Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes my apologies if I misspoke earlier...I was coming from the mindset of if a customer wants to return a plane that has been painted...
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks Tom and Aros, No harm no foul.. just glad your working with me thru this issue.. my faith in MRC is restored. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
        Hi, I'm talking with my customer service team here at Motion RC. Sorry guys. We've had a bit of a miscommunication on our part. Painting a plane has nothing to do with electronics issues and we're happy to get you all fixed up.
        Outstanding !! Good to Hear. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by rcSpanky View Post
          Thanks Tom and Aros, No harm no foul.. just glad your working with me thru this issue.. my faith in MRC is restored. :)
          This is why I love Hobbysquawk so much! Direct communication with the awesome MRC folks! They are great to deal with and just remember, we're all human!

Comment

• Just picked one of these up, i started with an orangerx lite to just test everything and it seemed just fine. I switched over to a Lemon rx stabilizer receiver and now the rudder servos and front landing gear steering servo are moving in all different directions with no stick input. It seems like it begins to happen when I do anything with the flaps. Any help in fixing this issue is appreciated as i wont be flying it until i know this wont happen in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acook100 View Post
              Just picked one of these up, i started with an orangerx lite to just test everything and it seemed just fine. I switched over to a Lemon rx stabilizer receiver and now the rudder servos and front landing gear steering servo are moving in all different directions with no stick input. It seems like it begins to happen when I do anything with the flaps. Any help in fixing this issue is appreciated as i wont be flying it until i know this wont happen in the air.
              Seems like it's the LemonRX - you are turning stabilization on & off with the flap channel. Try setting up the RX so that stabilization is OFF, and see if the strange behavior continues. Since the rudder and steering servos are connected in common with the stock setup, they would move together.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Seems like it's the LemonRX - you are turning stabilization on & off with the flap channel. Try setting up the RX so that stabilization is OFF, and see if the strange behavior continues. Since the rudder and steering servos are connected in common with the stock setup, they would move together.
                The flaps aren't on the stabilizer on/off channel (ch5 gear). They're on Aux1 and gear is on Aux2. The power from the bec is plugged into the stabilizer on/off channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acook100 View Post

The flaps aren't on the stabilizer on/off channel (ch5 gear). They're on Aux1 and gear is on Aux2. The power from the bec is plugged into the stabilizer on/off channel.
                  That "should" work but just in case you've got something else going on, try the following:
                  Try plugging the BEC into a different port with a "Y" (eg, throttle) and leave ch5 empty so all it does is turn the stab ON/OFF. This shouldn't make any different but you just never know. Note polarity on ALL plugs.
                  Did you open up the flap menu (ie, select 1ail, 1flap, normal tail in the aircraft type menu)? Then go to your flap menu and do the flap zeroing and adjustments there and selecting the proper switch there? Usually, this would be switch D (3-position). When I'm suing the Lemon stabilized RX, I plug the gear into AUX2 (ch7) as you do and assign switch B (3-position) to operate the retracts but I don't stop in the middle position when flipping the switch.
                  What I'm trying to get at is that your "aircraft type", channel assign and port assign must be all set properly. Also ensure that all the direction switches for each control surface is set in the right direction (there is very little indication that the switch has reached the end so you must be very firm - after this, you'll need to first check the stick response direction, then with the gain pots set a bit higher to determine the gyro response direction when you move the plane. Put the gain pots back down for the first flight even though you have the ability to turn the gyro OFF.

Comment

• Anyone record thier top speed? I got 81mph so far. Heres a quick hatcam vid with carrier landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                      Anyone record thier top speed? I got 81mph so far. Heres a quick hatcam vid with carrier landing.

81mph seems pretty low for this one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        So after my flip over it really took a substantial amount out of the top LE of the Vstabs thanks to the pavement. I am trying to think the best route to go as far as repairs. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. I am thinking adding foam and sculpting, sanding and painting...Any ideas?
                        Aros,

you can add some foam and glue using FoamTac then sand to shape, add some paint. I really don't see the need to replace unless you don't want to spend some time on the repairs. I found this old video showing the technique (about half way into the video 12:18)

Comment

• hat cam video haters... look away... but here are my flights from sunday...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I Love 'HatCam Video' ... when I'm Documenting Grilling a Rib-Eye let's say, or Changing out a CatBox liner !!! Hahahahaha

Comment

• 145mph but I’m on 8s

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                              Anyone record thier top speed? I got 81mph so far. Heres a quick hatcam vid with carrier landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                                Aros, you can add some foam and glue using FoamTac then sand to shape, add some paint. I really don't see the need to replace unless you don't want to spend some time on the repairs. I found this old video showing the technique (about half way into the video 12:18) https://youtu.be/G5lWOaN3Nfk
                                Thanks for the info!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Thanks for the info!
                                  you are welcome

I really like using the Beacon Foam-Tac and the foam filler..... using some water to thin out the filler makes a smooth finish and very little sanding.

Rich

Comment

• I am thinking about getting the ARF version and putting in the power system from my FW 90mm F-16 which I removed as to install an 8S system in the F-16. I'm in the Denver area and the altitude takes a toll on the F-16. Was wondering if anybody at Motion tried that setup before deciding on the current setup which is 9 blade vs 12 on the F16 and 1000kV higher on the F-18 vs the F16. If so, would you recommend it?

Comment

• I finally started getting caught up on projects and put this one together with a Lightburner, it flys great on grass and is very stable and predictable...why would you not want a 90mm F-18 ;)

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• So the time has finally come to install the new graphics onto mine! It has been flying naked for now because I was waiting for to add the proper graphics on the plane. I am not a fan of the waterslides of this size and didn't want to fight with them. So I had Callie make me some and in the more updated #6 with Andre Webb as the pilot! I am hoping to get them applied today and then get busy on the glossing.... and then a new edf set up going in since my current set up (which has worked awesome by the way) is an 3 year old 12 blade unit used in my F-15 when I first started to fiddle with inrunners... Hopefull will be a new hotrod set up!
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                          So the time has finally come to install the new graphics onto mine! It has been flying naked for now because I was waiting for to add the proper graphics on the plane. I am not a fan of the waterslides of this size and didn't want to fight with them. So I had Callie make me some and in the more updated #6 with Andre Webb as the pilot! I am hoping to get them applied today and then get busy on the glossing.... and then a new edf set up going in since my current set up (which has worked awesome by the way) is an 3 year old 12 blade unit used in my F-15 when I first started to fiddle with inrunners... Hopefull will be a new hotrod set up!
                                          What setup this time?

Comment

Working...
                                          X