X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Hey Steve, that's great! I wouldn't mind snagging your SPM file if you wouldn't mind? I have the iX12 and that sure would save me a ton of time and setting up the mixes...
    Todd, can the .SPM file be uploaded here or not?

Comment

• Good question? I am not sure actually...I usually send or receive SPMs via email...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The wires won't but the battery can shield it. I have a 12ch receiver with 2 6" antennae. One goes aft and is away from most things that would shield it. The other goes forward to about 2" ahead of the battery. I also have two satellite receivers, one under the left vertical stab and the other in the nose retract bay ahead of the nose wheels when retracted.

I think I'm okay.

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Assuming your RX is under the plywood, this doesn’t effect the range of the rx/antenna with all the wires on top of it like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          The wires won't but the battery can shield it. I have a 12ch receiver with 2 6" antennae. One goes aft and is away from most things that would shield it. The other goes forward to about 2" ahead of the battery. I also have two satellite receivers, one under the left vertical stab and the other in the nose retract bay ahead of the nose wheels when retracted.

I think I'm okay.

Yea I would say, so.

how are you powering the LED then?

I’m running lemon gyro sat rx. Rx antenna pointed to left wing and sat at the nose
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Retracts and lights are through the MCBE. Also under the floor boards.

Comment

• Where can I order the wheel hubs? Thanks!

Comment

• Glow in dark tape for instruments :Silly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190619_000734024_iOS.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	201161
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Mine came today from overseas. Brokerage and tax was 16 bucks (for those Canucks who might be interested). You won't get away with less than 4 times that with FedEx and UPS. I was just going to put it away for a while and go fly stuff but the weather is crappy for the next week or more, so I guess I'll start by Mod Podging it all while it's in pieces.

Name:	IMG_3394.JPG
Views:	1040
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	201166

Comment

• Originally posted by Geebros View Post
                    Where can I order the wheel hubs? Thanks!
                    They are not commercially available. Radar-Guy developed them (see this post). If you have a 3D printer, or know someone who does, just download the file in that post and print.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      They are not commercially available. Radar-Guy developed them (see this post). If you have a 3D printer, or know someone who does, just download the file in that post and print.
                      Thank you!

Comment

• Thoughts on this? Range test fine, walking around the model and changing the models position ( on its wheels, nose down, nose up, etc). Just don’t like power wires so close to the rx/antennas.
                        Attached Files
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• If it range tests well in all orientations, then there should be no reason to doubt the efficacy of the RX/sat set up. Not liking close proximity between RX wires and power wires is a function of personal fears, doubts and interpretation of what should and shouldn't be and doesn't necessarily hold any logical rationale. I've had planes with far messier battery compartments with wires all over the place. None of those planes ever crashed due to TX/RX signal problems. They crashed for other reasons that I'm never too embarrassed or proud to admit.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            If it range tests well in all orientations, then there should be no reason to doubt the efficacy of the RX/sat set up. Not liking close proximity between RX wires and power wires is a function of personal fears, doubts and interpretation of what should and shouldn't be and doesn't necessarily hold any logical rationale. I've had planes with far messier battery compartments with wires all over the place. None of those planes ever crashed due to TX/RX signal problems. They crashed for other reasons that I'm never too embarrassed or proud to admit.

I have no problem admitting if I screw up, stuff happens. Own it, learn from it and move on. Mine is more doubts as I don't know when is "to much or to little".
                            Planes

Comment

• Have to echo xviper...I have had quite the rat's nests over the years with receivers, ESCs and batteries virtually on top of each other and the only bad things that ever occurred were either Dumb Thumbs or some other non-related event.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                The MCBE gets its power from the retracts I think. Here’s a pic of my clutter.
                                Hi Evan
                                Thanks for the picture.
                                Next question. Did you cut the foam to put in your esc in?
                                I have the 8s and 150 amp esc.
                                Thanks
                                Bob

Comment

• I bought the F-18 ARF kit and when I sold my F-22 I kept the ESC thinking I would use it in the F-18, well the wires are to short to be able to plug the battery in, I can do it but it's hard with my big hands, I see there are no parts yet in stock including the ESC of course, anyone have the stock ESC from a PNP kit that you decided not to use??? If not I will pick up and ESC from the F-16 kit, looks like the wires are long enough for the F-18, so I wanted to ask before I ordered it.

Wonder when the spare parts are coming in??

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Keep your repaint photos and early setup/maiden reports coming, guys and gals! Call the tech team for any hiccups along the way, as usual for any purchase. Callie mentioned her F-18 decals sales have been off the charts, so I know there are so many more customized Grays out there. Thanks for supporting her!

I'm taking my VFC-12 out later this week, hopefully with good weather. Just need to finish some finishing touches before our announcement..

Name:	IMG_20190613_172221.jpg
Views:	1736
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	200871
                                    Wait a second. Hiding in " Plane sight " .
                                    This almost slipped by me so I had to circle
                                    Around again. What announcement ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      I bought the F-18 ARF kit and when I sold my F-22 I kept the ESC thinking I would use it in the F-18, well the wires are to short to be able to plug the battery in, I can do it but it's hard with my big hands, I see there are no parts yet in stock including the ESC of course, anyone have the stock ESC from a PNP kit that you decided not to use??? If not I will pick up and ESC from the F-16 kit, looks like the wires are long enough for the F-18, so I wanted to ask before I ordered it.

Why not instead of buying new esc just solder some extra wire to the esc you have or if you don’t want to solder just get a extension.

Comment

• I used one of the new Turnigy Plush 32 120A 8S ESC/BEC. It’s smaller than the stock PNP ESC so no...

Originally posted by beobe View Post

Hi Evan
                                        Thanks for the picture.
                                        Next question. Did you cut the foam to put in your esc in?
                                        I have the 8s and 150 amp esc.
                                        Thanks
                                        Bob

Comment

• I do but as said why not solder extensions? My fan and ESC/ BEC and another that came in my F-4 are for sale if interested.

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                          I bought the F-18 ARF kit and when I sold my F-22 I kept the ESC thinking I would use it in the F-18, well the wires are to short to be able to plug the battery in, I can do it but it's hard with my big hands, I see there are no parts yet in stock including the ESC of course, anyone have the stock ESC from a PNP kit that you decided not to use??? If not I will pick up and ESC from the F-16 kit, looks like the wires are long enough for the F-18, so I wanted to ask before I ordered it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X