Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures Pictures Pictures! and videos. Need something to keep me excited for the next two weeks.

Comment

• Got mine this morning as well, but haven’t touched the box yet. The family and I had just pulled up to the house from the airport by UBER, and guess who pulled in right behind us??

so glad Motion switched to FEDEX :).

We’ve been gone for over a week, so playing catch up and getting the kids ready for next week, as well as for work.

Will send an unboxing report as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
        Received my F 18 this morning and have it together .Balanced cg with a 6000 mah Admiral. Really a nice looking plane and went together easily. The one point I am not familiar with is how to get the decals that came with it off the sheet and on to the plane.Don't want to ruin them.
        I hope somebody answers this one. I am on here searching/trying to find the same information for my F-22. Glad I'm not the only one. LOL

Comment

• If the markings for the 18 are anything like those for the F-4, I bent over the corner of the 'sticky' backed decals and pulled the whole edge up to get a grip and even used an Xacto/Scalpel to separate the sheets. Hope that helps. Good luck, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sneak peak
            Attached Files
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
              Got my ba this morning and wow, it looks nice. One question, is there an easy way to get to the mcb? I have sausage fingers and I can't get them up in there. Is it mounted to the battery tray? If i unscrew the battery bay floor, will the mcb come out with it? I would need 10" needle nose with an illuminated borescope cause I can't get my - - - - skinners (USMC joke) in there.
              LOL
              It appears if you take out the board the blue box comes with it
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Here’s a brief video of my unboxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                  Here’s a brief video of my unboxing.

https://youtu.be/q7cSyIneN2E
                  Great job on the video and Thank you for that.:Cool:

Hope to see the Blues in Lemoore, Ca. this year, heard they were coming, 20 minutes from my house so I can't wait for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

It appears if you take out the board the blue box comes with it
                    Thank you for that. I was only able to unbox and inspect before I headed to bed.

Comment

• Mine's 90% built, need to do the wing tips and glue on the elevator servo covers and final balance. I got the PnP power system pulled out, pulled all the ribbon wire stuff and replaced with individual extensions so each servo is on a separate channel. Only thing left on the MCBe is retracts and lights. Have it all together and programed for f
                      ull span flaps which requires separate channels for the ailerons. Full span ailerons means separate channels for flaps. Tailerons means separate channels for elevators. Rudder brakes mean separate channels for each rudder and a separate one for steering. 11 channels. I stopped when I found I pulled too hard routing an extension and need to replace it so I'll continue on tomorrow.

Comment

• Still need to paint vertical stab tips yellow. Not a fan of trying to put decals around those contours.

Comment

• Looks nice!

Comment

• Looks good!

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                              Received my F 18 this morning and have it together .Balanced cg with a 6000 mah Admiral. Really a nice looking plane and went together easily. The one point I am not familiar with is how to get the decals that came with it off the sheet and on to the plane.Don't want to ruin them.
                              I don't have mine yet, but they are probably water-slide decals. FW has pretty much gone away from the peel and stick type decals.
                              Pat

Comment

• For those who ordered the grey version, check your fans. So far on Facebook I've seen one that came with a 12bl fan instead of the 9bl, and one that wasn't hooked up to the ESC at all. Seems like some of the grey ones may have been rushed through the assembly process to make it in the container.
                                Pat

Comment

• And as always, for any purchase, don't just post on Facebook or Squawk, but please contact the official Customer Service team for warranty coverage/replacement/support as needed. 224-633-9090 8:00am-6:00pm CST for the US Warehouse, and for our European customer family see www.motionrc.eu.

adb2@suddenlink.net , the decals are waterslides, not peel-and-stick vinyl. Application procedure is the same as any normal waterslide decal. Cut out individual decal, immerse in water for ~15-20 seconds or until loose, remove from the water and position over the foam, then slide the decal off the backing paper and onto the foam. Position the decal how you want it while it's wet, then dry with paper towel.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Received my BA version today and it’s a gorgeous model. The only thing I had to do was press down a couple of decals and make a slight adjustment to a main retract door that wasn’t completely closing. I am running full span flaps and I got the arf since I had a spare 80mm edf. The 90mm inserts came out easily and they provide two plastic adapters for the plywood edf mount that fit perfectly as well as the two 80mm replacement inserts. I had to scratch my head for a few since there is no guidance in the manual. I was going to bypass the the ailerons with extensions, but ther is no room to run them around the printed boards on each wing half. Instead, I used a multi meter and bypassed the main control board by soldering a single signal wire to the 3rd white wire on each ribbon and plugging them into aux 2 and 3 on my spectrum receiver. I also bypassed both elevators and set up tailerons identical to the f-14. I’ll balance it tomorrow and wait for the rain to stop. I’ll take some pictures if I get time. Can’t wait to fly this!!!

Comment

• dlink72 , which 80mm power system are you using? Inrunner?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha,

could their possibly be a Typo regard the control rod lengths? And to what control rod goes where?

example, book calls out 80mm rod however the longest is 75mm. 55, 70, 75mm. Are my control rod lengths. (Measured with machinist ruler)

Then the book is saying 80mm for the elevator, there’s no way a 3”+ control is going to fit in there.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                          Here’s a brief video of my unboxing.

https://youtu.be/q7cSyIneN2E
                                          Nice video, thank you very much - can't wait to get mine :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X