Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a “filter” :Cool: or what Charlie said! LOL

Comment

• It's my first jey with the blue Box all controls seem to work perfectly fine with my jet I run a 8010 spectrum telemetry receiver I have a bunch of y connectors from a crashed super scorpion I'm not sure what to do 50/50 what would you all recommend?

Comment

• Ok guys, what is "BB" and could someone provide a photo, please? Maybe a stupid question (I did not know about a preferred side for the ball bearings as well :-( ) but I am curious as I plan to directly connect most of the servos directly to my receiver anyway.

Comment

• BB is shorthand for blue box, which is the MCB-E as described in the manual. It's the control box where all the wires hook up to.

Pat

Comment

• Ah, understood. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
              I did not know about a preferred side for the ball bearings as well :-( )
              Don't worry you are not alone. It was news to me and a lot of us today. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here are magnified pics of these mysterious "one side easier than the other" clevises (I call them "rings", as opposed to the balls that go into them).

First side ...........................
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3397.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	201792

Here, let me turn it over for ya ...................................

Name:	IMG_3398.JPG
Views:	842
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	201793

See the difference? No? I didn't think so. Me neither. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. A bit of fuss over nothing. Just don't put them in the freezer and then try to put them on from the "wrong" side. For the experts out there, which side is the "easy" side? The side with the 2 nipples or the other side?

Comment

• There is a difference, use a caliper and the side with the dots is smaller than the other. I install with dot side out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    I mention this on almost every airplane's thread, and it's good to spread the word wherever possible: As with any purchase from Motion RC, call the official tech support hotline at 224-633-9090 for USA (8am-6pm CST Monday-Friday) and they'll document the issue and look into it. I wouldn't jump to any public overreaching conclusions just yet. The reason why our CS team exists is to field calls and emails, which they do every day, for every product we sell, across every brand. If there was an increase in the reported issue rate of any product/brand across the global statistical sample we have visibility over, believe me I'd be the first to know and the first to act. Collating valid associations, eliminating false correlations, assessing trends, and resolving issues then preempting their recurrence is something we spend a lot of energy doing.

From a UMX to a gyro to a 90mm jet, we track every report very closely and unfortunately, it is the nature of this hobby, both how models are pre-fabricated by workers, then assembled/flown by users, that some birds will go down. We get those calls every day. In context of the F-18, from the three reports of disconnected ESCs, a couple of suspect servos, and other assorted reports of paint/QC etc, the F-18 is still trending under the "normal" call in rate considering the massive number of models in circulation. George had an especially quirky wing mount issue that he called in, but that is literally the first in thousands of planes, so.... I wouldn't point to that as a landmark shift in Freewing's quality level.

We've always been transparent and inviting for people to call the official hotline to document issues. Call the team, give the best report you can, and they'll go to bat for you for the best coverage they can. Freewing stands behind their products, as do we.

In the meantime, just because much of our current lineup of airplanes are PNP shouldn't override best practices for any RC model. Go over it, test it, call in if you're unsure or have any questions, servo test, RANGE TEST, battery test, then have fun with confidence knowing that if any issues arise, you can still call it in and at least talk to someone who will try to walk through it and leverage our reporting database and factory coverage options in your best interest. In a hobby where all our wallets are in the sky, I think that's as fair and comprehensive a coverage network that can be had.
                    I’ve bought a lot of models from Motion and have had nothing but great customer service. I’ve actually quit buying from other stores because of this. Thanks for the great service! You have my business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      There is a difference, use a caliper and the side with the dots is smaller than the other. I install with dot side out...
                      Hot damn you learn something new every day! :Cool:
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Curious the size difference. I’ve got some spare ball links at the shop, I’ll run some gauge pins in them to see how tight the fitment
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• It’s very little... use calipers

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            It’s very little... use calipers
                            Pin gauges are used to measure holes. Use them to check reamed holes. I have a small CNC machine shop.
                            I’m just curious of the difference and the interference fit.
                            Attached Files
                            Planes
                            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Anyone have any suggestions on the two different Blue Angels logo decals that came with the decal sheets? Which one did you use and why? Thanks.

Comment

• I’ve calibrated hundred of pin sets... use a caliper

Comment

• To what certification? Micrometer is what you seek.
                                  Planes

Comment

• Problems, nothing but with my new F-18C PNP. I’ve already spoke with MRC and as always, their professional customer service is working on it. I hate to say this, but I thought I was the only one having the issues I have and that’s not true. I’m sorry for all of us having these issues. Freewing should have taken a bit more time before they shipped this batch. I’ve NEVER returned an plane from MRC and I’m not sure I’m going with this jet, I just need to think about it some. I’ll share my problems with you all, after I’ve worked things out with MRC. But for now, I hope the rest of you have little or no problems. It’s a beautiful jet outside, not so much inside right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
                                      Anyone have any suggestions on the two different Blue Angels logo decals that came with the decal sheets? Which one did you use and why? Thanks.
                                      According to their diagram the shield with the dark 4 jets emblem and patch goes on the port side below the pilot section on the side of the fuse and the shield with the white 4 jets emblem and patch goes on the starboard side below the pilot section on the side of the fuse. I think they have duplicates as a convenience in case you flub up during the transference stage as these waterslides are very delicate when applying.

Port...

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	201838

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I've cycle the gear multiple times....10+. Check the CG for my A-10 maiden and went to the F-18. Nose gear, came down but won't retract. Put a servo test on it and nothing.
                                        Planes

Comment

• I don't know, both sides look the same to me. I just used the two logos with the jets and patch. Don't know why the two just yellow decals were included.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X