X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

Yeah I will practice it. Problem I have though and likely the reason I got into the bad habit of bank and yank I'd because the field I fly from is quite small so we have to make quite aggressive turns to avoid flying outside our boundaries. Hence applying a little gentle rudder and waiting for it to roll on a fast moving jet isn't really an option.
    That being said I do like to keep it realistic so not like I'm doing 90 degree bank angles. Lol. I always keep my bank angles within sensible limits and just fly it how it looks right.
    Space is definitely an issue. Coordinated, low bank turns obviously need more space.

And as you say, high bank turns (if speed is sufficient) is certainly scale for most jets if you want to fly hard. But even then it is good to use your rudder as a more passive control, keeping the attitude correct. On my A-10 I do a lot of that if making tight, high bank turns, but still use rudder (positive in this case) to keep the nose low and avoid it sagging its butt like it otherwise would with my fairly tail heavy setup)
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• This is stock vertical folks. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	altitude.JPG
Views:	738
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	203825
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        This is stock vertical folks. :)
        Wow that's quite a view Todd. And a bit of altitude as well :P

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
          Wow that's quite a view Todd. And a bit of altitude as well :P
          A bit altitude AND attitude! LOL:Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Slow your flaps servos. Mine isn't doing any momentary pitch.

I also added up ailerons to my flaps and rudder air brakes. Remember it will need different elevator compensation.

I used to slow all my flap servos down to 2.0 to 3.0 seconds. On my models with a flap to elevator mix I realized I was getting a balloon because the flaps were extending slowly but the elevator would go to its mixed position instantaneously. Is there any way to slow the elevator mix response to match the flap speed? I use a spectrum transmitter.

Comment

• If you use the flap menu it does both the flaps and elevator. I use a side slider and can't.

Originally posted by flyAA View Post

I used to slow all my flap servos down to 2.0 to 3.0 seconds. On my models with a flap to elevator mix I realized I was getting a balloon because the flaps were extending slowly but the elevator would go to its mixed position instantaneously. Is there any way to slow the elevator mix response to match the flap speed? I use a spectrum transmitter.

Comment

If you use the flap menu it does both the flaps and elevator. I use a side slider and can't.

Doesn't that slider channel have a speed setting in the servo menu?

Comment

If you use the flap menu it does both the flaps and elevator. I use a side slider and can't.

It’s weird be I don’t have a flap menu in my dx8 gen2. Not when I set up the standard normal wing, 1 aileron/ 1 flap. An experienced guy at my field tried to help me and he was baffled there was no flap menu. So I just have to do a normal mix and that’s why I have the issue.

Comment

On jeti I solve this using flight modes with separate trim stores and delay during mode transitions. Spektrum can do the same, but not sure if it can slow mode transitions

In any case, the flap system menu solves that nicely

Comment

• Anyone have a near match Blue for the Hornet?? TIA..

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post

It’s weird be I don’t have a flap menu in my dx8 gen2. Not when I set up the standard normal wing, 1 aileron/ 1 flap. An experienced guy at my field tried to help me and he was baffled there was no flap menu. So I just have to do a normal mix and that’s why I have the issue.
                        That sounds baffling indeed. I thought the dx8 had the same modern interface as Dx9 and up. The goto explanation would be wrong wing type, but you already covered that

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

That sounds baffling indeed. I thought the dx8 had the same modern interface as Dx9 and up. The goto explanation would be wrong wing type, but you already covered that
                          Are you sure? My Dx6 Gen2 has this possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                            Anyone have a near match Blue for the Hornet?? TIA..
                            I plan on taking a stab into the hardware store when I get my new one on Friday. I will post an image of the code (assuming I am pleased with the results).
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                              Anyone have a near match Blue for the Hornet?? TIA..
                              Tamiya XF-8 Acrylic is pretty darn close.

Comment

• Got my Hornet yesterday. All I can say is..... Amazing just amazing. Now that being said not everything was perfect, for one when I binded the aircraft to my spectrum receiver the gear were going crazy. Twitching up and down not locking, lights not coming on ect. I was about to blame it on the blue box but then I was like, wait I just bought a new receiver for my 70mm F-16, it’s and Admiral gyro receiver, and I put that in and now the gear work amazing. The next hiccup I had was 100 percent my fault. I pulled out the connector for the flaps so I couldn’t plug it into my receiver. Oh well no bigger because I went to the hobby store today and bought a new cord for 3 bucks. So I took it out on the drive way for a little photo shoot. Here are the shots.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Lookin' good! :Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I got a great match at Lowes put they don't put the codes on the bottle... I guess a new system.

Originally posted by Aros View Post

I plan on taking a stab into the hardware store when I get my new one on Friday. I will post an image of the code (assuming I am pleased with the results).

Comment

• Must be a reserve aircraft, no number or pilots name... Looks great! Fly it!

Originally posted by Hopetofly1 View Post
                                      Got my Hornet yesterday. All I can say is..... Amazing just amazing. Now that being said not everything was perfect, for one when I binded the aircraft to my spectrum receiver the gear were going crazy. Twitching up and down not locking, lights not coming on ect. I was about to blame it on the blue box but then I was like, wait I just bought a new receiver for my 70mm F-16, it’s and Admiral gyro receiver, and I put that in and now the gear work amazing. The next hiccup I had was 100 percent my fault. I pulled out the connector for the flaps so I couldn’t plug it into my receiver. Oh well no bigger because I went to the hobby store today and bought a new cord for 3 bucks. So I took it out on the drive way for a little photo shoot. Here are the shots.

Comment

I got a great match at Lowes put they don't put the codes on the bottle... I guess a new system.
                                        Is it satin? Looks like a touch above flat...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yes but I clear coat anyway

Comment

Working...
                                          X