Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
    Coolio !!!

I run a whole bunch of Different Weapons and Stuff (Camera Pods Various ECM Sensors,... etc) under mine, each of which affects my Trim !! Having to constantly adjust Trim warrants very fine trim adjustments along with Servos that will accommodate those constant Configuration driven Trim adjustments. It's unfortunate I cannot get the precision on even Rudder or Steering Servos out of a 'Stocker' ... Costly, yes, but a necessity when dabbling in these Realms !! Apparently, some Guyz are running these $9.99 Servos on their 'Foamies' at 140mph !!! And happy with them... Go figure. Hahahahaha GL !! Cheers !!

Flying' around like 'This' changes the EDFGame considerably !! This thing really messes with the FlightDynamics !!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RickHiltonPK.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	215723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190301_160333.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	215722

Click image for larger version

Name:	36473322136_7264b6a6f9_b.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	215721
    Now THAT is some ordnance! That definitely has an effect on flight character, ha-ha. I tell ya, it looks so incredible though all loaded up like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      I originally pre-ordered this Hornet, but cancelled due to a flying field closure at that time. So, I'm looking to reorder, but I let some time go by in hope of some kome kinks being worked out by the time I order. Supposedly there was a small percentage of Hornet's affected by some issues.

For Motion or anyone who has recently purchased the either version (but some apply directly to the Gray one), does the current stock on the website available for purchase contain an updated F/A-18C or any kind?

For example, is there adequate glue on the stabilator mount plates, any updates to the servos (are they all metal geared or hybrid), any control box issues, gray collared molded plastic mount pieces instead of blue, etc.?
      I was wondering the same thing, I am saving for my F18 but not sure if the model currently for sale include any updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiz1 View Post

I was wondering the same thing, I am saving for my F18 but not sure if the model currently for sale include any updates.
        My Blue Angels one will be here today. I'll let y'all know if it looks like they went through anything on it with the mounting plates and servos.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

My Blue Angels one will be here today. I'll let y'all know if it looks like they went through anything on it with the mounting plates and servos.
          Not only check the servos for all metal or hybrid geared but check for sliced elevator servo wires, my gray one and BA had sliced wires on the elevator servos, MRC did replace them right away, I tried to get the all metal geared as replacement but they said no and sent the hybrid ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Not only check the servos for all metal or hybrid geared but check for sliced elevator servo wires, my gray one and BA had sliced wires on the elevator servos, MRC did replace them right away, I tried to get the all metal geared as replacement but they said no and sent the hybrid ones.
            I bought the F22 servos to go in it for the elevator so I'll have them all the way out anyway.

Comment

• Got 4 more flights on mine yesterday with light winds although it was crossed most of the day. But man.... this thing is awesome!! Will have a new set up installed for next weekend whoch should be even better than this... but as of now its awesome!! Video to come later... here is a pic though...
              Attached Files
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks, man. I definitely appreciate it.

Comment

Hopefully a relief channel (and with smoothed, rounded, and/or sanded edges) was made in the plastic to allow safer and smoother transition for the servo wire to enter the fuselage. I'm still unsure why this F-18 has different servos than the F-22 90mm EDF jet (from what people are saying, the servos may be different, but since I dont have one the F-18 I don't know).

Comment

I bought the F22 servos to go in it for the elevator so I'll have them all the way out anyway.
                    Yep, those will work, I ordered the all metal geared servos as soon as I found out I had sliced wires after 38 flights on my BA F-18.....

Comment

Yep, those will work, I ordered the all metal geared servos as soon as I found out I had sliced wires after 38 flights on my BA F-18.....
                      DC.............is your comment on the servo wires a misspelling and you meant "spliced" and if not and it was sliced....how so.
                      Reason I ask is because way back when the SeaFury was released I had a bad flap servo and found that the wires had been spliced together.
                      That practice by FL/FW was to have been resolved per Marc/Tom.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

DC.............is your comment on the servo wires a misspelling and you meant "spliced" and if not and it was sliced....how so.
                        Reason I ask is because way back when the SeaFury was released I had a bad flap servo and found that the wires had been spliced together.
                        One of the issues the MRC team discovered on the F18 was the elevator servo wires getting cut (or sliced) into by the plastic the servo mounts to.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Mine were sliced not spliced, actually cut past the wire insulation and into the wires themselves, got away with 38 flights like that before I found out about the warning notice, that was on my BA, the grey one was sliced only into the insulation a little.

Comment

• I was lucky in that my wires were fine, the plate was secured well and the stock original servos are doing good.

Comment

Thanks, man. I definitely appreciate it.
                              I waited a while to order mine hoping that they would have gone back through them or that it would be from a different shipment that had the issues resolved at the factory. Unfortunately, that isn't what I got. Mine had the green label on the box directing me to the bulletin on MRC's website. Both my mounting plates are going to have to be reglued for sure. I didn't dig in any further though since the initial inspection had some other issues. Nose has some damage, paint chipped off, decals messed up, etc. So, I am emailing MRC today to send them pictures before I start on anything. We'll see where it goes from here. I am a HUGE Motion/FW fan and the fit and finish on my last 3 jets from them (F35, F22, Hawk) were all exceptional. This one certainly didn't live up to the expectations those last 3 set.

Comment

• Not good. I have not opened mine and it is from the very first run, so it may be in the same condition. Usually there are never any issues! Keep us up to date please!!!

Comment

• Mine was a immediate preorder when they went on line and had no problems. Keep your fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Not good. I have not opened mine and it is from the very first run, so it may be in the same condition. Usually there are never any issues! Keep us up to date please!!!

Comment

• I have no doubt MRC will make it right, one way or another. I was bummed last night because I wanted to get started on it, so I'd have it ready to maiden this weekend. But, it'll all work out, I'm sure!

Comment

I waited a while to order mine hoping that they would have gone back through them or that it would be from a different shipment that had the issues resolved at the factory. Unfortunately, that isn't what I got. Mine had the green label on the box directing me to the bulletin on MRC's website. Both my mounting plates are going to have to be reglued for sure. I didn't dig in any further though since the initial inspection had some other issues. Nose has some damage, paint chipped off, decals messed up, etc. So, I am emailing MRC today to send them pictures before I start on anything. We'll see where it goes from here. I am a HUGE Motion/FW fan and the fit and finish on my last 3 jets from them (F35, F22, Hawk) were all exceptional. This one certainly didn't live up to the expectations those last 3 set.
                                      Awe man, I'm sorry to hear that. That can be disappointing. It has happened to me before with a different aircraft. I also wanted to fly that plane on the weekend, but contacted Motion to send it back. Hopefully the company helps you out quickly and you can get flying.

Comment

Awe man, I'm sorry to hear that. That can be disappointing. It has happened to me before with a different aircraft. I also wanted to fly that plane on the weekend, but contacted Motion to send it back. Hopefully the company helps you out quickly and you can get flying.
                                        Looks like my only option is to return it at this point.

Comment

Looking at their policy, customers are responsible for shipping it back AND the cost it took to ship it to you the first time. That what happened on yours?

Comment

Working...
                                          X