• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xviper
    xviper
    Hobby Squawk Regular
    • Geo: Calgary, Canada

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    especially for someone so new to this forum.
    I'm tending to agree with Evan in that I doubt the guy is "new" here. It wouldn't take much for Aros to do an IP check and see if IT or his location is a match to anyone who has been banned or this obnoxious before. Personally, I just put such people on IGNORE. Eventually, their internet persona will be revealed, unless of course, they suffer from multiple personality disorder."QUOTE"

For your information Xviper I am not some "re-tread". (If that term offends anyone please speak up now or for ever hold your Peace)
    I have been on the Groups as "MJET21" since 2015, but only been here on the squawk for less than a month.
    Already since the introduction of the FA-18, I had my heart broken by seeing several fellow member's jets plow in!!!
    (While I was writing this response to you, 2 more FW FA-18's were LOST in Texas)

I don't know about you but to me that is a gut wrenching experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone!!!

So, in any case, if I do get kicked out of here, I will take your advice and come back under THE NEW NAME "MJET22" and my SLOGAN will be "FORMER MJET21"

Comment

• I just removed the elevator servos from my gray F-18 that I am working on and found the insulation on the leads cut through on both servos. I will be opening a ticket with MRC customer service accordingly and checking my blue one as well. They are a snug fit in the plastic mount and I think the sharp edge of it is cutting through the insulation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190707_195446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	204884

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190707_195743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	204885

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        I just removed the elevator servos from my gray F-18 that I am working on and found the insulation on the leads cut through on both servos. I will be opening a ticket with MRC customer service accordingly and checking my blue one as well. They are a snug fit in the plastic mount and I think the sharp edge of it is cutting through the insulation.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190707_195446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	204884

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190707_195743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	204885
        Oh boy, close call there I would say, glad you caught that now or your grey one might have been a lawn dart.:Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by mavincooper View Post
          Alright just wanted to share. I have finished mine and ready for maiden. I put all the goodies in that I used on my Turbine F18 set it up just like the real one. Thank you Callie Graphics
          That looks fantastic! Excellent work.

Comment

• I posted my Rudder Servo lead Staples situation somewhere. This type of Arcing/Shorting was a possibility for failure of those servos also. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190626_094003_1.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	204892

Comment

• Mjet, I don’t want you banned. I feel everyone has a right to post what they want. I also feel your posts now four, were aimed at me. As far as fan boy, I write what I experience so others know what I experienced. I’m often one of the first to fly these and I try different things like programming and adding TVs. I also try various power systems. Many of us do. I typically do not express opinions, especially negative ones, unless I personally experience it or was there and witnessed it. If something is bad I say so.

Recently I was so critical of something I had an hour long phone call with one of the owners of Motion RC about it. You see fanboy. I see realist.

I wish you well when you get, modify and fly your Hornet. Make it yours and report back with what you do and what works or doesn’t. With that said you will probably not see me respond to your future posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh boy, close call there I would say, glad you caught that now or your grey one might have been a lawn dart.:Whew:
                I put it out here as a caution to check your birds.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up Steve. I flew mine again today... I guess I need to pull it apart and check it before I fly it again.

I just removed the elevator servos from my gray F-18 that I am working on and found the insulation on the leads cut through on both servos. I will be opening a ticket with MRC customer service accordingly and checking my blue one as well. They are a snug fit in the plastic mount and I think the sharp edge of it is cutting through the insulation.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190707_195446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	204884

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190707_195743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	204885

Comment

Damn. .
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Thanks for posting RCjetdude!!…..will definitely check those servo leads. May have to start building redundancy systems into these planes.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                        For those running the roaring top 6250, what C rating are you running?

These are 50-70 grams heavier than Admirail, would you see a big CG (set mine by the book) change. I know this applies bases on what plane the battery is going in but as a general statement, cg shouldn't change that much. Correct?
                        The RT 6250 only comes in 35C. I have measured these packs on an IR meter and they come out at a true 20C, so they're good for 125A sustained power without harming the packs. I got 4 flights on my BA before losing it yesterday on its fifth flight. All were done with the RT 6250. At first I had the edge of the battery right at the front edge of the plywood tray to get the stock 88mm CG, but felt it was nose heavy. So on the last 2 flights yesterday I moved it back to where it just fit under the strap.
                        Pat

Comment

• I just checked the leads on the elevator servos in my BA bird and they are both fine.

Comment

• Ha! So I’m safe since I have a BA! :Cool:

I just checked the leads on the elevator servos in my BA bird and they are both fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Ha! So I’m safe since I have a BA! :Cool:

Since it is appearing t be the insulation getting cut by the plastic insert in the foam, I'd pull and inspect.
                              This could explain some odd crashes others reported with other aircraft also. If its cutting insulation it could also be cutting wire in the insulation.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I'll have to check my servos, i installed new ones and saw how close it was to the wire. Took a xacto knife and shave the edge a little.
                                Planes
                                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  The RT 6250 only comes in 35C. I have measured these packs on an IR meter and they come out at a true 20C, so they're good for 125A sustained power without harming the packs. I got 4 flights on my BA before losing it yesterday on its fifth flight. All were done with the RT 6250. At first I had the edge of the battery right at the front edge of the plywood tray to get the stock 88mm CG, but felt it was nose heavy. So on the last 2 flights yesterday I moved it back to where it just fit under the strap.
                                  Thank you, I'm in need of some more batterys and love Roaring Top on my eflite F-16
                                  Planes
                                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

In this regard I must agree and we both know how different flying inside the airplane is, compared to outside the airplane, and for that very reason - it is a visual reaction to an observation. And for that same reason it has made me a better RC pilot, but I had to change my thinking and my reactions, because of lack of instruments.

I’ll just close by sharing that I used that very statement during my CFI checkride, and the examiner (Director of the FSDO) got a smile on his face. He then proceeded to allow me to back myself into a corner as he interjected the theories of the 4 forces of flight, unusual attitudes, and human behavior. It was about an hour later when I felt like a I had just completely relearned everything I thought I knew and it was through his questions and an accurate understanding of what actually happens - that it all made sense.
                                    He then joked, said “next time you hear that proper aircraft control is to pitch for airspeed and power for altitude, you will have the ability to prove it is not always true. but human reaction lends itself to the idea that it is easier for most people to understand in simple terms. He then told our Chief Pilot after the checkride was over “...if you don’t hire him - I will”

I do not know which I enjoy more - teaching as a full-size aircraft instructor or flying as an RC pilot, add to that experience as a model maker for wind tunnel experiments at NASA and yeah - I can get kind of obnoxious about discussions which involve differences between theory and applied

Keep em’ flying, Phantom.:Cool:
                                    I agree with everything you said. These guys who are arguing with you, are obviously not IFR pilots. Private pilots at best, where they teach pitch for airspeed and power for altitude. We both know its the opposite technique for coming down a glideslope on an intstrument approach.

Comment

• F light
                                      T echnical
                                      A nnouncment

My Elevator servo findings.
                                      The servo wire clashes with the servo screw mounting post on the underside of its mounting
                                      plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjet21 View Post
                                        xviper
                                        xviper
                                        Hobby Squawk Regular
                                        • Geo: Calgary, Canada

especially for someone so new to this forum.
                                        I'm tending to agree with Evan in that I doubt the guy is "new" here. It wouldn't take much for Aros to do an IP check and see if IT or his location is a match to anyone who has been banned or this obnoxious before. Personally, I just put such people on IGNORE. Eventually, their internet persona will be revealed, unless of course, they suffer from multiple personality disorder."QUOTE"

For your information Xviper I am not some "re-tread". (If that term offends anyone please speak up now or for ever hold your Peace)
                                        I have been on the Groups as "MJET21" since 2015, but only been here on the squawk for less than a month.
                                        Already since the introduction of the FA-18, I had my heart broken by seeing several fellow member's jets plow in!!!
                                        (While I was writing this response to you, 2 more FW FA-18's were LOST in Texas)

I don't know about you but to me that is a gut wrenching experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone!!!

So, in any case, if I do get kicked out of here, I will take your advice and come back under THE NEW NAME "MJET22" and my SLOGAN will be "FORMER MJET21"
                                        I'm usually quite vocal and opinionated when I post a reply to anything, BUT, in this particular little "set to", I'm a member of the "peanut gallery", just making observations. I don't really care how long you've been on RCG. That's irrelevant to me. I've been there for a LOT longer, with nearly 10,000 posts. I would be well over 10K had I not gotten fed up with that place and the numbnuts who reside there and all but ceased posting there. But again, that's irrelevant. What astonishes me is that you've devoted this much typing and internet space to address someone who is part of the peanut gallery. You must be very easily ruffled. Your demeanor and online persona is certainly "different" (I'm trying to be polite).

Comment

• Gluing my bearings in now. I see oil...a good thing !
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X