X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Looks nice, are you guys with the BA version putting a coat of gloss Minwax over the blue or Satin?
    Like the wheel covers, looks more scale.
    For now I am just going to fly it. I do plan to clear coat it after NEFI.

Comment

• I plan on using gloss for this one! ;) Almost necessary for a B/A bird....

Comment

• But, fly it first is a great plan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          But, fly it first is a great plan!
          That has been my credo when it comes to RC planes. Nothing wrong with putting your own touch to any plane but I've seen things go wrong so many times, so many ways. I've flown with fellas who spend weeks and months getting a plane just right, looking just right before they fly them. The amount of detail, care and attention was immense. Then the thing crashes the first minute into the maiden, sometimes with little to nothing left to salvage. You can't help but shed a tear or two for those guys. I fly first, mod later.

Comment

• Does anyone feel like rudder pushrod seemed a bit short?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              That has been my credo when it comes to RC planes. Nothing wrong with putting your own touch to any plane but I've seen things go wrong so many times, so many ways. I've flown with fellas who spend weeks and months getting a plane just right, looking just right before they fly them. The amount of detail, care and attention was immense. Then the thing crashes the first minute into the maiden, sometimes with little to nothing left to salvage. You can't help but shed a tear or two for those guys. I fly first, mod later.
              Yep, agree with that, seen several guys spend months on a bird and crash it on maiden, I'm not a scale guy when it comes to painting and detail, I fly them, sometimes I will change out the wheels as I plan on doing on the F-18, thats about it and a coat of gloss Minwax on the BA version, I might get a Grey one too down the road and put on some Callie graphics, I like the low visibility livery myself, slap them on the Grey one and call it good.:) Hope to maiden my BA this weekend, only thing is, I ordered the ARF version and I'm not sure my extra ESC from the F-4 is going to work, I see the part numbers are different.:Confused:
              Will find out Wednesday I guess.;)

Comment

• Maybe I skipped over a post that mentions them, but what are the mystery parts "Ship Hook L" and "Ship Hook R" for? The blue pieces that come in the details/accessory bag.

Comment

• I think they are used to install an 80mm fan if desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    You can't do full span ailerons on this plane since they can not deflect upwards. I have them on the F-22 but had to turn them off on the Hornet.

He is correct about added up elevator with full span flaps. Regular flaps for me needed 6% of up elevator with flaps, 3% with half flaps.

I never said anything about full span ailerons. I don't intend to run ailerons at all, spoilers at the most.

Thanks for the values
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                      I’m setting mine up with full flying stab, full span flaps, and up only ailerons. For the ones that have flown it with tailerons, what throws are you guys using? I was thinking using same L/H rates as the elevators. Thoughts.
                      Thanks
                      In general, tailerons add a LOT of roll authority, so I would recommend trying with a few dual rates ranging from very little to quite a bit.
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Video of my build, correction and initials thoughts

Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I received a message requesting what the 90mm F-16's ordnance looks like on the 90mm F-18, so here it is on my repainted bird. The AIM-9s and AIM-120s slot right in, and as you can see in these various angles the overall proportions are good. The fuel tanks, however, are too large in my opinion. For a center tank, at least the smaller capacity that VFC-12 flies, the 80mm A-6's wing tank is a good overall shape and length. I haven't had time to paint and install it yet, though.

If you have any requests for photos of other ordnance combos, let me know. I'm going to use the 90mm F-4's double AIM-9 pylon to mount two AIM-9s for a 6x AIM-9 configuration I saw online.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03746.1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	201022
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03760.1.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	201024

Name:	DSC03773.JPG
Views:	1104
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	201025

Name:	DSC03765.JPG
Views:	1094
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	201027

Name:	DSC03768.JPG
Views:	1092
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	201030
                          Attached Files
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Excellent as usual Alpha! I haven't bit just yet.... too many projects ahead of this. Decided to Keep my F-14 and do a full repaint. But it is destine for my hanger!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post
                              Got mine almost done
                              DT2, Lookin' good and Welcome to "The Squawk". Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Short vid showing how I have mine set up. Have not flown it yet. Also added the Radar-Guy wheel covers.

Name:	IMG_20190616_155556.jpg
Views:	1638
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	200992
                                What radio are you using?

Comment

• I'll be putting a couple coats of gloss on mine. I put it on my Tigercat and really like the way it looks. But I'll be painting mine in pieces before I put it together, just easier to handle, I think. And yes, I could put it together, fly it, then take it apart and paint it, and then put it back together. I guess I just don't want to do it that way. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Learj View Post

What radio are you using?
                                    DX9 and an Admiral 10 channel Rx. Used 8 total channels (6 normal + 2 extra) and 6 mixes (3 for Flaps>Ail and 3 for Ail>Elev). I may end up applying Tailerons to all the flight modes at some point and not just landing flaps. Would be really easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys View Post
                                      I'll be putting a couple coats of gloss on mine. I put it on my Tigercat and really like the way it looks. But I'll be painting mine in pieces before I put it together, just easier to handle, I think. And yes, I could put it together, fly it, then take it apart and paint it, and then put it back together. I guess I just don't want to do it that way. :P
                                      Go for it! My gray one I will fully mod before flying it because sometimes I like to live on the edge.... :Silly:

Comment

• My blue box just flipped out on the rudder channel. When I bypass the blue box it's fine. I think I am going to bypass it for every thing but the light controller. I am using futaba r7008sb.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                          My blue box just flipped out on the rudder channel. When I bypass the blue box it's fine. I think I am going to bypass it for every thing but the light controller. I am using futaba r7008sb.
                                          I've had the same issues using an XPS RX on the L-39 and F-22. I will be putting a Graupner in the F-18 and will report on whether or not there are issues.

Mine arrives today, so currently printing up Radar-Guy's wheel covers. Will also paint the struts and interior wheel wells white.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X