X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    It may be a translation thing but 110A is a peak reading. Your average is probably 40-50A.
    Oh, I thought that was the average. In that case XT90 should work just fine. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post

Oh, I thought that was the average. In that case XT90 should work just fine. Thank you.
      Saw a video on youtube of a guy testing XT90s and he pushed 270 amps! through it and the solder joint of the wire failed before the connector had a chance to fail

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
        Some eye candy from Jet Power Norway this weekend 😎
        It is nice looking. It is too bad that often on a lot of RCAF models, they don't get the correct roundels for the period. The ones on the model pictured from Jet Power Norway are just wrong.

I see Callie has a decal sheet published for this model but her roundels are also wrong - the coloured ones she is showing are from the pre-1965 era. Below is a photo of the correct style for this particular plane.

If you are getting the decals from Callie, the actual plane serial # is 188734 and not 188967. I believe the 188967 number was only used in the original graphic illustrations. I plan on modelling this plane as well but want to have it in hand so I can get Callie the precise measurements as well as some other corrections/additions including the ones noted above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roundels18.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	199254

Name:	CF18 Demo.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	199255

Comment

• Thanks for pointing that out, Uscanuck1xa! It really is a striking scheme the more I look at it. I have some ideas on how to mask off then paint the darker gradient, but overall the thin lines all over will be such a challenge to mask over those curved surfaces. Times like this I wish I had a waterslide decal printer to play with at home.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post

It is nice looking. It is too bad that often on a lot of RCAF models, they don't get the correct roundels for the period. The ones on the model pictured from Jet Power Norway are just wrong.

I see Callie has a decal sheet published for this model but her roundels are also wrong - the coloured ones she is showing are from the pre-1965 era. Below is a photo of the correct style for this particular plane.

If you are getting the decals from Callie, the actual plane serial # is 188734 and not 188967. I believe the 188967 number was only used in the original graphic illustrations. I plan on modelling this plane as well but want to have it in hand so I can get Callie the precise measurements as well as some other corrections/additions including the ones noted above.
            USC1, May I suggest that you try using some of the markings from Callie Graphics as paint masks? I had Callie supply 2 left-hand and 2 right-hand shark-mouth markings in her cut-vinyl format of the entire markings in the original 3-color design. I used these as both painting masks and actual markings on my F-4. Worked well with the compound curves, too. Best, LB

Name:	F-4_RH Sharkmouth.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	199264Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038.JPG
Views:	1065
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	199265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	1077
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	199266
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yeah that Canadian livery is sweet! The more I look at it the more I like it.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post

Name:	Roundels18.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	199254

Name:	CF18 Demo.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	199255
                Good points there!

Please send the info to Callie so she can correct accordingly. She has already made several other minor adjustments based on my feedback, so I'm sure she will be happy to adjust based on yours too.
                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• I have a feeling they are here, but their drawing straws to see who is going to climb the volcano and toss one in after
                  the ceremony !

Comment

• They are so close I can smell 'em!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I sure hope you are right Todd.

Comment

• Today is the day we get our shipping notification, I CAN FEEL IT!!!🤞🏻

Comment

• Hate to be mr negative but I'm thinking they'll be a delay of some sort. Just my luck. Despite me choosing the most expensive quickest shipping option I bet they'll still be issues. Just hope I dont get hit massively with customs again. Such a pita that. And a rip off. I've already paid my shipping. Why should I have to pay someone to rip open my parcel, invade my personal space by inspecting the contents only to then likely not properly repackage it again. Joke.

Guess it'll only get worse when we leave the EU

Comment

• There'll* not they"ll silly predictive text

Comment

• Fingers crossed it's any day now! I'm off for 10 days and I'm afraid that murphy will make sure it will show up on my doorstep the day I go back to work.

Comment

• "Mid June" is a pretty wide open term. Especially if having to deal with customs. I want mine just as bad as the next guy but, they'll get here when they get here! LOL

Comment

• My F/A-18C is almost complete. Just waiting on the wing walk graphics but the ordnance is done! 2 Sidewinders, 2 gbu-12s, 2 fuel tanks and a litening targeting pod underneath. What a fun project this has been. Can't wait to get her out for a fly!

Comment

• Turned out really good James!

Comment

• Beautiful work James! Really like how the flag graphics turned out! :Cool:

Comment

• Hi James, very nice job indeed. I have a question concerning the manual. It recommends high rates for the first flights instead of low, which is very unusual for me. Is that correct and if so, what is the reason for that. Normally it is vice versa.
                                        And, is there a recommended mixing for the elevators with flap extension. There is nothing mentioned in the manual. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                          My F/A-18C is almost complete!
                                          James, Bravo Zulu. She looks great and it is also a good-lookin' model. Looking forward to building mine. Best to all involved, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X