Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Hey Todd
    is it 2 more days? LOL

Rich
    Not that I am counting or anything! LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Not that I am counting or anything! LOL
      I am happy for you!!

I ordered the F35 instead it will be here tomorrow …. I will need to wait until next winter for some new projects

Rich

Comment

• Been watching all the builds and all the talk about scale flying, scale tailerons, full span flaps but I haven't seen anyone change out those ugly wagon wheels, that is the first thing coming off mine, all this talk about scale and you guys are flying with those not so scale wheels.? ....:)

Comment

• I did paint my rudder servo linkage blue... :Cool:

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          Been watching all the builds and all the talk about scale flying, scale tailerons, full span flaps but I haven't seen anyone change out those ugly wagon wheels, that is the first thing coming off mine, all this talk about scale and you guys are flying with those not so scale wheels.? ....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I did paint my rudder servo linkage blue... :Cool:

I knew I could get you to respond with something Evan.LOL

Comment

• Just heading home from post office with F18 in the back

Comment

• I’m setting mine up with full flying stab, full span flaps, and up only ailerons. For the ones that have flown it with tailerons, what throws are you guys using? I was thinking using same L/H rates as the elevators. Thoughts.
                Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                  I asked Alpha directly back in the A-10 days and customer support said do not use a 2 cell lipo.
                  And yes, they said 5.5 volts is the ideal setting.
                  I called Motion today, and they did confirm this, 5.5 volts is the ideal settings for the retracts and that I did burn up my gear servos. I have purchased new gear servos to replace the original. I will be installing a 5.5 volt BEC. I will update when I get them installed and tested. Thanks for all the help !!!

Comment

• An unfortunate expensive mistake. Take the 2S lipos out of those other planes too...

Comment

• My speed controller is dead on arrival. Anyone else having this issue? I did create a problem ticket with motion rc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordster39 View Post

I called Motion today, and they did confirm this, 5.5 volts is the ideal settings for the retracts and that I did burn up my gear servos. I have purchased new gear servos to replace the original. I will be installing a 5.5 volt BEC. I will update when I get them installed and tested. Thanks for all the help !!!
                        What was wrong with the stock BEC that you felt the need to use a RX battery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Czonio View Post
                          My speed controller is dead on arrival. Anyone else having this issue? I did create a problem ticket with motion rc.
                          Check to make sure you EDF and Speed Controller are connected, I've counted 5 so far that were not connected, mine included.

Originally posted by Peteflys View Post

That is just friggin awesome lookin!!!!
                          Thank you sir!

Planes
                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            What was wrong with the stock BEC that you felt the need to use a RX battery?
                            I ordered a ARF Plus , I already had a EDF/ none BEC ESC unit to install into it .

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                              Been watching all the builds and all the talk about scale flying, scale tailerons, full span flaps but I haven't seen anyone change out those ugly wagon wheels, that is the first thing coming off mine, all this talk about scale and you guys are flying with those not so scale wheels.? ....:)
                              what wheels are you changing to?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                Scale is secondary to performance. If you are going to go whole-hog, wheel minutiae and all, go at it - no need to throw shade on other people for what they do or don't do. That's just rude.

Comment

• Yep, speed controller was not hooked up. It looks like it disconnected from the fan when they installed the fan. I moved the speed controller aft, plugged it up to the fan and bingo..all is well. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Got mine almost done

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Scale is secondary to performance. If you are going to go whole-hog, wheel minutiae and all, go at it - no need to throw shade on other people for what they do or don't do. That's just rude.
                                      Hey Fredmud, take it easy bud, you took my post way wrong there, I was just joking about those big wheels is all, they don't look right and I was going to change mine, wondering why no one else did, thats all, sit back take a deep breath, no need to get all uptight.........:Cool:

Comment

• Short vid showing how I have mine set up. Have not flown it yet. Also added the Radar-Guy wheel covers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190616_155556.jpg
Views:	1633
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	200992

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Short vid showing how I have mine set up. Have not flown it yet. Also added the Radar-Guy wheel covers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190616_155556.jpg Views:	4 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	200992
                                          Looks nice, are you guys with the BA version putting a coat of gloss Minwax over the blue or Satin?
                                          Like the wheel covers, looks more scale.

Comment

Working...
                                          X