X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

I was afraid of that. I'll go a head and replace them. Thoughts on these? https://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...-servo/product
    Hi-Tech servos are definitely an upgrade and this linked servo looks to be much better specs including the bearing output. I do not appose installing better servos, but the Freewing servos seem to work fine for me. I have had some FW servos fail or become twitchy and I just replaced them.

I have to resist going down this path :) because your $450 foam airplane becomes a money pit. (ESC, BEC, inrunner motor etc)
    Rich

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks LB, I got the file. I'm going to use this pic I found to do up the panel.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
          Thanks LB, I got the file. I'm going to use this pic I found to do up the panel.
          DM, That's the template I used for the 3DP design. Perfect, Sir. Post pictures, please. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

I have an AS3X receiver in mine, going for the maiden tomorrow morning. I'll post the values I used for gains if they work well.

Replaced the stock elevator servos with Freewing's metal gear 17g's. It is a night and day difference, super happy I decided to postpone the maiden for those servos.

Can't wait!
            About to order the F18 and want to put the full metal elevator servos from the F22 in mine as well. Are these the two I need? One standard and one reverse?

Freewing 17g Digital Metal Gear Servo with 150mm (5.9") Lead - MD31172-150 This servo is used on various Freewing jets. It can be used with other aircraft with compatible specifications (see below). Features: Lightweight, efficient high torque digital metal gear servo perfect for mid-sized to large EDF jets Includes: F

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Thanks!

Comment

• Correctamundo.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Those have slightly longer leads than you need. Get the ones with the 100mm/4" leads:

Freewing 17g Digital Metal Gear Reverse Servo with 100mm (4") Lead - MD31172R-100 This servo is used on various Freewing jets. It can be used with other aircraft with compatible specifications (see below). Features: Lightweight, efficient high torque digital metal gear reverse servo perfect for mid-sized to large EDF j

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
                Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the help!

Comment

• I finally got one of my Hornets setup the way I want, and that allowed me to do the artwork. Here she is for all to see...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
                      I finally got one of my Hornets setup the way I want, and that allowed me to do the artwork. Here she is for all to see...
                      JM64, Bravo Zulu. Looks great. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey guys, did anyone experience a significant nose down effect with gear extension and counteract this with some elev uptrim, or is it only a minor effect? Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post
                          Hey guys, did anyone experience a significant nose down effect with gear extension and counteract this with some elev uptrim, or is it only a minor effect? Thx
                          Haven't experienced this. Wheres your c of g? Maybe go a little further back? I'm at 90mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

Haven't experienced this. Wheres your c of g? Maybe go a little further back? I'm at 90mm
                            I'm in the middle of my assembly, so no experience of that so far. Just wanted to know if there is a mixing relevant like with the flaps. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

I'm in the middle of my assembly, so no experience of that so far. Just wanted to know if there is a mixing relevant like with the flaps. Thx
                              I personally do not use any mixing. I like to manage all control inputs myself but some people have applied mixing. If you get it right could then just adjust the power and she would almost land herself. But wheres the fun in that. Get the mixing wrong though, too much of one or the other and could make for a very hairy landing.

Comment

• No, it does not need a throttle mix. For flaps I have up 7mid/12full%. If you decide to do full span flaps I have up 14/20%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  No, it does not need a throttle mix. For flaps I have up 7mid/12full%. If you decide to do full span flaps I have up 14/20%.
                                  I wasn't the one asking but thanks for posting the values. I am going to maiden mine on the weekend and was looking for advice as well.

Comment

• Good luck with the maiden!

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just got my Grey F/A-18 and while i decide what scheme I'm finally going to do I thought I'd design some pimp my ride bits for it. I've added links to the files

The Hornets I am going to model have the IFF bird slicer antennas on them and I thought the fence on the LREX could use some jazzing up to hide the ugly panel on the model that area. Still have a bit of setup work to do before the maiden as I will only fly it stock to get sorted and then a pretty hot setup is going to go in her :cool:

Thanks

dave

A bit of scale bling for your freewing F/a-18, this is a base plate for the fences located on the LREX, just slide over the top of the fence and glue into place.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ticketec View Post
                                        Hey guys,

Just got my Grey F/A-18 and while i decide what scheme I'm finally going to do I thought I'd design some pimp my ride bits for it. I've added links to the files.dave
                                        Dave, Thanks for thinking of us all. The 3DP parts look great. I will be adding these 'bits' to my Hornet as well. Tango Yankee. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Dave, Thanks for thinking of us all. The 3DP parts look great. I will be adding these 'bits' to my Hornet as well. Tango Yankee. Best, LB
                                          Just paying forward to all those who have designed cool 3DP for my other models in the past! Including you and your instrument panel which I have already printed up for it :D

Quick Q, did you have to grind away a fair bit of the wheel hub to get the covers to fit nicely? It looked like I needed to grind at least 5mm

Thanks

dave

Comment

Working...
                                          X