X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
    The second round is the same as the first. How could the factory change anything without feedback from the initial round, these are already on the water.
    Yeah well they can swim cant they? Lol

Comment

• Lol...now with a can of Flex seal in every box !

Comment

• Still clear coating my BA . I am using a new 10 Channel Admiral with sat. On the plug and play version. Looking good so far.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Gooniac burner.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Gooniac EDF creations. Runs off of the 6s balance tap so no juice from the BEC or receiver.
            Get yours today !

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Umm, you put the numbers on the wrong sides...

Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
              Still clear coating my BA . I am using a new 10 Channel Admiral with sat. On the plug and play version. Looking good so far.

Comment

• Hey Alpha....your bootys on fire !

Comment

• Good thing I posted then. Their not cleared yet
                  thanks ! Tail slant....check.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                    You can always buy cable and connectors bulk and create custom ones to your length & # of splits requirements.
                    That’s what I’ve been doing, you make exactly the length you need. I buy lead wire by the bundle from Hitec, it’s their heavy duty stock.

Comment

• We called in the flight team over the weekend to assemble and fly a dozen randomly selected F-18s. Spektrum DX9+Admiral 10ch rx, Futaba 8J+R2008 rx, FrSky X10+X8R rx. Eleven of the twelve models were flown 19-20 times, stock 6s PNP system, Admiral 6s 5000mAh. Aggressive flying. Consecutive rolls, full power dives and loops, everything we could think of. 213 flights over two days, no issues for eleven of the twelve models. Receiver function, MFCB function, servo function, structural integrity function. No problems.

However, one of the twelve models, on its 14th flight, during a full power corkscrew spinning dive straight down from ~600ft to ~100ft, had its port side plastic elevator mount lift up slightly during pulling up from the dive. Not enough to come loose, but enough to roll the aircraft over during the full up elevator pull-up to recover from the intended spinning dive. The model rolled over twice as its nose pointed upward (recovering from the dive), the pilot reduced all power, then glided back to the road for a short-field landing. After taxi back, the elevator linkage was still attached and the elevator still moved, but the mount was sloppy and had to be reglued down before its next flight.

I would not describe that flight pattern as normal --it's irresponsible. Nevertheless, we took that data point and spent this evening opening 203 F-18s at the factory trying to replicate the failure. We calculated the approximate force on that area during a pullout, then tried to pry up the elevator mount. Of the 406 elevators tested, only 2 of them were able to be pried up with between ~7lbs-8.5lbs of hand applied pressure against the elevator rod (~116oz and 133oz). This prying force applied during testing on the F-18 elevator rod is higher than the force tested on the F-14's and F-22's elevator rods, so again I would consider that above normal use.

So, data summary for this weekend's testing is: 12 newly assembled planes flown, 227 flights without any issues, 1 flight with 1 partially lifted elevator mount, 203 planes checked manually at factory, 1 elevator mount able to be manually pulled up with similar force. This is in addition to the hundreds of flights conducted during prototyping/production/destructive testing phases, which are conducted before the first shipment departs Asia.

Preliminary Result: No pattern established for physical failure points. One logged failure in 2,348 minutes of logged factory test flights. Flight testing continuing to try to replicate customer-reported crashes.

Action for existing customers: As an additional precaution, that statistically is frankly overkill based on the data so far, you might want to check your elevator mounts by gently trying to pry them up. There's a large plastic foot so I don't expect them to tear completely up. If you detect any lifting, take a photo or video and send it to the CS Team. If you can pull the mount up halfway like this with a three finger grip on the elevator rod exerting anything less than 7lbs of force, call the CS Team immediately and feel free to post here. It's a large plastic foot so a complete tear-out would likely crack the plastic. Reglue as needed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18C 196 -SB- 116 ounces -6.24.2019.png Views:	0 Size:	687.9 KB ID:	202373
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Service buliten for every outgoing unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                          Hello guys. Offering my experience here with the F-18:
                          I reduced my full flap setting, and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if it didn't like the degree of flap I had set it, but it seems okay now (fingers crossed).
                          Hi AZFlyer, thanks for your maiden report! Regarding your flap setting, would you please post your current (good) flap setting? Also, are you slowing your flap servos?

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            We called in the flight team over the weekend to assemble and fly a dozen randomly selected F-18s. Spektrum DX9+Admiral 10ch rx, Futaba 8J+R2008 rx, FrSky X10+X8R rx. Eleven of the twelve models were flown 19-20 times, stock 6s PNP system, Admiral 6s 5000mAh. Aggressive flying. Consecutive rolls, full power dives and loops, everything we could think of. 213 flights over two days, no issues for eleven of the twelve models. Receiver function, MFCB function, servo function, structural integrity function. No problems.

However, one of the twelve models, on its 14th flight, during a full power corkscrew spinning dive straight down from ~600ft to ~100ft, had its port side plastic elevator mount lift up slightly during pulling up from the dive. Not enough to come loose, but enough to roll the aircraft over during the full up elevator pull-up to recover from the intended spinning dive. The model rolled over twice as its nose pointed upward (recovering from the dive), the pilot reduced all power, then glided back to the road for a short-field landing. After taxi back, the elevator linkage was still attached and the elevator still moved, but the mount was sloppy and had to be reglued down before its next flight.

I would not describe that flight pattern as normal --it's irresponsible. Nevertheless, we took that data point and spent this evening opening 203 F-18s at the factory trying to replicate the failure. We calculated the approximate force on that area during a pullout, then tried to pry up the elevator mount. Of the 406 elevators tested, only 2 of them were able to be pried up with between ~7lbs-8.5lbs of hand applied pressure against the elevator rod (~116oz and 133oz). This prying force applied during testing on the F-18 elevator rod is higher than the force tested on the F-14's and F-22's elevator rods, so again I would consider that above normal use.

So, data summary for this weekend's testing is: 12 newly assembled planes flown, 227 flights without any issues, 1 flight with 1 partially lifted elevator mount, 203 planes checked manually at factory, 1 elevator mount able to be manually pulled up with similar force. This is in addition to the hundreds of flights conducted during prototyping/production/destructive testing phases, which are conducted before the first shipment departs Asia.

Preliminary Result: No pattern established for physical failure points. One logged failure in 2,348 minutes of logged factory test flights. Flight testing continuing to try to replicate customer-reported crashes.

Action for existing customers: As an additional precaution, that statistically is frankly overkill based on the data so far, you might want to check your elevator mounts by gently trying to pry them up. There's a large plastic foot so I don't expect them to tear completely up. If you detect any lifting, take a photo or video and send it to the CS Team. If you can pull the mount up halfway like this with a three finger grip on the elevator rod exerting anything less than 7lbs of force, call the CS Team immediately and feel free to post here. It's a large plastic foot so a complete tear-out would likely crack the plastic. Reglue as needed.

Click image for larger version Name:	F18C 196 -SB- 116 ounces -6.24.2019.png Views:	0 Size:	687.9 KB ID:	202373
                            Awesome work Alpha and the whole Motion Team!

Great customer support!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              We called in the flight team over the weekend to assemble and fly a dozen randomly selected F-18s. Spektrum DX9+Admiral 10ch rx, Futaba 8J+R2008 rx, FrSky X10+X8R rx. Eleven of the twelve models were flown 19-20 times, stock 6s PNP system, Admiral 6s 5000mAh. Aggressive flying. Consecutive rolls, full power dives and loops, everything we could think of. 213 flights over two days, no issues for eleven of the twelve models. Receiver function, MFCB function, servo function, structural integrity function. No problems.

Click image for larger version Name:	F18C 196 -SB- 116 ounces -6.24.2019.png Views:	0 Size:	687.9 KB ID:	202373
                              Sweet now you can ship one of the good ones out to me £100 off second hand 👍 lol

Comment

• Wow I missed alot over the weekend so far I have 4 freewing models I have never had a single issue so far I've all run spectrum receivers and dx8 gen2 controller I've had 2 flight with my F18 so far amazing slowed my Flaps down to 6 second deployment I landed it so smoothly you couldn't even hear the touchdown

Comment

• I agree. I was told I should fly for Motion since my landings are slower and smoother than their pilots. Had to explain they do not have any paid professional pilots and I do have more experience than most.

Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post
                                  Wow I missed alot over the weekend so far I have 4 freewing models I have never had a single issue so far I've all run spectrum receivers and dx8 gen2 controller I've had 2 flight with my F18 so far amazing slowed my Flaps down to 6 second deployment I landed it so smoothly you couldn't even hear the touchdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post
                                    Wow I missed alot over the weekend so far I have 4 freewing models I have never had a single issue so far I've all run spectrum receivers and dx8 gen2 controller I've had 2 flight with my F18 so far amazing slowed my Flaps down to 6 second deployment I landed it so smoothly you couldn't even hear the touchdown
                                    But I bet you heard that Clanky Roll-Out !! I try to Eliminate that Clinky Rattling Plastic sound on mine. Every Time I manage get them quieted, they just Roll' on Forever !! And Brakes are 'Heavy... Brass Bushings on the Axels work but keeping them Lubed and Quiet is a Pain !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      I agree. I was told I should fly for Motion since my landings are slower and smoother than their pilots. Had to explain they do not have any paid professional pilots and I do have more experience than most.

But could you be happy and more importantly, 'Comfortable' flying one of these Jets completely 'Stock' ?? 'I'mJustSayin' Most of the more successful Flight' reports here are coming from Dudes that have spent a considerable investment in Modding their new Hornets. Tightening them up considerably seems to be the only way to go with these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        I agree. I was told I should fly for Motion since my landings are slower and smoother than their pilots. Had to explain they do not have any paid professional pilots and I do have more experience than most.

Haha yeah we should get ourselves hired there that'd be my dream job hahh

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

But could you be happy and more importantly, 'Comfortable' flying one of these Jets completely 'Stock' ?? 'I'mJustSayin' Most of the more successful Flight' reports here are coming from Dudes that have spent a considerable investment in Modding their new Hornets. Tightening them up considerably seems to be the only way to go with these.
                                          The stock Blue Angel we had at Joe Nall has close to 400 flights on it now, half of which were in China ;)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X