X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Instead of letting the switch drive the channel directly, use a mix with a three point curve.

I guess a lot can be done with messing with the end points/travel, as well as subtrim on the flap channel too, but I prefer mixing
    Sorry buddy can I pick your brains as to exactly how you achieved this? Been scratching my head trying to understand the owners manual and searching for youtube video but cant find anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
      I’m asking protocol or how do you go about testing the hardware of the down plane, so that parts (servos, landing gear, servo extensions, etc) can be used in another plane or places in parts bin for later usage.
      I know that was your question, and I'm not really helpful in that regard since I run more on policy/principles than actual testing in such a case.

I miiiiight reuse some non-essentials like retracts if they turn out to work (will not be doing any extensive testing), but servos and all other electronics are written off - without any testing needed.

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
      but 1m off the ground, that’s ballsy
      Yep. Obviously don't start learning new skills at that level, but once things are dialed in, at some point one needs to push oneself to improve further.

Have done hundred of coordinated slow rolls and four pointers on that model before, but sooner or later you make a mistake. In my case I under-rotated the third roll (from inverted into the last knife edge) and that somehow surprised me enough to go wrong.

No regrets what so ever. Will rebuild and continue :D

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
        Sorry buddy can I pick your brains as to exactly how you achieved this? Been scratching my head trying to understand the owners manual and searching for youtube video but cant find anything.
        Sure thing. Not sure I recall the details of the initial challenge, but why don't you shoot me a PM with the details, and we'll work it out from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Sure thing. Not sure I recall the details of the initial challenge, but why don't you shoot me a PM with the details, and we'll work it out from there.
          Thank you but after persistence I actually figured it. Thank you though for pointing me in the direction of mixing. Never done mixing before so just seemed very daunting but i just kept it simple and got it done 👍

Comment

Thank you but after persistence I actually figured it. Thank you though for pointing me in the direction of mixing. Never done mixing before so just seemed very daunting but i just kept it simple and got it done 👍
            Awesome!

Mixing, once you understand the menus for it, is actually quite straight forward. It merely connects an input (the switch) to an output (the flap channel) according to whatever rules/curves/points you feel like. A very powerful and quite essential feature to master :D

Another very typical use is rudder to nose wheel steering, made conditional based on the gear switch, so it's enabled only when wheels down.

Comment

• It sure was nice seeing 2 of these blue angels tearing up the skies at my local field this past weekend!! one of my buddies has 8s on his and is a bullet!! Looks very turbine like for sure!! The other is stock and no slouch as well! I am trying to get started on mine today... Will get wing servos replaced...
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                It sure was nice seeing 2 of these blue angels tearing up the skies at my local field this past weekend!! one of my buddies has 8s on his and is a bullet!! Looks very turbine like for sure!! The other is stock and no slouch as well! I am trying to get started on mine today... Will get wing servos replaced...
                Same here, need to get started for sure. But with a busy flying season still going on, and quite a bit of building material etc needed for this project, it is so easy to procrastinate.

I need balsa, ply, fibre glass cloth, thin epoxy, upgraded pushrods/ball links for the tailerons, as well as quite a few 3D-printed parts. A bracket for mounting my ESC for one thing.... The F-18 has a spot for the ESC that is much too narrow for the fat hobbywing I'll be using, so the only solution I see at this time is mounting it on the side (vertical) rather than the usual, horizontal position.

Comment

• Good progress made tonight. Not bad for my first ever paint job. Painting is the easy part. It's all the prep before hand. Also really quite pleased with my free hand ability. Just freestyled the lines and curves and just went with what looks right. Of course I wont know how good the result is until I carefully peel off the masking tomorrow night. Really enjoying it though 😁
                  Attached Files

Comment

• CB, Looks great thus far. What was your prep before the 'black' coat? More to the point, what did you do to limit the possibility of future 'gator-skin'? Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I generally carefully peel the Masking Paper while the paint is still Wet !! This allows the paint to Flow from the mask and lay a much better line. If you are waiting til tomorrow for something ...?? I'm not sure what exactly that could be. If anything, there may be some difficulty with Lifting of your Base or newly applied Graphics if it sits on there too long !! Just a cautionary note from a fellow AeroModler !!

Comment

• Yep. Get the masking off ASAP.

Comment

• Oh ok cheers guys. I'll get the masking off as soon as I can. Dont know if I'll have time before going to work though.
                          in terms of prep before the black went on. Err. Well i wiped the surface with an alcohol wipe. That's it. I do plan once all my decals are on to put a clear coat over the top as well.

Comment

• Just thinking what if I apply another coat of paint tonight and then peel the mask off while it's still wet. Would that work?

Comment

• masking tape pulls up the OEM paint. Use frog green tape and put it on your shirt or pants leg 3-5 times to dull the tackiness down.
                              Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• It is frog tape that I used

Comment

• I'm gonna go give it another coat now before I have to leave for work and peel the mask straight off while that coat is still wet and hope that works

Comment

• Score 1 for beginners luck lol.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone else noticed that the velcro strap for the battery is very short. Can only just get it round my 4500 but it wont go round my 5000. Havent tried round the admiral 6000 yet. Gonna have to put a longer one in.

Comment

Score 1 for beginners luck lol.
                                        CB, Now that's a clean line. Very nice. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Anyone else noticed that the velcro strap for the battery is very short. Can only just get it round my 4500 but it wont go round my 5000. Havent tried round the admiral 6000 yet. Gonna have to put a longer one in.
                                          They often are too short for my liking !! I sew on a Pull Strap whenever I need to extend one of mine. Cheers Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190329_182735.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	211138

Comment

Working...
                                          X