X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks man.

Does it it sound like the retract servo is the issue or do you think it may be a blue box issue?
    Let the retract dry out really good before condemning anything.

Comment

• I was going to say the same thing...I would wait a few days to let the servo/retract fully dry out...May do the trick.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• While I agree with this I have seen a few retracts die from getting wet and never recover. Some do and some don't

Easy to bypass the MCBe box and test but as said let it dry out a day or two.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Let the retract dry out really good before condemning anything.

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys. I’m going to let it dry tonight and then test it out tomorrow and go from there.

On on another note, i found the even the low aileron rate to be too much for my liking so i backed that off a little bit. Low rate elevator seems to have plenty of authority for my flying style.

I have a 825 gram hobby star 6200 pushed almost all the back so the front part of the strap is barely over the front of the battery and i needed a load of up elevator trim. My neutral stab position is now around 11mm or so from the seam. I started with the recommended 7mm.

No blue box issues whatsoever. Using a dx8, admiral 10ch receiver with satellite and a hobby eagle gyro.

I can tell once i get this dialed in it will be up there with the a-10 as one of my favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
            I was going to say the same thing...I would wait a few days to let the servo/retract fully dry out...May do the trick.
            I actually had exactly this happen on my F-22. Maidened it on our frozen lake during winter, and one retract acted up and prevented me from any further flights. Let it sit a few weeks (had to wait for seasons to change anyway), and have since put another 205 flights on it without a single hick-up.
            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
              I have a 825 gram hobby star 6200 pushed almost all the back so the front part of the strap is barely over the front of the battery and i needed a load of up elevator trim. My neutral stab position is now around 11mm or so from the seam. I started with the recommended 7mm.
              Ugh, I'm going to have serious issues with my Panther Graphenes then, at about 920g. Oh well, was prepared for some construction work anyway
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Ugh, I'm going to have serious issues with my Panther Graphenes then, at about 920g. Oh well, was prepared for some construction work anyway
                No issue whatsoever with the 920gm battery if you bury the BB under the ply plate .. That’ll give you heaps of battery space .. My CNHL 5000mah 6s G+ 70c weigh 873gms have no issue fitting & easily CGs..No mod to Canopy to fit heavier battery .. All I did was extend battery strap by hacksawing the strap track so there’s a better purchase on the Battery.. Click image for larger version

Name:	1111383F-44E0-44FF-8DF6-7ADDB7FD8644.jpeg
Views:	908
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	205059

Comment

• I'm wondering if anyone can add some help on installing the wing pylons for the new F-18C grey aircraft. Maybe it's been posted in an earlier page, I don't know. I just bought the add-on pylons and missiles/fuel tanks for my F-18C. I know that there is a slot on the bottom of each wing to install a bracket of some sort so that I can attach at least some of the pylons. Others I don't know how they should be attached to the wing. I didn't receive one of those brackets that can be attached to the bottom of the wings and then has slide-on receptacles to mount the fuel tanks/missiles. Any ideas or help on this? Were they supposed to include a wing attachment piece to then attach the pylons? If that is so, I didn't see any in my package of parts.
                  Appreciate any thoughts or help on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                    I'm wondering if anyone can add some help on installing the wing pylons for the new F-18C grey aircraft. Maybe it's been posted in an earlier page, I don't know. I just bought the add-on pylons and missiles/fuel tanks for my F-18C. I know that there is a slot on the bottom of each wing to install a bracket of some sort so that I can attach at least some of the pylons. Others I don't know how they should be attached to the wing. I didn't receive one of those brackets that can be attached to the bottom of the wings and then has slide-on receptacles to mount the fuel tanks/missiles. Any ideas or help on this? Were they supposed to include a wing attachment piece to then attach the pylons? If that is so, I didn't see any in my package of parts.
                    Appreciate any thoughts or help on this.
                    I bought these that are for the 90mm F-16, they are the attachment points, is this what you need?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...hment-hardware

Comment

• Are you saying that you put in a battery and just moved it as far back as it could go and flew it? Where did it balance? If it balanced at around the 88mm recommended position or a bit aft of that and your stabs are at 11mm something else is going on.

If you are saying it was balancing that nose heavy why did you fly it?

Get a proper balance before you fly it again. You can move the battery back, as noted if the MCBe is in the way you can move that. If you need to reposition the strap do it. Do not fly it until you fix it. Please.

Originally posted by flyAA View Post
                      Thanks for the help guys. I’m going to let it dry tonight and then test it out tomorrow and go from there.

On on another note, i found the even the low aileron rate to be too much for my liking so i backed that off a little bit. Low rate elevator seems to have plenty of authority for my flying style.

No blue box issues whatsoever. Using a dx8, admiral 10ch receiver with satellite and a hobby eagle gyro.

I can tell once i get this dialed in it will be up there with the a-10 as one of my favorites.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DCORSAIR;n205061]

I bought these that are for the 90mm F-16, they are the attachment points, is this what you need?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...hment-hardware[/QUO

Thanks, DCorsair. I think I probably should have ordered those, too. I do have a couple of the wing attach points I can "borrow" from old Sidewinder missiles that I have extras of, but I'll probably buy some of these to make this work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Are you saying that you put in a battery and just moved it as far back as it could go and flew it? Where did it balance? If it balanced at around the 88mm recommended position or a bit aft of that and your stabs are at 11mm something else is going on.

If you are saying it was balancing that nose heavy why did you fly it?

Get a proper balance before you fly it again. You can move the battery back, as noted if the MCBe is in the way you can move that. If you need to reposition the strap do it. Do not fly it until you fix it. Please.

Of course i didn’t just strap a battery in and hope for the best. That would be reckless and irresponsible.

I thought i had it balanced right at the suggested 88mm. I used my fingers and the great planes balance machine to confirm it. But trying to hit an exact 88mm on a 5 foot long 10 pound plane can be a challenge for me. I had it pretty dang close as evidenced by the fact that it flew fine besides having to use some nose up trim.

And maybe i didn’t have the stab set exactly at 7mm? I sure tried to get it as close as possible but it may have been at 5 or 6 as it’s not an exact science.

Im going to move the battery back a little bit more and balance it again and see where it’s at.

Comment

• I really didn’t think you did. The 88 is easy to find since it’s the edge of the plastic piece. Good luck on your flights!

Originally posted by flyAA View Post

Of course i didn’t just strap a battery in and hope for the best. That would be reckless and irresponsible.

I thought i had it balanced right at the suggested 88mm. I used my fingers and the great planes balance machine to confirm it. But trying to hit an exact 88mm on a 5 foot long 10 pound plane can be a challenge for me. I had it pretty dang close as evidenced by the fact that it flew fine besides having to use some nose up trim.

And maybe i didn’t have the stab set exactly at 7mm? I sure tried to get it as close as possible but it may have been at 5 or 6 as it’s not an exact science.

Im going to move the battery back a little bit more and balance it again and see where it’s at.

Comment

• Maiden Flight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neyc...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• [QUOTE=davegee;n205064]
                                Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...hment-hardware[/QUO

Thanks, DCorsair. I think I probably should have ordered those, too. I do have a couple of the wing attach points I can "borrow" from old Sidewinder missiles that I have extras of, but I'll probably buy some of these to make this work.
                                I don't have my Grey version F-18 yet but I stocked up on those attachment sets, and got an extra set of ordinance from the 90mm F-16 plus a set of main wheels from the 90mm F-16, the wheels come solid with no holes, I drilled them out to look more scale, they look nice on the F-18 BA I think.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Well done Robbie! Nice flight and landing!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I am only on Page 68.... I can't keep up with this thread!! My Goodness!
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Speed brake progress. Also got the exhaust ducts lined with foil tape. Trying Gooniacs CB on this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190708_205219.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	205103

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Excellent news! Glad it went well. I am happy to report the same for me on my maiden today of #2. No bypasses...Did a full thorough pre-flight/range check, everything was good to go. I spent the flight just getting a feel for her, trimming her out, all that. But she flew wonderfully.
                                        Awesome, glad it went well for you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys View Post
                                          Awesome, glad it went well for you!!
                                          Thanks bud!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X