinge department, so it's not a bad idea to get the new V3 is you love F-35s. But the F-18 is fun in its own way, too. Either way, you can't go wrong.
            Yep, I will definitely have a look on it. I love the F-35 and the model was just 1.5 months old :-(

Is there a discount if I bought the F-18 and will buy the F-35 V3 after V2 crashed? ;-) ;-) ;-) Just kidding... Thanks for your reply, Alpha.

Comment

• Wow! Great job, Alpha! I tried to do the splinter scheme on my 90mm F-15 but quickly became tired of the tediousness of the process and painted it in the Mod Eagle scheme instead. Of course, I’m still kicking around the idea of doing the USMC digital camouflage scheme on the F/A-18.

Great photography too!

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Make space, guys, they're comin' in hot...

For my gray repaint, I chose VFC-12's aggressors in splinter camo. There's no Callie in China so I used decals from the 80mm F-5 and lots, lots, lots of Post-Its. It's a work in progress, four hours in, maybe halfway through? I need to finish the weathering, then possibly some 3D scale bits. Maybe we can fly it again after the month long thunderstorms cease. We've got something special planned for this bird once it's done.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC03588.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	199693Click image for larger version Name:	DSC03587 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	199694

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Should have the video up Thursday or Friday for sure. As for the ordnance, here is what I printed (with links)

Sidewinders (printed at 100%) from DirtyDee: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2747018

GBU-12's (Printed at 85%) from DirtyDee: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2991798

Litening Lazer Targeting Pod (printed at 70%) from DirtyDee (cost $5): https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...-targeting-pod

Fuel Tanks (actually Napalm Canisters) (printed at 125%) by APmech1: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2859866

Pylons for under the wings (x4) (printed at 100%) by bettsmums: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3229496

Center Pylon (printed at 70%) by bettsmums: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3117452

Then for the wing pylons I used 2 packs of Freewing F-16 rails that we sell here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...hment-hardware

But you could also print these and they work. (I printed these at 70%) for the center pylon from APmech1: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2858226
                Do you know if these will be available for purchase for those of us who don’t have a 3D printer 😀

Comment

• My Blue Angel just shipped from Hong Kong. Should have it next week. I wasn't going to get this one due to still having the OZ themed V1 that Motion got for me on a special order. Being a Canuck customer, RCC gives all prices in Canadian $$ (and several other currencies) and for some reason, the converted cost of one of these models was quite a lot below the current daily rate (after I convert the Motion price). They must have been using an older conversion. Plus, my discount code was about to expire, so I decided to just get it and keep it in the box for a while. Additionally, Trump's tariffs may also come into play with Motion pricing. Nevertheless, being able to pay in $CAN meant no credit card conversion fee of another .25 to .3 %. Also, they used mail for delivery, meaning no huge brokerage fees even if the post office flags it for brokerage and I've had big purchases like this bypass brokerage in the past. It's a fraction of what UPS and/or FedEx charges, which never gets "overlooked". On top of that, FedEx double billed me on my last brokerage, so they're on my "no fly" list. Further, all Motion RC customers in the Con USA get free shipping, while international customers pay FULL shipping. If they'd just offset the shipping charges by reducing by what it would normally cost them for their "free" shipping, I'd be less perturbed about it. I seem to alternate my plane purchases to Motion just out of loyalty anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Learj View Post

Do you know if these will be available for purchase for those of us who don’t have a 3D printer 😀
                    There are definitely website dedicated to do that. I dont know any off hand but I'm sure google will tell you. You would probably just download the files at the links I have here then upload them to that person.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                      There are definitely website dedicated to do that. I dont know any off hand but I'm sure google will tell you. You would probably just download the files at the links I have here then upload them to that person.
                      That would be a great resource to post if folks can find a reliable person/company that can print these files at a reasonable cost. Eventually I will be ordering a gray to go along with my BA and I don't have a 3D printer but would love the armament that some of our fine folks are providing.

5 days to go! Come on FedEx!

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! Excited to get it put together and get it in the air!!

Comment

• Awesome man, pics and video or it didn't happen! LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Alpha suggested I contact tech support at MRC however I didn't get that far. When I looked up my order so I could reference it for the chat, it already had a tracking number. Apparently it was shipped on the 13th. I wonder why I didn't receive a shipping notice email? Oh well excited to see it's on it's way. Thanks again Alpha for the suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ken.swa@outlook.com View Post
                              Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! Excited to get it put together and get it in the air!!
                              Don't be so excited and rush it, take your time and take a deep breath relax and enjoy your F-18,...LOLLOL. Mine won't be here until Wednesday so get us some sneak peeks of what it looks like...............:Cool:

Comment

• Mine will be ere tomorrow. I"ve already got the tape, paint sticker and camera ready.
                                Planes
                                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• DCC & TG65, Mine comes today and Tamms said I can't play with it until I clean my room. :( Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Any idea of when the decal sets will show up for the base gray version? They are not showing on the website spare parts yet.
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Got my ba this morning and wow, it looks nice. One question, is there an easy way to get to the mcb? I have sausage fingers and I can't get them up in there. Is it mounted to the battery tray? If i unscrew the battery bay floor, will the mcb come out with it? I would need 10" needle nose with an illuminated borescope cause I can't get my - - - - skinners (USMC joke) in there.
                                      LOL

Comment

• Come on guys, where are the maiden videos, or some building videos, it's Saturday, wake up............:Yawn::Yawn::)

Comment

• Received my F 18 this morning and have it together .Balanced cg with a 6000 mah Admiral. Really a nice looking plane and went together easily. The one point I am not familiar with is how to get the decals that came with it off the sheet and on to the plane.Don't want to ruin them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X