First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button pressed for a BA Hornet! :)
    Pat

Comment

• Every jet I own has a touch of UP elevator to some degree. And welcome to the Legacy Club Pat!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
        Oh fair enough. If the seem line isn't the centre line or thrust line then cool. Just the way everyone was describing it as up.
        I think "everyone" was just me. :Straight-Face: I used "up elevator" to better describe which direction from the plane's mid-line to set the leading point of each elevator since the word "down" was used without further definition. It was purely for clarification purposes in a very specific circumstance. Sorry to inject any confusion.

I just looked at some side pictures of the real plane and I can't even see an actual seam or panel line where the elevator is. I think the model just happens to have a seam there due to the way the mold was designed and it's that seam that is used as a reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Button pressed for a BA Hornet! :)
          Woohoo! :Cool:

Comment

• Fair enough. Anyways everyone who got the blue Angel's scheme when are you guys gonna hook up and do a full display?
            lol challenge set. Now to sit back and await the mid air videos on YouTube lol.

Comment

• Anyone heard any rumours as to how long after the model is released the ordinance will come? And for those impatient ones among us if we just get the F16 ordinance set is there actually much difference?

Comment

• Also anyone got any ideas on after burner lighting yet? Not something I've done before but really keen and interested to do on this model. Presume they have to be mixed with throttle channel so they only come on at high throttle inputs?

Comment

Also anyone got any ideas on after burner lighting yet? Not something I've done before but really keen and interested to do on this model. Presume they have to be mixed with throttle channel so they only come on at high throttle inputs?
                  RC Geek's Centerburner is fan-freakin'-tastic. Have it in my 90mm F-22 and it's SWEET. Have mine wired into the UBEC and is programmable to whatever throttle points you wish. Mine activates around half throttle.

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Also anyone got any ideas on after burner lighting yet? Not something I've done before but really keen and interested to do on this model. Presume they have to be mixed with throttle channel so they only come on at high throttle inputs?
                    I already have an RC Geek center burner ready to go for my gray one. They just 'Y' into the throttle and are set utilizing a small control board. I power it with a 2S 380mAh battery. No idea on ordnance yet. F-16 pylons are not the same as on the F-18 but might work in a pinch. I have 3D printed what I am putting on mine (AIM-9's and 330 gal. external tanks) and modified some F-16 pylons to more closely emulate those used on the 18. They will be fine for now. I also have some of the AGM-88 Harms from the F-16 I could use as well. Mix and match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      I pre-ordered the new Legacy grey version within minutes of the announcement, having said that, am I the ONLY person on this thread who prefers the Super Hornet over the Legacy? To me the Super is much more of an attractive airframe...:Confused:
                      You aren't alone! I love them both, but I do slightly prefer the Super. Unfortunately, the old Freewing 90mm Super Hornet was pretty wonky-looking.

Comment

• Have the old one and the new one is coming, so maybe some side by side pics are forthcoming....;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

RC Geek's Centerburner is fan-freakin'-tastic. Have it in my 90mm F-22 and it's SWEET. Have mine wired into the UBEC and is programmable to whatever throttle points you wish. Mine activates around half throttle.

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Great now you've caused me to spend more money. Thanks for that lol

Comment

• Does anyone know if this F18 has a ubec to power the centre burner?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              I think "everyone" was just me. :Straight-Face: I used "up elevator" to better describe which direction from the plane's mid-line to set the leading point of each elevator since the word "down" was used without further definition. It was purely for clarification purposes in a very specific circumstance. Sorry to inject any confusion.

I just looked at some side pictures of the real plane and I can't even see an actual seam or panel line where the elevator is. I think the model just happens to have a seam there due to the way the mold was designed and it's that seam that is used as a reference.
                              Just like the Raptor, yes?
                              Tom

Comment

Does anyone know if this F18 has a ubec to power the centre burner?
                                According to the manual it has an 8A UBEC.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Just like the Raptor, yes?
                                  Tom
                                  I can't say. I haven't looked too closely at the Raptor.

Comment

Does anyone know if this F18 has a ubec to power the centre burner?
                                    If I’m not mistaken it’ll be this 130A esc/8A Bec

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

If I’m not mistaken it’ll be this 130A esc/8A Bec
                                      Cool I'll power the centre burner from that save having another battery and more weight on board

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                        Thanks guys. The flying field is Apollo. Due to the new FAA rules released and our field being in controlled airspace (Delta), it is not on their approved "fixed site" list for RC aircraft operation. The situation is currently being worked on in hope of gaining approval from the FAA to be added to their list of approved flying sites within controlled airspace. Although I'm optimistic, there is always a chance that the request will be denied. The field just had a jet rally over the weekend and two FAA reps. were at the field observing, answering questions, etc. They appeared very nice, but the decision isn't directly theirs. If the field does get approved, they can further limit flight operations such as lower altitude ceiling, etc.
                                        T-Cat, I saw on FB that Apollo is now in fact shut down by the FAA. Any more information on your end? I can hardly believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

T-Cat, I saw on FB that Apollo is now in fact shut down by the FAA. Any more information on your end? I can hardly believe it.
                                          It's truly sad for sure. The flying field still needs a letter of agreement with the FAA, and currently in progress. It may or may not occur, but could take weeks or longer until additional details are known. It also appears Apollo needs someone from the club to assume responsibility when signing that LOA when/if it becomes available. This could be challenging to receive. It looks like the club has updated their website with some brief details on the matter.

Apollo is approximately 1.5 miles from a busy controlled airport and the departing traffic from runways 16L/R and arriving traffic from runways 34L/R bring aircraft near Apollo. Hopefully officials believe that RC flying can be safely performed and integrated into the surrounding airspace. I'm hoping for the best as it would be great to be able to fly there in the future. It's interesting because I learned to fly full sized aircraft at KVNY, and learned to fly RC aircraft at Apollo, so both hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                          X