Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got mine fully assembled, decaled and programmed last night. The good news is that the blue box seems to play nice with my Graupner RX! No jittery rudders or loss of function with gear up like on my L-39 and F-22. I will continue to test that out before the maiden on Saturday.

All that's left to do is pull the gear and paint the struts white, as well as the wheel wells, then add a gloss coat.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      I used one of the new Turnigy Plush 32 120A 8S ESC/BEC. It’s smaller than the stock PNP ESC so no...

Thanks for that info Evan. I just ordered one myself after finding out it would require some major butchering to get the CC Talon 120 I had put away for use in this one to fit into the channel.
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post

Why not instead of buying new esc just solder some extra wire to the esc you have or if you don’t want to solder just get a extension.
        Thanks, yeah I thought of that and extend the wires, just checking if someone might have one before I cut my other one or make an extension. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordster39 View Post
          I don’t use a BEC, I use a 2 cell 2100 mah Lipo battery to supply power to the receiver.
          Unregulated 2S lipo is way too much voltage for most of the noname China components. Even a lot of good brand HV servos won't be specced for that much.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Unregulated 2S lipo is way too much voltage for most of the noname China components. Even a lot of good brand HV servos won't be specced for that much.
            Agreed... nothing wrong with using the battery but use a regulator...
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Where can I find the file to print the 3d wheel covers and cockpit instrument panel for the F-18?

Comment

• Wow, talk about a No Fuss Build! Went together, got her CG'd, rates/throws all on my lunch break. The wait for a quality large F/A-18C Blue Angel is finally over. The wait was worth it! I can't wait to maiden this weekend!

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This is the livery shim I'm going to do on my F-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                    This is the livery I'm I'm going to do on my F-18.
                    Gorgeous DM, Pictures please. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                      Where can I find the file to print the 3d wheel covers and cockpit instrument panel for the F-18?
                      See post 553 of this thread.
                      Pat

Comment

• What page would post 553 be on? ....Never mine I found it.

Comment

• good luck Aros, she looks sweet ! Happy landings
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• WellNow,.. Mixed emotions here.

The FW F/A-18C came through and survived the new FedEx Shipping Process without a flaw !!! The Yard up there by the driveway however !!! Not so much. Never had a problem with UPS Driver (Preferred). This is the second time with FedEx. Bummer,... I've got a complaint started with them in their system.

This one will most likely be done up as a BlueAngel. First thing to be done was to remove that silly little 4th Grader in the Flight Helmet from the cockpit. Next will be getting rid of that Light up there on the Dorsal Spine ...I will spare all of you the details of the rest of the process of converting this Base Gray into a proper looking BlueJet. Here are a few more Reference Photos for your enjoyment. Cheers !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA-18_Blue-Angels_2006-06_LEEUW_054_800.jpg
Views:	1035
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	201321

Name:	FA-18_Blue-Angels_2006-06_LEEUW_022_800.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	201322

Name:	IMG_20190619_193432.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	201319

Name:	IMG_20190619_193433.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	201320

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                              good luck Aros, she looks sweet ! Happy landings
                              Thanks man! Hopefully I can maiden this Friday or Saturday...
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I may need to rethink the VMFA-232 paint scheme I'm putting on my Hornet. O Canada!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1247
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	201333Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	201332

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  Keep your repaint photos and early setup/maiden reports coming, guys and gals! Call the tech team for any hiccups along the way, as usual for any purchase. Callie mentioned her F-18 decals sales have been off the charts, so I know there are so many more customized Grays out there. Thanks for supporting her!

I'm taking my VFC-12 out later this week, hopefully with good weather. Just need to finish some finishing touches before our announcement..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190613_172221.jpg Views:	219 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	200871
                                  Hold the phone!!!! Whats this annoucement you speak of???? 🧐 do I detect Another guessing game 😁

Comment

• Anyone else have this?
                                    FREEWINY MODEL

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                      Wow, talk about a No Fuss Build! Went together, got her CG'd, rates/throws all on my lunch break. The wait for a quality large F/A-18C Blue Angel is finally over. The wait was worth it! I can't wait to maiden this weekend!
                                      Looking good!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post
                                        Anyone else have this? FREEWINY MODEL
                                        Yes I got a good chuckle at that today. Not sure if it was a misprint or purposeful for some odd reason. Either way it made me LOL
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• What size Battery did everything get just curious?

Comment

Working...
                                          X