Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, wanted to share an old trick I used to do on taking the slop out of bearing play, I did this on my helicopters all the time, worked great for the bearings that were installed in the frames, you helicopter guys will know what I'm talking about, so I tried it on the F-18 elevators and it works great. Just roll the bearing up in one round of masking tape, the tan sticky masking tape works best, trim off the excess with a sharp exacto knife, say goodbye to slop and no messy glue.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Are there files for printing up the scale ordnance wing pylons for the Flightline F-18C? I bought some F-16 pylons and missiles, but they don’t look all that scale for an F-18C.

thanks

davegee

Comment

• some medium detail sparrows I am working on. thingiverse upload in the near future:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          Hey guys, wanted to share an old trick I used to do on taking the slop out of bearing play, I did this on my helicopters all the time, worked great for the bearings that were installed in the frames, you helicopter guys will know what I'm talking about, so I tried it on the F-18 elevators and it works great. Just roll the bearing up in one round of masking tape, the tan sticky masking tape works best, trim off the excess with a sharp exacto knife, say goodbye to slop and no messy glue.
          Nice trick, thanks for the tip!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey guys, got my BA yesterday. Unfortunately the mountings of the wings to the fuselage do not fit together. Did anybody have the same issue?

Second, is there a possibility to eliminate the time delay with gear extension?

thx

Click image for larger version  Name:	64C382A3-6D94-4E51-B234-5148D8EFDF2D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.7 KB ID:	206312

Comment

• So I have come across something here I have not come across before and not sure if this needs to be addressed with MRC or if there is a simple solution. So everything is centered, servos travels, sub trim and D/R’s as you can see in the pics on my radio, so when I do left and the right on my ailerons one way it shows 30 something mm’s and then the other direction it shows 20 something mm’s. If I adjust travels or anything else, then I am making the other side off by the amount I am adjusting on opposite side. The only other thing I can think of is bypassing the y connection and making each aileron on its own channel that allows me to adjust each individually. I don’t feel I should have to do this, but I don’t really understand what could be causing the differences in deflection that I am seeing. Had friend look at it and he is not sure why it is different either.

Any more suggestions other than what I have listed above, or do I need to open a ticket with MRC?
              Last edited by ken.swa@outlook.com; Jul 17, 2019, 07:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post
                Hey guys, got my BA yesterday. Unfortunately the mountings of the wings to the fuselage do not fit together. Did anybody have the same issue?

thx

Got mine from MRC EU on Monday. No issue here. the wrong part appears to be on the fuselage side. My connection parts on the right wing look the same.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3075.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	206324

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Got mine from MRC EU on Monday. No issue here. the wrong part appears to be on the fuselage side. My connection parts on the right wing look the same.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3075.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	206324
                  Thx, we'll see.

Comment

Hey guys, got my BA yesterday. Unfortunately the mountings of the wings to the fuselage do not fit together. Did anybody have the same issue?

thx

Click image for larger version Name:	64C382A3-6D94-4E51-B234-5148D8EFDF2D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.7 KB ID:	206312
                    Did they get the wing mount in upside down in the fuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Did they get the wing mount in upside down in the fuse?
                      Ya, you're right. Due to the shape of the plate it should be fail safe. But they made it fitting!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190717_135245.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	206331

Comment

• Mine is the same and it flies okay like that. It's mechanical differential.

I'm sure the usual's will be on soon with page long explanations about how it won't work even though they don't have or fly the F-18.

Originally posted by ken.swa@outlook.com View Post
                        So I have come across something here I have not come across before and not sure if this needs to be addressed with MRC or if there is a simple solution. So everything is centered, servos travels, sub trim and D/R’s as you can see in the pics on my radio, so when I do left and the right on my ailerons one way it shows 30 something mm’s and then the other direction it shows 20 something mm’s. If I adjust travels or anything else, then I am making the other side off by the amount I am adjusting on opposite side. The only other thing I can think of is bypassing the y connection and making each aileron on its own channel that allows me to adjust each individually. I don’t feel I should have to do this, but I don’t really understand what could be causing the differences in deflection that I am seeing. Had friend look at it and he is not sure why it is different either.

Any my suggestions other than what I have listed above, or do I need to open a ticket with MRC?

Comment

• Some things are inexcusable and this is one of them. Amazing!

Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

Ya, you're right. Due to the shape of the plate it should be fail safe. But they made it fitting!

Comment

It’s not upside down. Did they glue the rear wing mounts on the wrong sides?

Comment

• They put in two right hand sides...

Comment

thx

Click image for larger version Name:	64C382A3-6D94-4E51-B234-5148D8EFDF2D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.7 KB ID:	206312
                                It looks like the plastic wing mount is glued on 180* out of sync with the wing. Sorry for your issue, MRC will need to replace your plane. The time delay is built into the control board of the Blue Box and cannot be turned off.

Rich

Name:	FJ3141101a_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	206343Click image for larger version

Name:	FJ3141102a_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	206344

Comment

Where's that "face palm" emoji when you need one? Well, this one will do ....................................

Comment

thx

I got the other one...yours has two right side mounts, mine had two left hand mounts. Just open a ticket and MRC will take care of it
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I got the other one...yours has two right side mounts, mine had two left hand mounts. Just open a ticket and MRC will take care of it
                                      Funny, already done. But I had to do it twice, because MRC EU is in charge, not US. This plane has a little bit of bad luck, indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

How low is low?
                                        Doesn't matter how low when there is a reduction in thrust... putting anything in the airstream will reduce thrust. Better to do it a more aerodynamic way. Thanks for helping with that too! :-)
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• With nearly 250 afterburners shipped, no one ever complained about any reduction in thrust. I did heard few complains about the "other guy" who uses stupid reflectors in his afterburner which creates a lot of drag and thrust reduction.

Comment

Working...
                                          X