First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fix on the latest servo finding.

Comment

• I have to buy some special silicon adhesive to
      glue them in so I don't get flutter later ?
      I haven't even flown it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by male_man View Post

I agree with everything you said. These guys who are arguing with you, are obviously not IFR pilots. Private pilots at best, where they teach pitch for airspeed and power for altitude. We both know its the opposite technique for coming down a glideslope on an intstrument approach.
        Here's my daily ride,...she's a Dehavilland DCH-7. She's a turbine, vs a reciprocating, has 3 more engines and a few more thousand hp than your typical private pilot flies. The Army's got an AWR to fly her up to damn near 50K, so about 20 times heavier than the average PPL would rotate with, STOL capable, and I'm not sure how I've flown her form S. Korea to texas without my instrument ticket....obviously...

Male_man, I cannot speak for everyone who has commented on my discussion with F22trainer, I am however a commercial instrument rated pilot in both rotary and fixed wing, there is simply no such thing as a VFR only Army aviator.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Here's my daily ride,...she's a Dehavilland DCH-7. She's a turbine, vs a reciprocating, has 3 more engines and a few more thousand hp than your typical private pilot flies. The Army's got an AWR to fly her up to damn near 50K, so about 20 times heavier than the average PPL would rotate with, STOL capable, and I'm not sure how I've flown her form S. Korea to texas without my instrument ticket....obviously...

Male_man, I cannot speak for everyone who has commented on my discussion with F22trainer, I am however a commercial instrument rated pilot in both rotary and fixed wing, there is simply no such thing as a VFR only Army aviator.

Haha... I knew you were one of the 'Good Guys' !!! I got your 'Daily Ride'.... Right Here !! Hahahahaha . Cheers !!Click image for larger version  Name:	BWair_2006-2007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	204951

There are a number of ways to eliminate the Freeplay in these bearings !! The best would be to machine a nice Capture plate for them out of Aluminum with the proper size recessed area for the bearing !! Shims and/or glue will work, because there is no real concerns about heat back there... The concern is Strength and Structural Integrity of all the parts involved...and, it's all mounted to a Foam Shelf. I will probably mount the bearing block to a Plywood Plate, sandwich that bearing plate with Some HysolBonded Fiberglass Cloth for Reinforcement. There's a lot riding on the Structural Integrity of that particular area regardless or which Aerodynamic Configuration you choose to program into them. Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Haha... I knew you were one of the 'Good Guys' !!! I got your 'Daily Ride'.... Right Here !! Hahahahaha . Cheers !!Click image for larger version Name:	BWair_2006-2007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	204951

There are a number of ways to eliminate the Freeplay in these bearings !! The best would be to machine a nice Capture plate for them out of Aluminum with the proper size recessed area for the bearing !! Shims and/or glue will work, because there is no real concerns about heat back there... The concern is Strength and Structural Integrity of all the parts involved...and, it's all mounted to a Foam Shelf. I will probably mount the bearing block to a Plywood Plate, sandwich that bearing plate with Some HysolBonded Fiberglass Cloth for Reinforcement. There's a lot riding on the Structural Integrity of that particular area regardless or which Aerodynamic Configuration you choose to program into them. Cheers !!
            Bobaroo, sweet ride! I've only got my hands wiggling sticks on one of those one time in Hawaii for about 20 mics it was an MD-500E. A hell of a good time!

Comment

• Originally posted by mavincooper View Post
              Alright just wanted to share. I have finished mine and ready for maiden. I put all the goodies in that I used on my Turbine F18 set it up just like the real one. Thank you Callie Graphics
              MC, That is one beautiful F-18. You did a great job with that livery. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	image_42516.jpg Views:	7 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	204224 Thanks for the nose cone Wayne, I received it today.
                After a week of clear coating she is being Moched up. 3 coats. Here is the quiver of brushes...etc.
                By far the best paint I have seen thus far! I need to hook up with you for my repaints man! WOW!!! It looks amazing!!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Still waiting on the issues to be worked out before I get mine. May even get a Gray one instead of the Blue Angel just to be safe... However this weekend I was able to install 2 of my LED afterburner set up on some fellow club members! I will be helping with the maiden and set up on one of those 2 as well. That will be the deciding factor for me... Itching to get one and have it set up like the Solo that I admire so much....

If anyone wants an afterburner set up let me know!! As Pete Lane has been sayin... Keep it Lit
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                    I have to buy some special silicon adhesive to
                    glue them in so I don't get flutter later ?
                    I haven't even flown it yet.
                    I use foam tac
                    Planes
                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Alright just wanted to share. I have finished mine and ready for maiden. I put all the goodies in that I used on my Turbine F18 set it up just like the real one. Thank you Callie Graphics
                      Outstanding !

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• What issues Goon? And why would the Gray be safer than the BA?

Got flights 26 and 27 on mine this morning.

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                        Still waiting on the issues to be worked out before I get mine. May even get a Gray one instead of the Blue Angel just to be safe... Keep it Lit

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          Still waiting on the issues to be worked out before I get mine. May even get a Gray one instead of the Blue Angel just to be safe... However this weekend I was able to install 2 of my LED afterburner set up on some fellow club members! I will be helping with the maiden and set up on one of those 2 as well. That will be the deciding factor for me... Itching to get one and have it set up like the Solo that I admire so much....

If anyone wants an afterburner set up let me know!! As Pete Lane has been sayin... Keep it Lit

The Jet looks good Goon... It's got a lot of potential FerSher. It looks to be a solid flyer, even on the 'Stock' power. With a few essential Mods and Upgrades, this thing is gonna Rock !! I'm confident you'll have no difficulty bringing yours up to Speed !! Planning on adding another Twin GoonieBurner for mine, similar to the FW F-4D Arrangement I've worked out (No Drag/ No Central Blind Spot). Things get Emotionally Charged over here when you mention things like 'Issues' ... We all know what you're referring to Amigo !! GL . Cheers !!!

I got the Gray, and it's most likely getting a BlueJet No.5 PaintJob on it after a bunch of carving in of some 'KillerMods' !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	d094ba7854dbaff732f6c9d88cad16f5--navy-blue-blue-angels.jpg.cf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	205007Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue+Angels.15.jpg.cf.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	205012

Comment

• Speed brake... The old school way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190630_170002.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	205028

Name:	IMG_20190630_171954.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	205029

Name:	IMG_20190630_192259.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	205030

Name:	IMG_20190708_131727-800x600.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	205031

Comment

• NIIIICE!! Very much looking forward to this mod Steve!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Speed brake... The old school way.
                                RCJD, Old School Rocks! Lookin' Good, Sir. Was thinking similarly. :Cool:Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Maiden plus 2 today. It flew great! All set up per the manual and everything going through the blue box.

However, on my last landing i rolled through a pretty good sized puddle and got a decent amount of water sprayed up onto the belly. 45 minute drive home and go to test everything out and everything is working except the nose gear. When i put the gear down I hear a noise coming from the nose retract and the light comes on but the gear stays up. When i retract the gear I hear the noise again but no movement and the light goes off.

I think water killed the servo. Any idea if the nose retract servo can be removed from the battery hatch and not from underneath since i can’t get the gear down?

Comment

• You have to take it out from the bottom. Edit.... you may have to pull the doors off their hinges...

Comment

• Originally posted by male_man View Post

I agree with everything you said. These guys who are arguing with you, are obviously not IFR pilots. Private pilots at best, where they teach pitch for airspeed and power for altitude. We both know its the opposite technique for coming down a glideslope on an intstrument approach.
                                      Lets just hope none of you get into RC turbine planes that don't think the throttle altitude and elevator speed is incorrect.

Comment

Looks great Marvin!! Hope you can post some more detailed photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          You have to take it out from the bottom. Edit.... you may have to pull the doors off their hinges...
                                          That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks man.

Does it it sound like the retract servo is the issue or do you think it may be a blue box issue?

Comment

Working...
                                          X