Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you talked to them yet? The shipping back and forth are on you for a no reason return. You are returning due to warranty defects...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Have you talked to them yet? The shipping back and forth are on you for a no reason return. You are returning due to warranty defects...
      I have. I sent in a general customer service form asking my options, but was told this wasn't a warranty issue so I'd have to fill out a RA form if I would like to return it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Looking at their policy, customers are responsible for shipping it back AND the cost it took to ship it to you the first time. That what happened on yours?
        Since the aircraft I had (was several years ago) had issues like warped surfaces, etc., if I'm not mistaken, I dont believe I paid for shipping in any way for the return/exchange process. It was a while ago, but I'm going off memory. During that time, I spoke to someone on the phone and they sent me the necessary return label.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Since the aircraft I had (was several years ago) had issues like warped surfaces, etc., if I'm not mistaken, I dont believe I paid for shipping in any way for the return/exchange process. It was a while ago, but I'm going off memory. During that time, I spoke to someone on the phone and they sent me the necessary return label.
          I was on a Deployment when my Jet arrived. I didn't get the box opened for about 4 month after it arrived. I had 'Warpage' on the Stabs, I got the Sorry, ... that out of your Warranty Period... Warranty starts upon receipt of Box, not when you Get around to opening it !!!! Hahahahaha. I explained my particular situation and got No sympathy whatsoever .... Veteran Owned business too !! OhWell... I just deal with it. GL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

I was on a Deployment when my Jet arrived. I didn't get the box opened for about 4 month after it arrived. I had 'Warpage' on the Stabs, I got the Sorry, ... that out of your Warranty Period... Warranty starts upon receipt of Box, not when you Get around to opening it !!!! Hahahahaha. I explained my particular situation and got No sympathy whatsoever .... Veteran Owned business too !! OhWell... I just deal with it. GL
            I feel for you with that as that is a tough thing to have happen. Thank you for your service.

Comment

• I just received my all grey version last week. I was disappointed to find out that the elevator plates aren't properly glued. I had to put very little pressure on them and they practically popped out. I'm going to have to remove them completely and re glue them. The sticker was on the box warning me to check the service bulletin prior to flying this plane but come on, I paid $479 for this plane and it has a issue that they know about yet are basically telling their customers "you fix the issue"

Comment

• I ordered mine last week after doing the maiden +1 on a club members new F18. It felt that good in only two flights I knew this could cause my F22 to take the bench for a bit. Stock 6S powertrain is perfectly matched for this aircraft.

It’s a bummer about the servos and plates but at least the issue is out in the open and easy enough to fix.

John
                Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• My flights from this past weekend....

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Well, I have a gray ARF+ on the way. Hopefully this plane doesn't disappoint as I've wanted one for a long time.

Comment

• I replaced my elevator servos to all MG, did my due diligence as per the TSB and couldn't be happier! Great jet!!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Well, I have a gray ARF+ on the way. Hopefully this plane doesn't disappoint as I've wanted one for a long time.
                        Just do as the service bulletin says... you will be fine!! Plane flies awesome!
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
                          I ordered mine last week after doing the maiden +1 on a club members new F18. It felt that good in only two flights I knew this could cause my F22 to take the bench for a bit. Stock 6S powertrain is perfectly matched for this aircraft.

It’s a bummer about the servos and plates but at least the issue is out in the open and easy enough to fix.

John
                          Pulled the elevator system apart on my new kit and found no issues as listed in TSB.

Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• My replacement didn't have any problems with the elevator setup either, just replaced the servos to MG and slightly dremeled more room for the leads.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Just do as the service bulletin says... you will be fine!! Plane flies awesome!
                              No doubt, man . I'm picky, so I go through things with a fine tooth comb, LOL. After I'm satisfied, then I'll get to painting, and further mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herman Munster View Post
                                I just received my all grey version last week. I was disappointed to find out that the elevator plates aren't properly glued. I had to put very little pressure on them and they practically popped out. I'm going to have to remove them completely and re glue them. The sticker was on the box warning me to check the service bulletin prior to flying this plane but come on, I paid $479 for this plane and it has a issue that they know about yet are basically telling their customers "you fix the issue"
                                That’s exactly why I’ve not purchased any more! If your lucky, you won’t have to cut foam to re-glue the plates. Otherwise, there’s two ways to fix it correctly in my book.
                                1. Split the fuse
                                2. Cut out the bottom portion around the plate only. (This is what i did)
                                But back to your point, there’s NO REASON on earth, anyone should pay $500 and have to make repairs before use, PERIOD!!!!!!

Comment

• As expected, MRC has taken care of me 100%. I was disappointed to have mine arrive with damage, but MRC's customer service never disappoints!

Comment

No doubt, man . I'm picky, so I go through things with a fine tooth comb, LOL. After I'm satisfied, then I'll get to painting, and further mods.
                                    I replaced all the important servos (aileron, flaps and elevator) and eliminated the blue box. That may have been slight over kill but I wanted to make sure it worked as I wanted. I will be using the blue box to get the LEDs working as they should. I also reglued the servo plates with extra thick CA and it made a huge difference!

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I replaced all the important servos (aileron, flaps and elevator) and eliminated the blue box. That may have been slight over kill but I wanted to make sure it worked as I wanted. I will be using the blue box to get the LEDs working as they should. I also reglued the servo plates with extra thick CA and it made a huge difference!
                                      It's well worth the effort to make changes you feel will provide added assurance to the longevity of the jet . I know many of us have wanted a large F/A-18 like this for a while now, so it's nice to keep it around for as long as possible.

Comment

• Hey Guys, just thought I'd post some progress pics from my F18 Build.. Going with the Canadian 150 Scheme.. not gonna win any scale awards with this one, but its my first attempt at customizing an airplane.. psyched to fly it, but have alot more to do..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I can't explain what happened in that first batch of F/A-18Cs...I along with many of you have been waiting years for a quality scale 90mm EPO version of my favorite fighter jet so it was very disappointing to discover the issues that came about, which is completely uncharacteristic of Freewing. I do not have any inside information as to how the QC or issues got past final inspections but I can tell you there's no RC distributor that works harder than Motion RC to rectify any issues and continues to strive for quality and excellence in every release. Trust me when I say we will work our rears off 24/7 to make sure those types of issues are exceedingly rare.

I am now flying mine with the confidence I should have, and it's fantastic! LOVE this jet man!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X